S.Curtis

Divided We Fall: How to recruit in desperate times

Patriots are waking up to a storm on the horizon. 2020 has been a year of red flags and the second amendment has never been more practiced.... at least... the ownership of arms part. Recruitment and organization is needed for the militias of the United States to be of any effect when all hell breaks loose! So how do we do it? How to we locate, recruit and organize patriots in this modern, isolationist culture we find ourselves in? I’d be eternally grateful for your thoughts on this. 

The key is to leverage the tools and resources you have available to you. If you look at the menu bar here on the site we have the Area code as well as the map which show members locations. It has a great feature to select "members near me'.  Also local gun clubs, prepper groups (yes they are flourishing again), orienteering clubs, the VFW and American Legion, etc. are great places to network. 

Beyond that it is up to you to reach out, coordinate and do the legwork.  Don't get discouraged, you'll run into nine keyboard commandos that never show for anything for every one that does. Focus on the ones that show.

One piece of advice: Never do meetings or any kind of training at anyone's residence. That's not practicing good OPSEC.

Author of the topic Posted
3 minutes ago, Skillet said:

The key is to leverage the tools and resources you have available to you. If you look at the menu bar here on the site we have the Area code as well as the map which show members locations. It has a great feature to select "members near me'.  Also local gun clubs, prepper groups (yes they are flourishing again), orienteering clubs, the VFW and American Legion, etc. are great places to network. 

Beyond that it is up to you to reach out, coordinate and do the legwork.  Don't get discouraged, you'll run into nine keyboard commandos that never show for anything for every one that does. Focus on the ones that show.

One piece of advice: Never do meetings or any kind of training at anyone's residence. That's not practicing good OPSEC.

I really appreciate this. I’ve linked up with my area code militia and we are going to meet up in the near future. 

I will keep those other resources in mind as I work on recruiting those who are serious about this matter. 

And I REALLY appreciate the last bit of advice. I’m new to this and I wouldn’t have known that. Good call. 

5 hours ago, S.Curtis said:

Patriots are waking up to a storm on the horizon. 2020 has been a year of red flags and the second amendment has never been more practiced.... at least... the ownership of arms part. Recruitment and organization is needed for the militias of the United States to be of any effect when all hell breaks loose! So how do we do it? How to we locate, recruit and organize patriots in this modern, isolationist culture we find ourselves in? I’d be eternally grateful for your thoughts on this. 

You nailed it. 

I'd summarize my post on The Project by saying this:

1. Treat it as an operation because it is. That means an Operations Plan done in deliberative fashion.

2. Recruiting and organizing takes precedence over all other things.

3. Brainstorm-- bring in other people that you know can add to the conversation.

4. Plan to hit all levels (tactical, operational, strategic); that translates into town/county/state/nation.

5. Do it on the cheap-- but don't be afraid to fundraise when you have to in order to buy the essentials (a banner for a gun show and purchasing the table and literature).

6. Your most important targets will be former field grade officers with military planning experience. They know how to solve problems and move organizations. FIND THEM!

If you'd like to create a cell for your efforts, let me know and I'll help you.