I was thinking a minute ago... and a lot of our history is being destroyed or changed as we, the society, progress forward in time. 

I have, in my lifetime alone, seen the banning of the book Of Mice and Men from high schools, Lord of the Flies and other classic texts.

But what happens when that isn't enough for our adversaries? What happens when they have taken, inch by inch, until the only thing left is to burn all remaining copies?

Farenheit 151 was an amazing book and frankly I draw similarities between it and the now. It has also been banned from high schools... and I read it in elementary. 

With these thoughts in mind I do suggest in the future that we find a way to collect at least two hard copies of every book in every language and assemble them into a private library so that the knowledge, culture and artwork may remain untouched.

This would require a LOT of militias working together on a scale unprecedented. One we likely haven't seen since the Revolution. And it would require militia leaders and members alike.

Preserving our history so that we may learn from it is paramount to our survival and way of life. This library, at least in theory, could also serve as a way for other militia group leaders to come, learn from a manual, get instructions from the local trainers and provide a safe area for militia leaders to meet on a national scale for training and for discussion. 

I am WELL aware it would be an expensive endeavor and that not many militia men and women are willing to contribute. But I at least have to ask. A closed mouth will never be fed after all.

1 minute ago, Rascaldees said:

I was thinking a minute ago... and a lot of our history is being destroyed or changed as we, the society, progress forward in time. 

I have, in my lifetime alone, seen the banning of the book Of Mice and Men from high schools, Lord of the Flies and other classic texts.

But what happens when that isn't enough for our adversaries? What happens when they have taken, inch by inch, until the only thing left is to burn all remaining copies?

Farenheit 151 was an amazing book and frankly I draw similarities between it and the now. It has also been banned from high schools... and I read it in elementary. 

With these thoughts in mind I do suggest in the future that we find a way to collect at least two hard copies of every book in every language and assemble them into a private library so that the knowledge, culture and artwork may remain untouched.

This would require a LOT of militias working together on a scale unprecedented. One we likely haven't seen since the Revolution. And it would require militia leaders and members alike.

Preserving our history so that we may learn from it is paramount to our survival and way of life. This library, at least in theory, could also serve as a way for other militia group leaders to come, learn from a manual, get instructions from the local trainers and provide a safe area for militia leaders to meet on a national scale for training and for discussion. 

I am WELL aware it would be an expensive endeavor and that not many militia men and women are willing to contribute. But I at least have to ask. A closed mouth will never be fed after all.

Napoleon Bonaparte used to travel into battle with his own extensive library. As a military genius, he knew the value of the printed word.

As a student of history, I do appreciate the lessons to be learned from it. A militia library is an excellent idea. Start with one book today.

In the next post is an example of a history lesson that is invaluable today.

This is why history and books matter. Posted this Sunday....................................................................................................................

As a patriot I detest what Lenin and Trotsky did to the Russian people, mass starvation and 70 years of communist tyranny, so I decided to read History of the Russian Revolution by Leon Trotsky. The exact same plan is being used today by Antifa/BLM and the Democrats. Here is one example I have analyzed ................................................................................................................................................................................... 

Volume 3: Chapter 46 'The Triumph of the Soviets'
'The attacking side is almost always interested in seeming on the defensive. A revolutionary party is interested in legal coverings. ' Leon Trotsky
Now I get it. Now I understand why Antifa/BLM and the Democrats always seem to be on the defensive. I have watched way too many videos where these thugs attack , but when patriots or 'deplorables' defend themselves then we are accused of attacking them. It is straight from Trotsky's playbook. Or as it says in Ecclesiastes " There is nothing new under the sun." By being on the defensive the America hating traitors have the law cover their outrages.  For example, the St Louis attorney and his wife who recently defended not only their house ( communists term it a mansion) but their very lives with legally purchased firearms  to protect themselves from Antifa/BLM. The trespassing BLM intimidated the couple and threatened to murder them for the crimes of being white and being wealthy. What is clearly self defense( by the ambulance chasing attorney who gave more money to the Democrats than Republicans) is now being prosecuted by a black Democrat St Louis State's attorney. This is 1-2-3 from the Trotsky's quote above. Now what is to be done? 1) Publicize this far and wide to the American patriot community. When we encounter Antifa/BLM.(especially in a blue state/city), as patriots we must count on unequal treatment under the law and act accordingly. Not fair..but time to deal with reality. 2) Use these types of incidents to raise votes for Republicans who will preferably restore some semblance of equality under the law or at least not actively legally persecute American constitutional patriots 3) Recruit constitutional respecting attorneys into the patriots movement to challenge these blatant discriminatory acts under common law and the the US constitution. Let this nasty practice backfire on the enemies of America. In Genesis, what was meant for evil for Joseph was turned to good by the Lord Jesus. 

