ROFCB Commander

Who we are NOT, and why we need that to be clear.

I'm going to rankle some feathers first thing this morning, and that's okay. It's kind of the point. We need to start asking ourselves some very serious questions, because these are serious times and it's time we got serious about them. We can't do that if we are going to continue to allow ourselves to not be taken seriously.

Let's begin by stating what we all know to be true, deep down; much of America sees us as fat little rednecks who want to run around and play dress-up G I Joe. And in reality, many of us are. We're "wannabes" in the worst way. I am. You are. That's the truth.

Here's another truth--we're still the ones who will take the bullet, or deliver it, when the shit hits the fan.

There's more. Very few of us were ever "professional" military or even para-military. Sure, there are some but not a lot of former or present cops and soldiers amongst our ranks. Because there are so few, we don't have that training, that understanding, that mind-set, and we don't bring that bearing to the proceedings just because we show up in tactical gear carrying guns. On the contrary, we usually just look like fat little rednecks playing dress-up.

But we're still the ones who will take that bullet, or deliver it, when the shit hits the fan.

I could do this all day. The point of the exercise is to step past a certain mindset and consciousness, so that we can begin to take on the proper one.

In my estimation there are three ways to address our biggest Achilles heel--our image (both public, and our own self-image). Only one of these ways is right, and it must be our path moving forward.

The first, and worst, way to go about this is to simply resign ourselves to being the bumbling beast they think we are. When we add fuel to the fire--throwing our best tacti-cool gear on to walk through Walmart buying groceries--we become our own punchline. Worse--and this is a disease, folks--when we embrace their labels and images and try to run with them in some sort of misguided attempt at defiance, we're just being stupid. We can no longer run the risk of not being taken seriously. Have you ever seen a true military hero who in any way allows, let alone embraces, an image of buffoonery? GOMER PYLE WAS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON A SITCOM, but every time someone says "militia" it's Gomer Pyle and not George Patton the people see in their mind's eye. We have to change that, and only we can.

The second, and second-worst, way to handle this is to go too far in the opposite direction. In many ways, these two mistakes are linked. Part of the reason we like tactical gear is it (kinda) makes us look like "real soldiers" [note--we ARE fucking "real soldiers"--I'll get into that in a minute]. Making it a point to dress the part, walk the part, talk the part, as if we are taking on a role in a play like some two-bit actor can be just as detrimental to our image (and harmful to our cause) as playing Gomer Pyle, if we don't carefully manage some important expectations, and carefully coordinate our actual training and response.

Please memorize this line; it's important to get your mind set around this. Ready?

We are not Navy SEALS. That isn't our job. Truly, THAT ISN'T OUR JOB. We are not the first line of defense. Not the second. In fact, we are the dead last line of defense in this country, and THAT is the reality we had better begin embracing if we want to actually be worth a shit when the shit hits the fan.

The third, and only, proper way to carry ourselves moving forward is to stop being toy soldiers, and start being the soldiers we actually are. This is a mindset, a way of being. It isn't an occupation, a role, and it certainly isn't a lie--because we're still the ones who will take that bullet, or deliver it, when the shit hits the fan. We are real fucking soldiers, and we'll die for our country, our neighbors, just like those real fucking soldiers who've died to keep us free up to now. Here's how to make that understanding stick in your head--the battle doesn't come to us until the police have FAILED; until the military has FAILED; until the Navy SEALS HAVE FAILED. We are the final bulwark between our great nation and it's destruction, and I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with every single one of you to fight until the breath leaves my body or the enemy is vanquished. That makes me a real fucking soldier.

But I'm going to behave as a real soldier, not as a comic character or wannabe. I'm not going to sell my own self out from jump street by going off half-cocked, marginally trained, waving my Confederate flag, head-to-toe tacti-cool for a demonstration on a 100-degree day. I'm not going to throw jargon around simply because I know it (that's a whole other post just waiting to be written) or jump to the tune my enemy has called simply because he dared me to. I'm not going to try to be that SEAL, not going to be the first or second or third line defender when it is (or should be) clear to me that it isn't my turn. I'm not going to hide, either, but rather I'm going to get out among the people and let them know that I'm a serious man who should be taken seriously. I'm contacting my Sheriff's office and letting him know why I'm doing what I'm doing, and then asking him how I can help. I'm honing my Civil Defense knowledge, making sure my neighbors have what they need to eat when disaster (like COVID) strikes. I'm walking my neighborhood with a smile on my face and my Unit T-shirt on, but leaving my AR at home. That's what I'm doing right now, and from here on out.

But there's more--and this is the most important part of this post. Starting today, I am committing myself to be the best I can be when my turn comes. Today my training begins for real, because I--and all of you--no longer have the time to play dress-up while chowing down on too much barbecue and beer. When my gut makes it impossible to find my dick, let alone grab a full magazine, I'm a shitty soldier, almost useless to my cause and country. When walking across the yard winds me, I can't be much help in a firefight where my fellow soldiers are counting on me. I'm not a Navy SEAL, and I don't have to be Rambo either. But I don't need that third cheeseburger or seventh beer. I can get up out of my chair to get some exercise; there's nothing worth watching on television anyway. A few situps, push-ups, pull-ups every day for the next few months could literally be the difference between life and death for me or others. I'm a soldier; I'm not letting myself or my brothers down.

