Skillet

IR and thermal defeating net you can roll up and strap to your ruck for $25

I came across these and snagged one, they are absolutely brand new in the plastic. And they work. We tested it during daytime with a Pulsar thermal sight and during night with the Pulsar and a gen3 ATN PVS-14 and it works well.  The system can be rolled up fairly tight and deployed by unstrapping, shaking it out and it's ready to go.  They are frequently back ordered but this place gets  them in, and there are other sources for roughly the same price. But make sure you're getting the real thing, these are Chinese fakes out there on eBay that are totally ineffective.

http://ogsurplus-com.3dcartstores.com/Military-ULCANS-camo-Netting-Thermal-Blocking_p_35.html

ulcans.png

Author of the topic Posted
2 hours ago, Tempstar said:

Reflectix at Lowes will shield great as long as it isn't in contact with what is being shielded.

Does that come in any kind of subdued color? With an air gap it seems like it would be a great (and economical) solution for fixed things, like creating a generator shield.

On 7/22/2020 at 5:24 PM, Skillet said:

Does that come in any kind of subdued color? With an air gap it seems like it would be a great (and economical) solution for fixed things, like creating a generator shield.

It only comes in silver but OD paint will stick to it. We tried several colors and looked at it with a FLIR camera. Light blue was the best. With no paint it is unseen and obviously the darker you paint it the more sun it collects and becomes visible to the FLIR, as any material will. The nicest thing about it is that since a FLIR camera will only work on the first focal point (won't see through something) it makes an excellent hide.

I made an 8'x8' sun shade on a PVC frame to work underneath outside, and shot it with the camera to see how it worked. That's when I discovered that it was invisible (as in the same temperature as surrounding areas) to the FLIR.

As I said, I ordered one of these magical cloaks from Old Grouch Surplus.  That was 7/21/20.  They said it mailed 7/22/20 by USPO Priority Mail but gave me no tracking number.  To date, no delivery.  Yesterday I called them and they answered the telephone.  Then they said their computer was down and they would call me back with the tracking number.  Guess what????? No call back, no tracking number, no delivery.

5 hours ago, Bergmeister said:

As I said, I ordered one of these magical cloaks from Old Grouch Surplus.  That was 7/21/20.  They said it mailed 7/22/20 by USPO Priority Mail but gave me no tracking number.  To date, no delivery.  Yesterday I called them and they answered the telephone.  Then they said their computer was down and they would call me back with the tracking number.  Guess what????? No call back, no tracking number, no delivery.

That's unusual. I've done business more than once with them and never had a problem. Stay on their butts and keep us posted.

7 hours ago, Bergmeister said:

I ordered 2 around the same timeframe. Got them in 10 days.

Guest Joe D
On 7/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, Skillet said:

I came across these and snagged one, they are absolutely brand new in the plastic. And they work. We tested it during daytime with a Pulsar thermal sight and during night with the Pulsar and a gen3 ATN PVS-14 and it works well.  The system can be rolled up fairly tight and deployed by unstrapping, shaking it out and it's ready to go.  They are frequently back ordered but this place gets  them in, and there are other sources for roughly the same price. But make sure you're getting the real thing, these are Chinese fakes out there on eBay that are totally ineffective.

http://ogsurplus-com.3dcartstores.com/Military-ULCANS-camo-Netting-Thermal-Blocking_p_35.html

ulcans.png

Old Grouchs' in NC....bought 2 rolls,excellent

My account was debited 7/21/20.  To date no camo cloak and they refuse to supply me with a tracking number.  Today I filled out a fraud form and sent it back to my bank.  I asked them to debit the Old Grouch Supply bank account and through my bank return my money. 

Let's review:

Debited my account 7/21/20

Received an email confirmation of my order 7/22/20 sent USPO Priority Mail.

I emailed them for the tracking number, no response

I called them for the tracking number and was told "our computer is down --we will call you back".

Next day, no call back.

I called again and got a recording.

I called and left a message asking them to state in their recording exactly when they would answer their telephone.

I called again and they had blocked my telephone number.

I called my bank and explained the situation, they mailed me a fraud claim form.

Today I sent the form to the bank.

1 hour ago, Bergmeister said:

My account was debited 7/21/20.  To date no camo cloak and they refuse to supply me with a tracking number.  Today I filled out a fraud form and sent it back to my bank.  I asked them to debit the Old Grouch Supply bank account and through my bank return my money. 

Let's review:

Debited my account 7/21/20

Received an email confirmation of my order 7/22/20 sent USPO Priority Mail.

I emailed them for the tracking number, no response

I called them for the tracking number and was told "our computer is down --we will call you back".

Next day, no call back.

I called and left a message asking them to state in their recording exactly when they would answer their telephone.

I called again and they had blocked my telephone number.

I called my bank and explained the situation, they mailed me a fraud claim form.

Today I sent the form to the bank.

Well, I hate that happened to you, as I stated I've had several good transactions with them in the past. But things change and based on them not bothering to call you back I probably won't be doing business with them again.  There are other sources, once I come across one I'll post it.

17 hours ago, Skillet said:

Well, I hate that happened to you, as I stated I've had several good transactions with them in the past. But things change and based on them not bothering to call you back I probably won't be doing business with them again.  There are other sources, once I come across one I'll post it.

Please do, I am still very interested in this item.

Guest Joe D

Hope the bank gets your money back. It is time too put Old Grouch's on the shit list. MAGA 2020!

7 hours ago, Bergmeister said:

Please do, I am still very interested in this item.

Likewise if they make it right post and let us know. They have been a good seller and I hate to see a good source go down the toilet.

Update; Checked today, No new supplier of serviceable sections. A few out there selling used ones. I personally wouldn't buy a used one, chances are it's been trashed and pressure washed more than once.

3 hours ago, Bergmeister said:

My bank was able to claw back my $35.51 from Old Grouches bank and return it to me.  So I still am looking for an alternative source.

I've been keeping my eye open and still haven'tf found a decent reputable source. Be careful, some people are running ads for plain old radar scattering nets as the ULCANS.

New developments.  After my bank clawed back the $35.51 from their bank a week and a half ago, I got an email from Old Grouch yesterday saying my order was cancelled.  I replied F--you and once again forgot about the whole thing.  Then a package arrived from Old Grouch.  It was the ULCANS netting, but listen to this.  They advertise about 6x4 feet.  What was in the package was three small pieces torn up.  Two corners and what looked like the original body about 4x2.5 feet.  I will email them and if they want to pay for shipping, I'll send it back but it is of no use to me.  Remember, they emailed me yesterday but refused to return emails before so this ought to be interesting.

58 minutes ago, Bergmeister said:

New developments.  After my bank clawed back the $35.51 from their bank a week and a half ago, I got an email from Old Grouch yesterday saying my order was cancelled.  I replied F--you and once again forgot about the whole thing.  Then a package arrived from Old Grouch.  It was the ULCANS netting, but listen to this.  They advertise about 6x4 feet.  What was in the package was three small pieces torn up.  Two corners and what looked like the original body about 4x2.5 feet.  I will email them and if they want to pay for shipping, I'll send it back but it is of no use to me.  Remember, they emailed me yesterday but refused to return emails before so this ought to be interesting.

Wow, never had that kind of service from them, but I've sworn off them them after your first post on this.