Author of the topic Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Constitutional Patriot said:

Napoleon Bonaparte used to travel into battle with his own extensive library. As a military genius, he knew the value of the printed word.

As a student of history, I do appreciate the lessons to be learned from it. A militia library is an excellent idea. Start with one book today.

In the next post is an example of a history lesson that is invaluable today.

We will need to build a facility is my point. All militia would have to contribute. 

Personally I think it shouldn't be just a building either. I'm talking some extreme security measures that would make it hard for even the U.S. government to break into it.

Edited by Rascaldees
Spelling

The existence of digital media mean that it will be impossible for a future Leftist government to suppress the classics. 

How about this for an idea:  of course we need a list of books that should be the core of a classical education.  But what we really need is a list of books directly

relevant to the militia movement.

The former exists in a hundred different variants already -- see ED Hirsch's writings on 'Cultural Literacy', or the late Harold Bloom on 'the Western Canon'. 

But where is a list of relevant military books?  If we could start such a list,  maybe in a dedicated thread, then people who had, or who knew how to get, digital editions of  this or that title,

could send copies to some central co-ordinators -- ideally more than one -- and they could make copies. Books which are mainly text don't take up much disc space; compress

them, and they take up even less.  Of course, those books which were out of copyright could be posted on line.

If you want a good, free computer library, I can recommend: Calibre. Get it from here:https://calibre-ebook.com

A description:  

Calibre is an e-book library manager. It can view, convert and catalog e-books in most of the major e-book formats. It can also talk to a few e-book reader devices. It can go out to the internet and fetch metadata for your books.

I've got Calibre and I've got a 'military' section on it, which I can put up on Google docs for others to download. It will take me a couple of weeks to clean it up and add some books to it (I haven't used it for the last few months due to other things). PM me if you want a copy when I get it done.

Author of the topic Posted
6 hours ago, WinterPatriot said:

The existence of digital media mean that it will be impossible for a future Leftist government to suppress the classics. 

Not to be an ass but this isn't true. North Koreans have access to the internet but it is heavily censored. It wouldn't be difficult for lefties to do the same. The information still exists but they cannot view it.

That said your ideas are good ones. And while I see the logic in creating tactical manuals for militias I think that would be a militia by militia basis rather than a collaborative library work.

Unless you mean more like a manual at arms for militia that is distributed nationally?

On 7/7/2020 at 5:35 PM, Rascaldees said:

Visit your local thrift stores, it's amazing what donated from a passed on relatives books can be found there for a couple of nickles to a buck each.

C'mon.  If there is a North Korea style regime in the US, there absolutely will not be a secret library of hardcopy books buried in a mountain that

the authorities don't know about, but which millions of patriots do.

What we need NOW is a good collection of the key things that a militia group needs to know, in  digital format. There are several sites with collections

of military Field Manuals, but we need to summarize the key ideas in them, as they might apply to the American situation. (A simple example: a militia

unit will not be calling in an airstrike, but it ought to have a few members who know how to deal with a sucking chest wound. You don't mainly learn that

sort of thing from a book, but it's a place to start.)

4 minutes ago, WinterPatriot said:

C'mon.  If there is a North Korea style regime in the US, there absolutely will not be a secret library of hardcopy books buried in a mountain that

the authorities don't know about, but which millions of patriots do.

What we need NOW is a good collection of the key things that a militia group needs to know, in  digital format. There are several sites with collections

of military Field Manuals, but we need to summarize the key ideas in them, as they might apply to the American situation. (A simple example: a militia

unit will not be calling in an airstrike, but it ought to have a few members who know how to deal with a sucking chest wound. You don't mainly learn that

sort of thing from a book, but it's a place to start.)

This sort of thinking is dangerous to be honest. ANYTHING digital is a security risk.

Good Afternoon Patriots. We have already been discussing the addition of a digital Library here on MyMilitia. It is currently in the planning stage and has been for a short period of time. It will be very extensive library. When we get closer to it's completion a notification will be sent out. in some form.

Tennessee Commander

Captain of the 19th Tennessee Infantry

Just now, Rev.E. said:

Good Afternoon Patriots. We have already been discussing the addition of a digital Library here on MyMilitia. It is currently in the planning stage and has been for a short period of time. It will be very extensive library. When we get closer to it's completion a notification will be sent out. in some form.

A library that ANYONE can look at if they're on the website?

1 minute ago, Rascaldees said:

No. We are working on the details. Trying to keep these files out of the wrong hands on here. There are currently 2500 plus manuals we are working with.