And like it or not, I (and you) now need real training. No, I don't mean running around with guns in a field, which is fine and important too but just the tip of the training iceberg. We need training. Threat assessment, tactics, psy-ops, recruiting, giving and following orders. We need to learn from professionals, who won't take us seriously if we don't take ourselves seriously, and we need to do it now. For as much as we absolutely must be recruiting new citizen soldiers into the ranks, it's time we made a focused effort to bring experienced, officer-grade military men and women into our midst to show us how it's done. That scares a lot of people for some reason. Lots of us fancy ourselves "leaders" and don't like the idea of being told what to do. That's a fatal mistake, for you and anyone under your command. We are real fucking soldiers--I won't allow anyone to tell me we're not--but we need to learn now how to be real fucking soldiers. And time grows short.

These are men (and women) of bearing, men of achievement. These are not people who are going to be ordered by Johnny Done-nothings, nor should they. We rightfully have to prove ourselves to them. There is no shame in that. I propose to lead men onto battlefields where people will die; I damned sure want to feel confident that I'm the best I can be, and I can't be my best without these folks' help. America needs us, and we need them. We'll never have their services, though, if we don't respect ourselves, our position, and approach everything we do from this point forward with professionalism and pride.

Put the cheeseburger and remote down. Fold the Stars and Bars and drop it in a drawer. Then go look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you could lead men into battle? Even better, ask yourself if men would follow you there. Because if you're sloppy, silly, and not to be taken seriously, they won't and they shouldn't. And just because you aren't charged with leadership yet doesn't mean you won't be.

Fix it in your mind right now, this minute that today you're truly going to be all you can be.

There's no place for Gomer Pyle in today's militia. We don't have time for that shit anymore.

1 hour ago, ROFCB Commander said:

I'm going to rankle some feathers first thing this morning, and that's okay. It's kind of the point. We need to start asking ourselves some very serious questions, because these are serious times and it's time we got serious about them. We can't do that if we are going to continue to allow ourselves to not be taken seriously.

Let's begin by stating what we all know to be true, deep down; much of America sees us as fat little rednecks who want to run around and play dress-up G I Joe. And in reality, many of us are. We're "wannabes" in the worst way. I am. You are. That's the truth.

Here's another truth--we're still the ones who will take the bullet, or deliver it, when the shit hits the fan.

There's more. Very few of us were ever "professional" military or even para-military. Sure, there are some but not a lot of former or present cops and soldiers amongst our ranks. Because there are so few, we don't have that training, that understanding, that mind-set, and we don't bring that bearing to the proceedings just because we show up in tactical gear carrying guns. On the contrary, we usually just look like fat little rednecks playing dress-up.

But we're still the ones who will take that bullet, or deliver it, when the shit hits the fan.

I could do this all day. The point of the exercise is to step past a certain mindset and consciousness, so that we can begin to take on the proper one.

In my estimation there are three ways to address our biggest Achilles heel--our image (both public, and our own self-image). Only one of these ways is right, and it must be our path moving forward.

The first, and worst, way to go about this is to simply resign ourselves to being the bumbling beast they think we are. When we add fuel to the fire--throwing our best tacti-cool gear on to walk through Walmart buying groceries--we become our own punchline. Worse--and this is a disease, folks--when we embrace their labels and images and try to run with them in some sort of misguided attempt at defiance, we're just being stupid. We can no longer run the risk of not being taken seriously. Have you ever seen a true military hero who in any way allows, let alone embraces, an image of buffoonery? GOMER PYLE WAS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON A SITCOM, but every time someone says "militia" it's Gomer Pyle and not George Patton the people see in their mind's eye. We have to change that, and only we can.

The second, and second-worst, way to handle this is to go too far in the opposite direction. In many ways, these two mistakes are linked. Part of the reason we like tactical gear is it (kinda) makes us look like "real soldiers" [note--we ARE fucking "real soldiers"--I'll get into that in a minute]. Making it a point to dress the part, walk the part, talk the part, as if we are taking on a role in a play like some two-bit actor can be just as detrimental to our image (and harmful to our cause) as playing Gomer Pyle, if we don't carefully manage some important expectations, and carefully coordinate our actual training and response.

Please memorize this line; it's important to get your mind set around this. Ready?

We are not Navy SEALS. That isn't our job. Truly, THAT ISN'T OUR JOB. We are not the first line of defense. Not the second. In fact, we are the dead last line of defense in this country, and THAT is the reality we had better begin embracing if we want to actually be worth a shit when the shit hits the fan.

The third, and only, proper way to carry ourselves moving forward is to stop being toy soldiers, and start being the soldiers we actually are. This is a mindset, a way of being. It isn't an occupation, a role, and it certainly isn't a lie--because we're still the ones who will take that bullet, or deliver it, when the shit hits the fan. We are real fucking soldiers, and we'll die for our country, our neighbors, just like those real fucking soldiers who've died to keep us free up to now. Here's how to make that understanding stick in your head--the battle doesn't come to us until the police have FAILED; until the military has FAILED; until the Navy SEALS HAVE FAILED. We are the final bulwark between our great nation and it's destruction, and I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with every single one of you to fight until the breath leaves my body or the enemy is vanquished. That makes me a real fucking soldier.

