Coryhall

The time is now it’s time for Americans to defend and protect

The word "militia" conjures up a scary image in the minds of many people, including many conservatives.

A rose by any other name, would smell as sweet.

As @MiguelCepeda says, call it by a different name, something that emphasizes the "community" and "emergency"  ... and which actually does more than train and take photos of itself carrying rifles -- and you've got a defensive shield. 

A change of name (or a good name when starting a new )is a step in the right direction, but not enough.

You've got to actually DO some community stuff to prove your bona fides.  Look at the Houston Unit of the Texas State Militia to see an example:https://tsmhouston.org/learn-about-us/

And even that is not enough, as Brother Cepeda says. You've got to get into politics. If the other side holds the machinery of government, they command the USMC and the Regular Army and the National Guard, and all those scary death's-heads-in-Spartan-helmet patches and dramatic videos of people shooting AR15s ... will avail you naught. 

I am not so sure about the actual mechanics of gaining legal legitimacy, but that can be explored in practice.  If the militia movement can exercise

serious political clout at the local level, wonderful.  But even where local and state government officials are firmly under the control of the other side,

we can make sure that the men and women who actually have to keep order in society -- the local police, deputies, etc -- know that we are on their side -- and

this sentiment will be reciprocated in various ways.

If Trump loses in November and drags lots of Republicans down with him -- yes yes, if  that happens,  it will  all be due to George-Soros-Satan commiting electoral fraud, because really Trump is just wildly popular with 99% of the American people  -- if this happens, we can expect a legal onslaught against the militias. Possibly invocation of the Smith Act, certainly action in the states to declare the militia groups within them "private armies", which most states already hold to be illegal.  Anti-gun legislation, of course, but that will be of little importance compared to outlawing the militia.

Note: one million people, each owning an AR15, but existing as isolated individuals, are of zero significance.  One million people, each owning a  bolt-action rifle, but organized and trained in a national organization with state-level and local-level leaderships .. that is a force to be reckoned with.

14 hours ago, Doug1943 said:

Heinlein's The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress is a wonderful book -- read it with his Starship Troopers,  which balances out the ultra-libertarianism of the first one.

How to operate under conditions of illegality is a complex question: clearly an organizational structure which limits how many other people in the movement any single person knows, is a good idea, and has been practiced since, probably, the early Roman Empire.  Heinlein's interlocked tetrahedrons are mathematically attractive, probably not realizable in practice. (Unless you are a diamond, because that' how its carbon atoms link to each other.)

But ... we are not operating under conditions of illegality now.  We need to be MUCH MORE PUBLIC than we are. This can also go along with reasonable security measures. 

For example, in a militia group, everyone should have a "militia name" -- maybe their real first name, but a made-up surname.  When people attend a militia meeting, they should form a car-pool.

Instead of  20 cars turning up, all of which can have their license plates noted by the bad guys, let members come 4 or 5 to a car -- or even take taxis -- with five people meeting at one person's house -- whoever is closest to the meeting point -- and taking a taxi from there. For a small group of 30 or 40 people, there is no justification for keeping extensive records, certainly not digital ones -- except for email addresses, and these should be special ones, acquired by each member when he or she joins.  State and national groups may have membership databases, but these need to be encrypted and "poisoned" with the names of non-members. (Let Nancy Pelosi be a member of the California militia.)

What we have to avoid is romanticism, fantasizing, play-acting.

I used to think local militias were 100% legal as long as they received legitimacy from their community, but this changed my mind; the implication is 10 USC Sect 246 is also unconstitutional:

On 6/25/2020 at 10:56 PM, Doug1943 said:

I don't disagree with a word you have said.  Here are some generalities:

For everything, there is a season....

There are things which are said, and not done. There are things which are done, and not said.

Right now, we need to build the militia movment. We need to recruit more 'traditional' members -- the guys with AR15s -- and we need to recruit some more kinds of people ... not white, not male, etc.  And we need to build a 'tail' in each unit: people who will do comms, logicstics, intel ... without necessarily being able to low-crawl under the barbed wire.  We need to move into the mainstream of the conservative movement ,... and into the local community, getting known as the serious people who are there to defend, and to help, in disasters and at other times.

None of this is very romantic, and none of this involves going down to the governor's mansion and arresting him and trying him for treason.

And one more thing: our enemies would love to see us turn up with loaded rifles at a riot, and either shoot someone, or get shot. They almost certainly have agents registered on this website who will be making suggestions to that effect, taunting us for lacking manhood if we don't get our guns out now and go shoot somebody.  And the Russian trolls out of St Petersburg, the glavset boys, will be doing the same. And of course there will be some idiots working for free.  We have to ignore all these people.