Tennessee Commander

Guest L65H4GZ988637

If you think it is important knowledge then back it up in 3 places. Hard drive, usb stick, etc. "If it isn't in 3 places, it doesn't exist."

39 minutes ago, Rascaldees said:

I hope so.

It won't -- I hope -- contain anything illegal, no advocacy of armed uprisings, and no names and/or home addresses of militia people ... except perhaps one or two public figures.

Look ... every militia unit probably has an FBI agent in it already -- not a real full-time employee of the FBI,  but someone who is paid a hundred dollars a month to report on any

crazy stuff.  The real danger is leftist infiltrators/provocateurs ... and they probably find the militia social milieu uncongenial.  But this discussion forum and every conservative forum probably

has a few people who are on the other side.

Another point: a good way to kill off any serious activity, is to posit an omnipotent CIA/FBI/NSA who know everything, and who can kill us all silently and instantly if Hillary gives the nod.

Life isn't like that. That's just Hollywood fantasy. We still have plenty of room to maneuver in, even if Trump loses the election.

Also: if you have sensitive material -- minutes of meetings, plans for a march or demonstration, names of friends or donors -- then you encrypt your data.

Think about it: which is more secure -- both from destruction or loss, and from unwanted readers -- something printed on paper, or something on an SD card?

13 minutes ago, WinterPatriot said:

Also: if you have sensitive material -- minutes of meetings, plans for a march or demonstration, names of friends or donors -- then you encrypt your data.

Think about it: which is more secure -- both from destruction or loss, and from unwanted readers -- something printed on paper, or something on an SD card?

An SD card is very fragile when it come to destruction. 

56 minutes ago, Rev.E. said:

No. We are working on the details. Trying to keep these files out of the wrong hands on here. There are currently 2500 plus manuals we are working with.

Then the bigger question; Who gets to decide who gets access to that information? Because information is key to any militia's goals. 

We should allow it to be public or not have it at all. 

And instead of super tacticool manuals we should preserve the culture and history that got us here today. Why? Because those that follow must know everything as we do. Otherwise our cause is doomed.

19 minutes ago, WinterPatriot said:

I hope so.

It won't -- I hope -- contain anything illegal, no advocacy of armed uprisings, and no names and/or home addresses of militia people ... except perhaps one or two public figures.

Look ... every militia unit probably has an FBI agent in it already -- not a real full-time employee of the FBI,  but someone who is paid a hundred dollars a month to report on any

crazy stuff.  The real danger is leftist infiltrators/provocateurs ... and they probably find the militia social milieu uncongenial.  But this discussion forum and every conservative forum probably

has a few people who are on the other side.

Another point: a good way to kill off any serious activity, is to posit an omnipotent CIA/FBI/NSA who know everything, and who can kill us all silently and instantly if Hillary gives the nod.

Life isn't like that. That's just Hollywood fantasy. We still have plenty of room to maneuver in, even if Trump loses the election.

In this day and age the paper copy is more secure. FAR more secure. I can control who enters my home, for example,  to read that document. I cannot control a hacking attempt; only take precautions against it.

34 minutes ago, MBR said:

An SD card is very fragile when it come to destruction. 

Well, it's a case of redundancy, redundancy, redundancy.

But we're probably only talking about a  small number of gigabytes of material at most,

if we're talking about a militia-specific library ... and that would include videos. 

And there would be thousands of copies. 

But if you're talking about confidential material -- a mailing list for example for a local

unit -- then you must make three or four copies, keep them in separate places, with one

or two inside EMP-proof Faraday cages, etc.  And encrypted and poisoned.

32 minutes ago, Rascaldees said:

In this day and age the paper copy is more secure. FAR more secure. I can control who enters my home, for example,  to read that document. I cannot control a hacking attempt; only take precautions against it.

Don't store it on a computer that's connected to the internet. Don't store it on a computer at all.

But ... what are we talking about here?  What sort of material?

Everything I have, has taken more than ten years to find on the internet. So they are already out there. Most I have paid for. So as far as being afraid of the internet that's a joke guys. If you own a cell phone it is the same thing. If you are on here typing on a computer here on MyMilitia it is the same thing. Your security is what it is. Once you cross the line it's all over. 

Big brother has been in our back pockets sense the first cell phone was sold. The digital world is what it is. I have spent 18 years in IT and security. Your TV, ALEXA, your Tablet, Cell Phone, anything with a microphone you are out on the internet. I hear so many complain about them listening. They have been for many years.