But I'm going to behave as a real soldier, not as a comic character or wannabe. I'm not going to sell my own self out from jump street by going off half-cocked, marginally trained, waving my Confederate flag, head-to-toe tacti-cool for a demonstration on a 100-degree day. I'm not going to throw jargon around simply because I know it (that's a whole other post just waiting to be written) or jump to the tune my enemy has called simply because he dared me to. I'm not going to try to be that SEAL, not going to be the first or second or third line defender when it is (or should be) clear to me that it isn't my turn. I'm not going to hide, either, but rather I'm going to get out among the people and let them know that I'm a serious man who should be taken seriously. I'm contacting my Sheriff's office and letting him know why I'm doing what I'm doing, and then asking him how I can help. I'm honing my Civil Defense knowledge, making sure my neighbors have what they need to eat when disaster (like COVID) strikes. I'm walking my neighborhood with a smile on my face and my Unit T-shirt on, but leaving my AR at home. That's what I'm doing right now, and from here on out.

But there's more--and this is the most important part of this post. Starting today, I am committing myself to be the best I can be when my turn comes. Today my training begins for real, because I--and all of you--no longer have the time to play dress-up while chowing down on too much barbecue and beer. When my gut makes it impossible to find my dick, let alone grab a full magazine, I'm a shitty soldier, almost useless to my cause and country. When walking across the yard winds me, I can't be much help in a firefight where my fellow soldiers are counting on me. I'm not a Navy SEAL, and I don't have to be Rambo either. But I don't need that third cheeseburger or seventh beer. I can get up out of my chair to get some exercise; there's nothing worth watching on television anyway. A few situps, push-ups, pull-ups every day for the next few months could literally be the difference between life and death for me or others. I'm a soldier; I'm not letting myself or my brothers down.

And like it or not, I (and you) now need real training. No, I don't mean running around with guns in a field, which is fine and important too but just the tip of the training iceberg. We need training. Threat assessment, tactics, psy-ops, recruiting, giving and following orders. We need to learn from professionals, who won't take us seriously if we don't take ourselves seriously, and we need to do it now. For as much as we absolutely must be recruiting new citizen soldiers into the ranks, it's time we made a focused effort to bring experienced, officer-grade military men and women into our midst to show us how it's done. That scares a lot of people for some reason. Lots of us fancy ourselves "leaders" and don't like the idea of being told what to do. That's a fatal mistake, for you and anyone under your command. We are real fucking soldiers--I won't allow anyone to tell me we're not--but we need to learn now how to be real fucking soldiers. And time grows short.

These are men (and women) of bearing, men of achievement. These are not people who are going to be ordered by Johnny Done-nothings, nor should they. We rightfully have to prove ourselves to them. There is no shame in that. I propose to lead men onto battlefields where people will die; I damned sure want to feel confident that I'm the best I can be, and I can't be my best without these folks' help. America needs us, and we need them. We'll never have their services, though, if we don't respect ourselves, our position, and approach everything we do from this point forward with professionalism and pride.

Put the cheeseburger and remote down. Fold the Stars and Bars and drop it in a drawer. Then go look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you could lead men into battle? Even better, ask yourself if men would follow you there. Because if you're sloppy, silly, and not to be taken seriously, they won't and they shouldn't. And just because you aren't charged with leadership yet doesn't mean you won't be.

Fix it in your mind right now, this minute that today you're truly going to be all you can be.

There's no place for Gomer Pyle in today's militia. We don't have time for that shit anymore.

This was my discussion this morning on the discord server with a few to young to understand. I have also had this discussion with others. Those who do not understand this position with the Militia are those who are to me Keyboard Warriors. They are here to see how much they can instigate others. Mostlythey seem to be confused becausethey truly do not understand how the Real Militia works.

The Second Amendment is naturally divided into two parts: its prefatory clause (“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State”) and its operative clause (“the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed”).

Militia and the Militia Movement

A militia is a military force composed of citizens designed to provide defense, law enforcement, and other services during a time of emergency. The primary militia in the United States is the National Guard. The National Guard, along with reserve forces and state defense forces, supplements the active-duty military. Additionally, these units serve their state governments during the response cycles to natural disasters, hurricanes, floods, tornados, forest fires, and emergency circumstances such as riots and episodes of civil unrest.

This all means we are here to assist not be the front lines. We only become the front lines when all else fails. We need to physically remain neutral until called upon or there is no other choice. This means We are our countries last line of defense against a Tyrannical Government, Or the National Guard has been destroyed.

This is why I continue to state; Do not let your passion control your common sense.

