2 minutes ago, MBR said:

Really, please describe how to build a EMP proof Faraday cage. 

Somehow I don't think you  understand what is required to construct a EMP proof device or structure.

The risk of a true EMP or solar event that could penetrate all systems has been ridiculously overstated over time, but even if it was accurate, what's not accurate is the idea that a "Faraday cage" is some wondrous device that we would have to build at Cape Canaveral.

You have a perfectly acceptable Faraday cage in your kitchen cupboard right now. Take your metal coffee can, attach a secure metal lid to it, and put your thumb drive in it; it will survive an EMP strike just fine. I can't say the same for your reader, because it's bigger and won't fit in the can--but you get the point.

At my homestead I have my important digital material secured in a can in just that way; a small can, inside a larger can, and finally placed strategically within the confines of a metal ductwork that does not open conveniently to radio waves. The Faraday cage doesn't block radio waves, it bends them. The metal of the cage causes the waves to wrap around and pass rather than penetrate. Almost any metal structure will do this. Truly, the Faraday cage is not rocket science.

I'm tired, so this probably sounds very undiplomatic. It isn't meant to. But I've studied this pretty thoroughly, and I'm confident in my words.

7 minutes ago, Rascaldees said:

Then in that case we should go digital and distribute the books freely across the entire globe. All of them. The government cannot track just us if the whole nation is angry.

That's the heart of free speech. That's in great part why I'm in this fight. The information that is meant to be public should always be public; and that which is supposed to be private is up to the person who desires it to be private to protect.

35 minutes ago, ROFCB Commander said:

The risk of a true EMP or solar event that could penetrate all systems has been ridiculously overstated over time, but even if it was accurate, what's not accurate is the idea that a "Faraday cage" is some wondrous device that we would have to build at Cape Canaveral.

You have a perfectly acceptable Faraday cage in your kitchen cupboard right now. Take your metal coffee can, attach a secure metal lid to it, and put your thumb drive in it; it will survive an EMP strike just fine. I can't say the same for your reader, because it's bigger and won't fit in the can--but you get the point.

At my homestead I have my important digital material secured in a can in just that way; a small can, inside a larger can, and finally placed strategically within the confines of a metal ductwork that does not open conveniently to radio waves. The Faraday cage doesn't block radio waves, it bends them. The metal of the cage causes the waves to wrap around and pass rather than penetrate. Almost any metal structure will do this. Truly, the Faraday cage is not rocket science.

I'm tired, so this probably sounds very undiplomatic. It isn't meant to. But I've studied this pretty thoroughly, and I'm confident in my words.

Your metal coffee can will fail to prevent EMP damage to a device stored within it.

37 minutes ago, ROFCB Commander said:

The Faraday cage doesn't block radio waves, it bends them. The metal of the cage causes the waves to wrap around and pass rather than penetrate. Almost any metal structure will do this. Truly, the Faraday cage is not rocket science.

False a Faraday cage if properly constructed will absorbed RF and pass it to earth, a unearthed metal structure or can will not do so and therefore can allow damage to whatever is stored inside of it.    

Author of the topic Posted
6 minutes ago, MBR said:

Your metal coffee can will fail to prevent EMP damage to a device stored within it.

I kept out of this one for a minute but decided to step in. 

To make a farraday cage you take a metal container and fill it with cloth, insulation, anything that doesn't conduct electricity. Afterwards you place the items to be protected in the container. 

Next put that container in a larger container and bury it underground.

The EMP travels through the exterior container, leaving the interior safe. The other container is a backup. Even a single hole compromises the integrity of the container; making it useless.

6 minutes ago, Rascaldees said:

I kept out of this one for a minute but decided to step in. 

To make a farraday cage you take a metal container and fill it with cloth, insulation, anything that doesn't conduct electricity. Afterwards you place the items to be protected in the container. 

Next put that container in a larger container and bury it underground.

