Kaser100

Just a thought I had

Just think when this 2a was written citizens owned war ships, cannons, all kinds of arms, could fish, hunt without any fees or permits. We could raise livestock, and plant fields without any fees or permits. We could work as an employee or operate a business without fees or permits. We could travel any place at any time without fees or permits. We could buy and sale goods and services without any fees or permits. When you look at America now, our forefathers would say, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ?

@ Kaser100 I edited the text size of your post to make it a bit easier to read, the content was unchanged.

What happened? People stood by and didn't have any concern because the rights being infringed weren't rights they exercised, so they felt it didn't affect them, basically sunshine patriots. Just like the mentality that "there's no issue with surveillance if you're not doing anything wrong". truthfully the average American has little to no clue anymore of what freedoms they and their ancestors have freely handed away. And since Civics is rarely ever mandated in schools anymore it continues to get worse, because the populace at large remains ignorant.

Author of the topic Posted

I see the injustice of modern America calling itself a free nation. Free to be charged taxes on anything and everything. I fail to find anything that is not taxed, even our labor. I have had feedback on this subject and find Americans do not care. If all their rights were taken away, I find most would agree with it, or do nothing to oppose it. They have forgotten our history, what our ancestors did to build  this country. Perhaps many were not in America at the start and is reason we are living in this un-American America. It is under constant attack as I just seen with my home state of Oklahoma. Our Supreme Court gave half of Oklahoma to the Indians yesterday, my guess more communist crap to divide/destroy America. 

It's called the slow boil.  If you raise the temperature of the water slowly enough a frog won't realize it and let themself be boiled alive before they are aware enough to escape.....  Licenses and permits turn rights into "voluntary privileges".  Once a right is taken away, it is almost impossible to get it back.

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

On 7/3/2020 at 8:12 PM, Kaser100 said:
Just think when this 2a was written citizens owned war ships, cannons, all kinds of arms, could fish, hunt without any fees or permits. We could raise livestock, and plant fields without any fees or permits. We could work as an employee or operate a business without fees or permits. We could travel any place at any time without fees or permits. We could buy and sale goods and services without any fees or permits. When you look at America now, our forefathers would say, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ?

Those who trade liberty for security eventually lose both.  Government says taxes will make things better, and the sheep feel safe.