Tennessee Commander

Captain of the 19th Tennessee Infantry

2 hours ago, ROFCB Commander said:

Very well said ROFCB.   This is not dissimilar to the volunteer fire service except they are the first line of defense in most of the US.  People will die if not trained and prepared properly.   That includes leadership.  Read a few NIOSH firefighter fatality reports and you will see a common theme that poor ill-prepared leadership contributes or is the direct cause of a firefighter fatality.  They too are sometimes seen as a lower level or inferior firefighter, but the training and certification is exactly the same as a paid department. 

you made some very good points. 

If what ROFCB stated, was in some form or another posted on all serious militia websites, it would do a lot of good and make it easier to identify which are serious groups to consider joining.

Author of the topic Posted
3 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

If what ROFCB stated, was in some form or another posted on all serious militia websites, it would do a lot of good and make it easier to identify which are serious groups to consider joining.

If you believe it will be of help anywhere at all, please feel free to repost it at your discretion. I don't need to be credited for it; it just needs to be seen. For too long we've been our own worst enemies; we need to grow beyond that now, and we start by taking our own selves seriously enough that the rest of the world will do likewise. None of us want to be thought of as the racist, radical, beer-swilling, gun totin' rednecks we're regularly portrayed as. To escape that picture, we can't be those things--and we can't allow others within our ranks to be that guy because it only takes one. I like Bubba. In many ways I am Bubba. But on the field, in the public eye, I have to be Commander Cole. If I'm going to lead people in any way, especially into battle, they have to see a leader when they look at me; they can't see Bubba.

Share this anywhere you think it will do good. It's time to kick recruitment into high gear, and the people who respond to this message are the ones we most need to be recruiting.

7 hours ago, ROFCB Commander said:

If you believe it will be of help anywhere at all, please feel free to repost it at your discretion. I don't need to be credited for it; it just needs to be seen. For too long we've been our own worst enemies; we need to grow beyond that now, and we start by taking our own selves seriously enough that the rest of the world will do likewise. None of us want to be thought of as the racist, radical, beer-swilling, gun totin' rednecks we're regularly portrayed as. To escape that picture, we can't be those things--and we can't allow others within our ranks to be that guy because it only takes one. I like Bubba. In many ways I am Bubba. But on the field, in the public eye, I have to be Commander Cole. If I'm going to lead people in any way, especially into battle, they have to see a leader when they look at me; they can't see Bubba.

Share this anywhere you think it will do good. It's time to kick recruitment into high gear, and the people who respond to this message are the ones we most need to be recruiting.

Age gets to everyone in some form or another, if we don't become Bubba, we end becoming a sack of bones to which a gust of wind can pick us up n take us away,  BUT you ever notice some of the old video news releases of terrorists and the Iraq wars, men coming out of buildings with their shirts off, guts, bitch tits, and thinking, wtf why is it taking so long to wrap this up.  An it was because those fat bastards could at least still walk or shuffle fast enough from room to room or where ever, and their fingers were still operating in a quick manner to pull a trigger.

ah wait, i got a link.

love my links.

anyone remember this guy.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/middle-east/article/3046629/captured-obese-isis-preacher-so-heavy-swat-team-needed-truck

He was considered enough of a real threat that he was arrested and literally trucked away . Probably needed a special cell too.

SO

while I have bitched about key board warriors and I guess some can debate the worth of being one.   That fat bastard was literally a key board warrior, or microphone / recording warrior. He sure as shit wasn't going out his home to make public speeches.    Thing is,  He does prove that  physical action isn't always necessary .

Being  a keyboard warrior is a term I am changing my mind on, because, if one really dives into learning about computers, and gets into the world of hacking. That can be pretty effective. Right now the only two big computer names out there are Wiki Leaks and Anonymous .

I guess really the only situation i can think of that being a key board warrior is completely useless is probably the zombie apocalypse . 

If some equivalent patriot computer group was formed , that could do something on that level, to interfere with the leftist media websites. would be interesting.. illegal probably, but interesting.

3 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Age gets to everyone in some form or another, if we don't become Bubba, we end becoming a sack of bones to which a gust of wind can pick us up n take us away,  BUT you ever notice some of the old video news releases of terrorists and the Iraq wars, men coming out of buildings with their shirts off, guts, bitch tits, and thinking, wtf why is it taking so long to wrap this up.  An it was because those fat bastards could at least still walk or shuffle fast enough from room to room or where ever, and their fingers were still operating in a quick manner to pull a trigger.

ah wait, i got a link.

love my links.

anyone remember this guy.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/middle-east/article/3046629/captured-obese-isis-preacher-so-heavy-swat-team-needed-truck

He was considered enough of a real threat that he was arrested and literally trucked away . Probably needed a special cell too.

SO

while I have bitched about key board warriors and I guess some can debate the worth of being one.   That fat bastard was literally a key board warrior, or microphone / recording warrior. He sure as shit wasn't going out his home to make public speeches.    Thing is,  He does prove that  physical action isn't always necessary .

Being  a keyboard warrior is a term I am changing my mind on, because, if one really dives into learning about computers, and gets into the world of hacking. That can be pretty effective. Right now the only two big computer names out there are Wiki Leaks and Anonymous .

I guess really the only situation i can think of that being a key board warrior is completely useless is probably the zombie apocalypse . 

