GLCsector3295

Types of Fire Arm Shooting ranges

I am looking for a technical name,  if there is one.  An not sure exactly how to phrase it, but bow hunters sometimes have ranges they can walk and shoot.

Is there a similar or equivalent kind of firing range for gun owners in the states ? What would it be called ? Or rather what would I search for on the internet in my local area.

I just realized the only shooting ranges I know of in my area are for regular lane shooting. Which is great. But I realized what it is teaching , is how to only shoot in a fixed spot.   Now I know some competition shooters have some kind of moving from station to station kind of practice, and if that is all there is I suppose that is better than nothing. But I am more interested if there is the civilian equivalent to that kind of military fire arms training in a shoot and move manner.

Look for 3gun ranges and there is are places in Las Vegas but they cost money for the courses (Front Sight Firearms Training Institute). Depending on where you live you might be able to build your own shoot and move set up. I will say it always comes down to basics of proper firing. Shooting a moving target and if you are moving will that requires a lot of work and understanding exterior ballistics. Don't know if this helps at all.

https://www.nssf.org/how-to-get-started-in-3-gun/

https://www.gunsite.com/classes/defensive-3-gun-class/

18 hours ago, GLCsector3295 said:

I am looking for a technical name,  if there is one.  An not sure exactly how to phrase it, but bow hunters sometimes have ranges they can walk and shoot.

Is there a similar or equivalent kind of firing range for gun owners in the states ? What would it be called ? Or rather what would I search for on the internet in my local area.

I just realized the only shooting ranges I know of in my area are for regular lane shooting. Which is great. But I realized what it is teaching , is how to only shoot in a fixed spot.   Now I know some competition shooters have some kind of moving from station to station kind of practice, and if that is all there is I suppose that is better than nothing. But I am more interested if there is the civilian equivalent to that kind of military fire arms training in a shoot and move manner.

Look for out door ranges, especially ones that have IDPA, USPSA, or other similar matches.  Luckily the range I belong to allows shooting and moving.  

Usually listed as "tactical" ranges.  Sometimes regular ranges are reconfigured as a tactical when supervised.   There is a lot of liability in tac ranges so often you need to be a club member etc.. to show proficiency and that you can use the range safely.