Tennessee Commander

5 minutes ago, Rev.E. said:

Everything I have, has taken more than ten years to find on the internet. So they are already out there. Most I have paid for. So as far as being afraid of the internet that's a joke guys. If you own a cell phone it is the same thing. If you are on here typing on a computer here on MyMilitia it is the same thing. Your security is what it is. Once you cross the line it's all over. 

Big brother has been in our back pockets sense the first cell phone was sold. The digital world is what it is. I have spent 18 years in IT and security. Your TV, ALEXA, your Tablet, Cell Phone, anything with a microphone you are out on the internet. I hear so many complain about them listening. They have been for many years.

I don't post anything on any website aside from asking people if they're available to meet up and even that is rare. I have no Facebook, Twitter, Reddit... nothing. 

My accounts are exactly this:

My bank

Mymilitia

My email

My footprint is so stupidly small I wouldn't doubt that most would overlook it. 

The point is, however, is that people can also manipulate text and even documents you wrote in order to crucify you in a court of law. Paper is far more secure. And while easier to get to physically, harder for the government to get to. Most criminals in the modern era are being caught because of their online interactions with the world. That is a pure fact. Inescapable one too.

47 minutes ago, WinterPatriot said:

Well, it's a case of redundancy, redundancy, redundancy.

But we're probably only talking about a  small number of gigabytes of material at most,

if we're talking about a militia-specific library ... and that would include videos. 

And there would be thousands of copies. 

But if you're talking about confidential material -- a mailing list for example for a local

unit -- then you must make three or four copies, keep them in separate places, with one

or two inside EMP-proof Faraday cages, etc.  And encrypted and poisoned.

Really, please describe how to build a EMP proof Faraday cage. 

Somehow I don't think you  understand what is required to construct a EMP proof device or structure.

I'm late to this discussion and I have only perused it. I'll throw my two cents in anyway.

Short of an EMP attack or a sudden solar anomaly of pretty serious magnitude, the ONLY LEGITIMATE ANSWER to this question is a digital library. The advantages so outweigh the risks/disadvantages that it's not worth even discussing. We can take an entire library--I'm talking a physical library--and condense it down into the size of a mozarella stick, replicate it a thousand times, and distribute it all over the planet. There is no way to prevent it from being copied and disseminated at will, short of eliminating all tech from the planet (which only that solar flare could possibly hope to do).

Someone mentioned Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451". The title of the novel is the temperature at which paper burns, and once burned it's lost forever. That's the reason hard copies are the least secure. Securing them given their bulk is a fool's errand, especially if you hope to make the information actually available to anyone.

Digital FILE security is easy. These days, digital file dissemination is also remarkably easy and secure. Even in the advent of the complete collapse of the internet, a few thousand thumb drives filled with information would keep that information safe for the multitudes forever so long as there was technology available to copy and read it (and there always will be, somewhere). And each of us could have one in our possession in minutes, once the "library" is collected and available for download.

As an aside, remarkable resources already exist on this very subject. I'm not going full black-hat now because I don't have time, but there is a long-standing book repository on the "dark web" that has already gathered some of the most meaningful texts that would apply to our cause; you just have to have the will to learn how to access it and the ability to figure out where it is.

1 minute ago, ROFCB Commander said:

I'm late to this discussion and I have only perused it. I'll throw my two cents in anyway.

Short of an EMP attack or a sudden solar anomaly of pretty serious magnitude, the ONLY LEGITIMATE ANSWER to this question is a digital library. The advantages so outweigh the risks/disadvantages that it's not worth even discussing. We can take an entire library--I'm talking a physical library--and condense it down into the size of a mozarella stick, replicate it a thousand times, and distribute it all over the planet. There is no way to prevent it from being copied and disseminated at will, short of eliminating all tech from the planet (which only that solar flare could possibly hope to do).

Someone mentioned Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451". The title of the novel is the temperature at which paper burns, and once burned it's lost forever. That's the reason hard copies are the least secure. Securing them given their bulk is a fool's errand, especially if you hope to make the information actually available to anyone.

Digital FILE security is easy. These days, digital file dissemination is also remarkably easy and secure. Even in the advent of the complete collapse of the internet, a few thousand thumb drives filled with information would keep that information safe for the multitudes forever so long as there was technology available to copy and read it (and there always will be, somewhere). And each of us could have one in our possession in minutes, once the "library" is collected and available for download.

As an aside, remarkable resources already exist on this very subject. I'm not going full black-hat now because I don't have time, but there is a long-standing book repository on the "dark web" that has already gathered some of the most meaningful texts that would apply to our cause; you just have to have the will to learn how to access it and the ability to figure out where it is.

Then in that case we should go digital and distribute the books freely across the entire globe. All of them. The government cannot track just us if the whole nation is angry.