If some equivalent patriot computer group was formed , that could do something on that level, to interfere with the leftist media websites. would be interesting.. illegal probably, but interesting.

The keyboard warrior is VITAL to our mission going forward. I don't just mean the ones who can gather intelligence, implement psy-ops campaigns, plant disinformation, etc. Those folks are GOLDEN, and absolutely will play a large roll moving forward. But I'm also talking about the little old ladies whose only "contribution" is vocally supporting our cause to her gaggle of gossiping geese, or the dutiful "retweeters" who spread our messages and philosophies far and wide (sowing both goodwill and aiding recruitment efforts). In today's age, the "keyboard warrior" holds every bit the same level of importance as the guy who can shoot a bumble-bee out of the air. That's why I believe we should be reaching out to those who don't think they have anything to contribute, perhaps because of age or infirmary, but in fact could be VERY helpful to us in becoming battle-ready and fully accepted within our communities.

Posted (edited)

If we wait after the cops retreat and just try to hold a defensive position were screwed ,see we have failed to take all the ground they now hold we lost now they will starve  us out since our supply lines food for the country will be cut off

Edited by Saiga308snipe

13 hours ago, ROFCB Commander said:

Bravo sir, let's discuss how to disseminate across all militias, bloggers, and the like. Everyone needs to hear this sentiment. Game time is quickly approaching.

29 minutes ago, Saiga308snipe said:

If we wait after the cops retreat and just try to hold a defensive position were screwed ,see we have failed to take all the ground they now hold we lost now they will starve  us out since our supply lines food for the country will be cut off

27 minutes ago, Saiga308snipe said:

Playing security guards in a civil war is sucidal

I respectfully believe you are misunderstanding my position. I stated an elaboration somewhere else today, and I think you'll find that it meshes better with what you're envisioning. It went something like this; if faced with a situation where people are being attacked, buildings are being burned, violence is being perpetrated and I am present, I will shoot the people involved and order pizza afterward. I have no qualms with entering the fray when it is my place, my position, and my turn to do so. If they come to my neighborhood, that's my place. If they overwhelm the "usual" defenses, that is my position and turn (which is not to say that I must wait until those "usual defenses"--the police, for instance--are overrun; more like I must assess the extent to which it is prudent for me or my unit to get involved and when). But it is NOT wise, and NOT our place, to be the first on the scene; to be goaded into thoughtless, ill-conceived action; to be the tip of the spear when we are, in fact, the anchor for the line.

George Patton famously said "Attack! Attack! Always ATTACK!". He didn't mean literally; he meant that when the time came for his unit to engage, they engaged. They didn't hold back. But that doesn't mean that he fought to the front of every line, or tried to be in every single place at once. He fought when it was time to fight, and held when it was time to hold.

Our job is to hold...until it isn't. The time when it isn't is coming on fast, but right now it is our time to hold.

I’m new here and a combat vet. I see lots of words and little to no structure or a plan. I like parts of what was said but like the comment itself it reminds me of a keyboard warrior. I am not trying to ruffle feathers. Please get with me if you have some ideas and structure to address your complaints. I personally feel we have to be organized regardless of our backgrounds.

16 minutes ago, Alamo6 said:

I’m new here and a combat vet. I see lots of words and little to no structure or a plan. I like parts of what was said but like the comment itself it reminds me of a keyboard warrior. I am not trying to ruffle feathers. Please get with me if you have some ideas and structure to address your complaints. I personally feel we have to be organized regardless of our backgrounds.

You are one thousand percent right. The plan is the problem--because realistically, up to this point there really hasn't been much of one. There are plans--real, actionable plans--being drawn up now to address this issue. If you'd like to know more, please visit a post I made this morning titled "Are you SERIOUS?", and go from there.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, ROFCB Commander said:

I respectfully believe you are misunderstanding my position. I stated an elaboration somewhere else today, and I think you'll find that it meshes better with what you're envisioning. It went something like this; if faced with a situation where people are being attacked, buildings are being burned, violence is being perpetrated and I am present, I will shoot the people involved and order pizza afterward. I have no qualms with entering the fray when it is my place, my position, and my turn to do so. If they come to my neighborhood, that's my place. If they overwhelm the "usual" defenses, that is my position and turn (which is not to say that I must wait until those "usual defenses"--the police, for instance--are overrun; more like I must assess the extent to which it is prudent for me or my unit to get involved and when). But it is NOT wise, and NOT our place, to be the first on the scene; to be goaded into thoughtless, ill-conceived action; to be the tip of the spear when we are, in fact, the anchor for the line.

George Patton famously said "Attack! Attack! Always ATTACK!". He didn't mean literally; he meant that when the time came for his unit to engage, they engaged. They didn't hold back. But that doesn't mean that he fought to the front of every line, or tried to be in every single place at once. He fought when it was time to fight, and held when it was time to hold.

Our job is to hold...until it isn't. The time when it isn't is coming on fast, but right now it is our time to hold.