Well said...there is no one plan or group of people that will solve this equation...we are dealing with some complex trigonometry here.  We need to break this problem down into multiple sub equations that are easier to understand and operate (EMCOM/LOGISTICS/INTEL/RECRUITMENT/TRAINING...etc) need to develope effective Command Control Warfare (C2W) among the militias to operate in an Asymetric enviornment in multiple locations as needed.  War fighting is 80% Intel 10% Communications and 10% Combat.  We do not need to be the poster child for the advisory showing us as itchy trigger finger conspiracy theorist's. 

Doug I enjoy reading your posts, your mind is a great asset to the militia.

1 hour ago, CTTCAZ said:

Well said...there is no one plan or group of people that will solve this equation...we are dealing with some complex trigonometry here.  We need to break this problem down into multiple sub equations that are easier to understand and operate (EMCOM/LOGISTICS/INTEL/RECRUITMENT/TRAINING...etc) need to develope effective Command Control Warfare (C2W) among the militias to operate in an Asymetric enviornment in multiple locations as needed.  War fighting is 80% Intel 10% Communications and 10% Combat.  We do not need to be the poster child for the advisory showing us as itchy trigger finger conspiracy theorist's. 

Doug I enjoy reading your posts, your mind is a great asset to the militia.

Thank you for the kind complment.  I'm not smarter than anyone else, just older, and have had the luck -- I won't say whether it's good or bad -- to have been through a lot of experiences that taught me something.  I hope.

Ben Franklin said that "Experience keeps a dear school, but a fool will learn in no other."  Well, I learned, I hope.

But.  I just have hold of part of the elephant. There are so many good people here, who  have knowledge that I don't have.

Hopefully, we can complement each other, and maybe start putting together something, centred on this marvellous website, that can influence events.

It's strange ... I still haven't taken it fully on board -- but we are "living in history". What we -- collectively -- do, will shape the history of this nation, and of the world, for a long time to come..

To quote Lincoln, our actions in the fiery trials to come over the next few years, will light us, in honor or dishonor, down to the last generation.

Gulp.

20 hours ago, Doug1943 said:

The word "militia" conjures up a scary image in the minds of many people, including many conservatives.

A rose by any other name, would smell as sweet.

As @MiguelCepeda says, call it by a different name, something that emphasizes the "community" and "emergency"  ... and which actually does more than train and take photos of itself carrying rifles -- and you've got a defensive shield. 

A change of name (or a good name when starting a new )is a step in the right direction, but not enough.

You've got to actually DO some community stuff to prove your bona fides.  Look at the Houston Unit of the Texas State Militia to see an example:https://tsmhouston.org/learn-about-us/

And even that is not enough, as Brother Cepeda says. You've got to get into politics. If the other side holds the machinery of government, they command the USMC and the Regular Army and the National Guard, and all those scary death's-heads-in-Spartan-helmet patches and dramatic videos of people shooting AR15s ... will avail you naught. 

I am not so sure about the actual mechanics of gaining legal legitimacy, but that can be explored in practice.  If the militia movement can exercise

serious political clout at the local level, wonderful.  But even where local and state government officials are firmly under the control of the other side,

we can make sure that the men and women who actually have to keep order in society -- the local police, deputies, etc -- know that we are on their side -- and

this sentiment will be reciprocated in various ways.

If Trump loses in November and drags lots of Republicans down with him -- yes yes, if  that happens,  it will  all be due to George-Soros-Satan commiting electoral fraud, because really Trump is just wildly popular with 99% of the American people  -- if this happens, we can expect a legal onslaught against the militias. Possibly invocation of the Smith Act, certainly action in the states to declare the militia groups within them "private armies", which most states already hold to be illegal.  Anti-gun legislation, of course, but that will be of little importance compared to outlawing the militia.

Note: one million people, each owning an AR15, but existing as isolated individuals, are of zero significance.  One million people, each owning a  bolt-action rifle, but organized and trained in a national organization with state-level and local-level leaderships .. that is a force to be reckoned with.

That TSMhouston group looks like the way to go for me. I am really close and it appears they are very active. I’m only now attempting to become a part of the solution. Hard to understand that I was so blind. Not easy to swallow my ignorance. Though I was blind it’s crystal clear now. Training and organization is necessary and I know there will be a role for me somewhere. I’m at square 1 but I’m in no way able to sit aside to watch the game on the sidelines or bleachers. Your insight is right on. And I’m great full this site to allow others to see the message.