LetFreedomRing

FIREARMS STORAGE AND SECURITY

SecureIt Gun Storage - This Isn't Your Grandfather's Gun Safe

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

Author of the topic Posted

Stack-On Tactical Security Cabinet

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

lfr.jpg

Before You Buy a Gun Safe, Watch This! | SecureIt Gun Storage

lfr.jpg

Gun Safe: Best Gun Safes & Gun Cabinets For Long Guns 2019 - TOP 10

lfr.jpg

I have one of those Stack On Tactical cabinets.  Its nice.  It is most definitely not a safe.  Its just a regular metal gun storage cabinet with an extra piece of metal on the front for style.  I carpeted the inside of it and put motion activated LED light strips in it.  It can hold a whole buncha guns and ammo.

I wouldn't pay full price for it.  I got mine off Amazon Warehouse for cheap (like $200 a few years back).

I've been shopping and is why I started this thread.  I just ordered a Stack-On 18 gun security cabinet.  I think it is the best bang for the buck for what I am wanting it for.  It looks to hold about 9 or 10 actual rifles with the storage boxes set up which is fine for my purposes.  I can store some of my pistols, ammo, and magazines in it as well.  I don't have a lot of money to spend on a safe, most safes cost twice as much or more and only take about 10 more minutes to break into with a power cutoff wheel on the side panels.  I'd still be interested to see other's cabinet and safe storage solutions they have and would recommend.

Stack On 18 gun cabinet (Cabela's Edition)...how many firearms can you expect it to hold?

lfr.jpg

OK, so here is my experience.  I decided to go with a Stack On 18 gun security cabinet through Grainger because they were the only place showing stock available to ship on this model.  Turns out it was drop ship from the manufacturer and no guarantee on stock and when it will ship.  

https://www.stack-on.com/product/18-gun-security-cabinet/

After 5 weeks, one week past the estimated ship date on Grainger I got notice this order was being shipped.  Tracking showed it was delivered a week later but I didn't get it.  Turns out that Stack On either their mistake or Grainger's mistake, shipped it to the Grainger distribution center nearest me which was a state away.  I contacted Grainger and was told their distribution would be shipping it out to me from there.  A week later still no delivery.  Contacted Grainger again and they couldn't locate my order so they contacted Stack On and had them ship another unit this time directly to me.  2 weeks later, never got any tracking information, the second unit gets delivered.  There is no shelving or mounting hardware inside the gun cabinet that was supposed to be with it.  I again contacted Grainger and they got Stack On to agree to ship the shelving and mounting hardware to me, the only thing they had to wait for it to be made so it was another 3 weeks before I got the shelving and hardware that was supposed to come with it.  After all of this run around, I would have to say that the gun cabinet is good quality over all for the money it cost and that it arrived in pretty good condition just one small dent hardly noticeable on the side.  

If you are in a hurry though, get something in stock at a local store!!!

lfr.jpg

Sound advice on purchasing at the store.   A few years back, I took out a self loan (my retirement account allows loans) and purchased an OLD GLORY gun safe.   Best investment of my retirement account to date.

Glad to hear things are progressing on the safe, challenging as it has been.