I whole-heartedly agree with everything you have said, But there ARE people being attacked, Buildings being burned and violence running rampant.. We need to prepare, And I believe that the leaders of all the militias in one state need to get together and work out a plan so that when things get passed the tipping point, We can coordinate with each other so we can all get together and actually fight. If we are just a bunch of small cells with 5 or 10 people, I don't think we would last too long. There are going to be mobs of the enemy, We need to get together so we can protect one another and come up with a battle plan. We, As leaders, Need to prepare our people for anything that may come, If the police and national guard are overwhelmed, We need to be better prepared than they were so we don't meet the same fate.

We must stand up and fight.. It’s not going to get easier at all.. In fact it’s only getting worse. Our future depends on what we do right now.. If the Nat Guard is mobilizing in ATL we need to be too. We must fill the gap.. Our police here in Mobile Alabama need help if this pops off here..

2 minutes ago, Ghost-CoVDC said:

I whole-heartedly agree with everything you have said, But there ARE people being attacked, Buildings being burned and violence running rampant.. We need to prepare, And I believe that the leaders of all the militias in one state need to get together and work out a plan so that when things get passed the tipping point, We can coordinate with each other so we can all get together and actually fight. If we are just a bunch of small cells with 5 or 10 people, I don't think we would last too long. There are going to be mobs of the enemy, We need to get together so we can protect one another and come up with a battle plan. We, As leaders, Need to prepare our people for anything that may come, If the police and national guard are overwhelmed, We need to be better prepared than they were so we don't meet the same fate.

At the location of the conflagration, I agree. But this must be a coordinated effort not only within the various state militia units that may respond, but also with the law enforcement agencies that are the front-guard units. Cooperation of this kind is not our strong suit, and trust is not easily established because of a long history of mismanaged relations. The emphasis in these actions needs to be one of letting law enforcement professionals do their jobs, while making sure they understand that we have their six.

What we CANNOT do is be drawn into situations into which we do not belong, are not welcome, and would only serve to undermine our ultimate mission, which is to support the defenders of the nation against the rising tide of lawlessness. This means we stay to our lanes--guard our own neighborhoods, counties and (if sensible) our own states. From a legal perspective this is really all we can do anyway, but it isn't just legal--it's sensible.

Coordination between various state units is critical, comms is key to that, and that's another area where we often fall too short. That's a actionable starting point for established units who want to "join the fight", so to speak, but aren't in a situation where that means responding to a threat as a force.

Beyond that, it's difficult to battle-plan for a battle we know nothing about, and we don't have the intelligence structure in place to legitimately ascertain that. Likewise we don't have the boots-on-the-ground experience to carry activities greater in scope than, say, a fire team might accomplish. In the interim between now and when the battle reaches your zone, it would be wise to implement within your group a program for addressing that shortfall. This is where experienced military planners and officers can and should be playing a vital role.

A few of us are working on creating a way that they can.

10 minutes ago, Sigma Tactical said:

We must stand up and fight.. It’s not going to get easier at all.. In fact it’s only getting worse. Our future depends on what we do right now.. If the Nat Guard is mobilizing in ATL we need to be too. We must fill the gap.. Our police here in Mobile Alabama need help if this pops off here..

Start by coordinating amongst the comms people within the various units directly in the Mobile area. Don't go off half-cocked; try to get some actionable intelligence so you have something resembling an assessment of the true threat. Then--and this is difficult but critically important--coordinate with the LEO and military already on-scene. We are their BACKUP; we have their six. We aren't them.

Understand the role, then play it to perfection. That's the only way we can be effective, be trusted, and stay out of the trouble the Left wants us so desperately to get ourselves into. Everyone wants to join the fight; I get that. But we're the reserves. Be there, be ready, but be smart.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ROFCB Commander said:

At the location of the conflagration, I agree. But this must be a coordinated effort not only within the various state militia units that may respond, but also with the law enforcement agencies that are the front-guard units. Cooperation of this kind is not our strong suit, and trust is not easily established because of a long history of mismanaged relations. The emphasis in these actions needs to be one of letting law enforcement professionals do their jobs, while making sure they understand that we have their six.

What we CANNOT do is be drawn into situations into which we do not belong, are not welcome, and would only serve to undermine our ultimate mission, which is to support the defenders of the nation against the rising tide of lawlessness. This means we stay to our lanes--guard our own neighborhoods, counties and (if sensible) our own states. From a legal perspective this is really all we can do anyway, but it isn't just legal--it's sensible.

Coordination between various state units is critical, comms is key to that, and that's another area where we often fall too short. That's a actionable starting point for established units who want to "join the fight", so to speak, but aren't in a situation where that means responding to a threat as a force.

Beyond that, it's difficult to battle-plan for a battle we know nothing about, and we don't have the intelligence structure in place to legitimately ascertain that. Likewise we don't have the boots-on-the-ground experience to carry activities greater in scope than, say, a fire team might accomplish. In the interim between now and when the battle reaches your zone, it would be wise to implement within your group a program for addressing that shortfall. This is where experienced military planners and officers can and should be playing a vital role.

A few of us are working on creating a way that they can.

I agree. I have told my members to talk to their local law enforcement to see about aiding them in the event that they need it. I'm not saying we should be the first line of defense or go charging in guns blazing. We need to coordinate with the others in our state if things get bad enough that it ends up being a civil war, As things look to be heading in that direction, So that we are able to be properly prepared. We need to properly train our members the best we can, And having military veteran members will help with that. A few of my members are veterans, And I know that will help with training and coordinating our group. I agree that we are not the first line of defense, But I think it would be extremely beneficial that we trained as if we were. If called upon, We can not be running around without proper training or discipline, That could lead to many deaths on our end, And that is something that we can NOT tolerate. As I tell all my potential members, We are a serious group, If you want to run around in tacti-cool gear and play soldier all the time, Than my group is not for you. When out and about or attending rallies etc., We are to wear regular clothing, Not be dressed up like we are going to war. Training with that gear on is fine, That way you get used to it so when the time comes you are prepared and know your layout, But out in the general public is not the place for that, It makes the general public feel scared or uncomfortable to see someone who is running around in body armor with an AR-15 with 20 mags strapped to their chest. I believe in helping the general public to help them, And to try to bring back the good name to Militia that it once held, But due to the media, When the average person hears Militia, They think of a bunch of Neo-Nazi white supremacists running around playing soldier, Instead of what we actually are. The time is getting short, We need to prepare now, While we can. Most people wait until its too late, When there is no more food, Or no more ammo, We need to be prepared for when the mobs rise up and try to destroy what we care about. I am prepared to give my life to protect those that can not and for my country, And that needs to be the mindset of every member, For we ARE the people, We are the ones that it falls to if our first and second line of defense fall, We are Americas last hope.

Edited by Ghost-CoVDC

On 7/6/2020 at 12:01 PM, Rev.E. said:

This was my discussion this morning on the discord server with a few to young to understand. I have also had this discussion with others. Those who do not understand this position with the Militia are those who are to me Keyboard Warriors. They are here to see how much they can instigate others. Mostlythey seem to be confused becausethey truly do not understand how the Real Militia works.

The Second Amendment is naturally divided into two parts: its prefatory clause (“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State”) and its operative clause (“the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed”).

Militia and the Militia Movement

A militia is a military force composed of citizens designed to provide defense, law enforcement, and other services during a time of emergency. The primary militia in the United States is the National Guard. The National Guard, along with reserve forces and state defense forces, supplements the active-duty military. Additionally, these units serve their state governments during the response cycles to natural disasters, hurricanes, floods, tornados, forest fires, and emergency circumstances such as riots and episodes of civil unrest.

This all means we are here to assist not be the front lines. We only become the front lines when all else fails. We need to physically remain neutral until called upon or there is no other choice. This means We are our countries last line of defense against a Tyrannical Government, Or the National Guard has been destroyed.

This is why I continue to state; Do not let your passion control your common sense.

I think that Militia as you are stating isn't reality and maybe Militia isn't what most of us are thinking what we need using the definition.  I have read elsewhere that maybe the term Militia is out dated for what we need in the USA now I'm just not sure.

7 minutes ago, Alamo6 said:
On 7/6/2020 at 2:01 PM, Rev.E. said:

I think that Militia as you are stating isn't reality and maybe Militia isn't what most of us are thinking what we need using the definition.  I have read elsewhere that maybe the term Militia is out dated for what we need in the USA now I'm just not sure.

I think most people seem to be seeing the militia as infantry.  That's what SecurityGuy42 had in his video today, and generally the concept that it seems everyone has.  And that's fair.

I think right now what is needed is an entity/network/group of cells/overt group/whatever it is called (I've been thinking in terms of the overt/covert split described in the book Resistance to Tyranny) that is doing:

• Political warfare
  • Information warfare
  • Cyber warfare
  • Legal warfare
  • OSINT
  • Non-kinetic legal counter-insurgency

4th/5th gen warfare type stuff.  The communists are very organized on this and have organizations doing all of it.  They have constructed their counter-state.  They have the network of embedded politicians/pacs/superpacs/think tanks/software companies/community organizers/billionaire benefactors, etc. all working together, continuously, in sync.

As an example, what would the counter-movement to BLM be?  And the counter to Antifa?  Its become clear to me the counter-movements or counter-organization to those two organizations are or will be different from a militia.

On the Pro-America/Pro-Republic side (I hesitate to say the right or conservatives, because I am looking at this as Americans of any political bent left or right versus communists, I don't see militias as "right wing militia" I see it as American Militias) we basically have nobody doing this, organizing it or fighting in those spaces for us.  There was the Q thing filling part of that vacuum but lulling people into complacency essentially causing no organization with actionable capabilities to form.

Where I'm at now is I've come to the realization that that "overt" group isn't going to grow out of the militia movement.  Its too tall of an order and its too different from people's mindset when they think of "militia".  It should already exist as a superset of all of the think tanks, the RNC/GOP, and whatnot but they aren't doing it.  I was originally thinking it could be built as a more capable militia or a special type of militia or something, but its just not realistic.  Its also pretty late in the game to be trying to stand up.  Maybe it will emerge out of what Ali Alexander is doing on Twitter, or maybe there will be a number of separate networks/cells that emerge like that just-in-time and then find cohesion later.

4 hours ago, dragonghost said:

I think most people seem to be seeing the militia as infantry.  That's what SecurityGuy42 had in his video today, and generally the concept that it seems everyone has.  And that's fair.

I think right now what is needed is an entity/network/group of cells/overt group/whatever it is called (I've been thinking in terms of the overt/covert split described in the book Resistance to Tyranny) that is doing:

The Militia is what the militia is. Everyone has an opinion. We had a guy who wanted nothing to do with the militia, but he wanted to train with us. We have several small groups/units who train no differently then the military. Our organization has been training this way for a very long time. Every year things change and so must we. The problem comes into play when some think they have a better way of inventing the mouse trap.

It is those people who want to create something outside of "A well regulated Militia" because they do not like the military ranking system. They do not want to have anyone tell them how to do things. This is where a huge problem rears it ugly head. The lack of organization wreaks havoc. There has to be a hierarchy. There needs to be people with logical training background with experience to do there best to not just throw people in harms way.

We have learned a lot from our past wars that also help guide the way to victory. The Vietnamese would just run in blowing whistles and horns to try and distract our troops. That was there training. Grab a gun and run as fast and as far as you can while shooting everything in your way. Well they soon learned that their method was not working and they lost a lot of ground. It is then that they started to resort to Guerrilla tactics. By then it was too late.

The grey man thing is just someone else's way to try and create an army of Rambo's, for a lack of a better term. I consider myself to be a die-hard American Patriot. I have watched and studied a lot about war and military tactics, and they make much better sense then trying reinvent the wheel. It makes more sense to stick with a proven method and the numbers can never be reached in our lifetime that someone will create a better way. The only thing we can do is grow with/as technology does. incorporate modern technology and learn to use it to our advantage.

The ones that do not benefit are those we call keyboard Warriors, keyboard Police, Keyboard professionals who become over night experts in current affairs because they get sucked into someones Propaganda/opinions. That is where we fail in our mission. I totally understand everyone's passion, but we can never allow those passions to control our common sense. I hope some of what I have said makes sense. I have been doing this for many years and I have yet to hear anyone that has a better way of doing this. As it states, "We are our countries last line of defense against a Tyrannical Government". We are here to help protect those who are unable to protect themselves. We are hear to help law enforcement. Unfortunately the Liberal News Media has and always will give us a bad rap.

Militia is only a bad word if you are a Tyrant. There is strength in numbers. God Bless

Tennessee Commander

Captain of the 19th Tennessee Infantry

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dragonghost said:

• Political warfare
  • Information warfare
  • Cyber warfare
  • Legal warfare
  • OSINT
  • Non-kinetic legal counter-insurgency

4th/5th gen warfare type stuff.  The communists are very organized on this and have organizations doing all of it.  They have constructed their counter-state.  They have the network of embedded politicians/pacs/superpacs/think tanks/software companies/community organizers/billionaire benefactors, etc. all working together, continuously, in sync.

As an example, what would the counter-movement to BLM be?  And the counter to Antifa?  Its become clear to me the counter-movements or counter-organization to those two organizations are or will be different from a militia.

On the Pro-America/Pro-Republic side (I hesitate to say the right or conservatives, because I am looking at this as Americans of any political bent left or right versus communists, I don't see militias as "right wing militia" I see it as American Militias) we basically have nobody doing this, organizing it or fighting in those spaces for us.  There was the Q thing filling part of that vacuum but lulling people into complacency essentially causing no organization with actionable capabilities to form.

Where I'm at now is I've come to the realization that that "overt" group isn't going to grow out of the militia movement.  Its too tall of an order and its too different from people's mindset when they think of "militia".  It should already exist as a superset of all of the think tanks, the RNC/GOP, and whatnot but they aren't doing it.  I was originally thinking it could be built as a more capable militia or a special type of militia or something, but its just not realistic.  Its also pretty late in the game to be trying to stand up.  Maybe it will emerge out of what Ali Alexander is doing on Twitter, or maybe there will be a number of separate networks/cells that emerge like that just-in-time and then find cohesion later.

I think this is more on point and something that can be worked on. Local home grown less "Military" more down home. What that looks like I'm not sure. does it need structure and organization yes. I know that John Q Public thinks that a Militia is a group of Doomsday, I want a war, I hate all government, I couldn't get in the military but want to be super special ops ect.... Where I think we need to be more the "Super Neighborhood Watch" which has other challenges. Many good points on this thread and we all see the struggle which is why we are here.

I want to be clear it all so shouldn't be an unorganized mess either

Edited by Alamo6
update on info

So what is the "ideal" mission for a militia?

I touched on the issue on this thread: https://www.mymilitia.com/forums/topic/68772-militia-lack-of-focus-and-mission/

Should militias defend local business during a riot?

Should militias protect cattle being seized by feds over a land dispute (The Bundy Ranch incident)

Should militias execute propaganda/psyops campaigns, or should that be performed by a separate but related organization?

In short... it is hard to plan and organize since there is no focus and mission... if we can narrow the scope of activity, planning will naturally follow.