The EMP travels through the exterior container, leaving the interior safe. The other container is a backup. Even a single hole compromises the integrity of the container; making it useless.

Not even close to reality, to build a Faraday cage you need to line a device with a conductive material on all sides, then that conductive material needs to be well bonded and properly grounded. Buying a metal container without connecting it to a proper ground system, such as burying it, renders it to being a just a metal can in the earth that an EMP will light up and the internal re-radiation of the can caused by the EMP will fry whatever is inside of it.

I have designed Faraday Cages and they are not that simple to build properly, nor are EMP protection systems.     

7 minutes ago, MBR said:

Not even close to reality, to build a Faraday cage you need to line a device with a conductive material on all sides, then that conductive material needs to be well bonded and properly grounded. Buying a metal container without connecting it to a proper ground system, such as burying it, renders it to being a just a metal can in the earth that an EMP will light up and the internal re-radiation of the can caused by the EMP will fry whatever is inside of it.

I have designed Faraday Cages and they are not that simple to build properly, nor are EMP protection systems.     

Conductive material... you mean like metal?

4 minutes ago, Rascaldees said:

Conductive material... you mean like metal?

Yes well conductive metal and a non-ferrous metal.

6 hours ago, Rascaldees said:

Iron and steel are conductive. Like metal trash cans.

They are also ferrous and therefore unsuitable for shielding against a magnetic pulse, you know the M of EMP. 

3 hours ago, MBR said:

They are also ferrous and therefore unsuitable for shielding against a magnetic pulse, you know the M of EMP. 

The whole point of the metal is to redirect the wave to go away from the magnetic pulse.

11 minutes ago, Rascaldees said:

The whole point of the metal is to redirect the wave to go away from the magnetic pulse.

That's not how to protect something from EMP damage. With an EMP you are fighting  two threats not one, and in reality there can be even more related threats caused by the primary ones.

The first one is the E field this is an electrical force which cannot be directed very well if at all, as such it must be absorbed and shunted to earth, E fields damage the junctions of solid state devices breaking down the junctions rendering the device useless. Then there's the H field which is magnetic, it causes damage by inducing rather high levels of energy into the lands of printed circuit and the hair thin wires used to connect integrated circuit chips , this induced energy vaporizes the lands and wires. The H field can be blocked by metals with a very high permeability such Mu metal. The problem with ferrous metals like steel is they can be magnetized and effectively pass a H field through them damaging a device inside the container.

Now there is a device that can block both fields and that is a properly constructed and grounded Faraday cage utilizing a non-ferrous shield, one of the most common materials used is copper sheeting or screening.       

2 minutes ago, MBR said:

That's not how to protect something from EMP damage. With an EMP you are fighting  two threats not one, and in reality there can be even more related threats caused by the primary ones.

The first one is the E field this is an electrical force which cannot be directed very well if at all, as such it must be absorbed and shunted to earth, E fields damage the junctions of solid state devices breaking down the junctions rendering the device useless. Then there's the H field which is magnetic, it causes damage by inducing rather high levels of energy into the lands of printed circuit and the hair thin wires used to connect integrated circuit chips , this induced energy vaporizes the lands and wires. The H field can be blocked by metals with a very high permeability such Mu metal. The problem with ferrous metals like steel is they can be magnetized and effectively pass a H field through them damaging a device inside the container.

Now there is a device that can block both fields and that is a properly constructed and grounded Faraday cage utilizing a non-ferrous shield, one of the most common materials used is copper sheeting or screening.       

Then share your plans for a device to protect against an EMP.

I’m down with the library. And some rich guy who loves history will pay for it to be built for us. But the major problem is we have to take all that history and combine it all in to the present time. It’s history everyone knows. We can’t use their tactics directly. If we do we will get caught up every time. New tactics will have to be produced to be able to avoid detection and loss of battle. We will have to get one step ahead of them. And right now they are two steps ahead of us. It’s time to raise hell and be noticed. The public media won’t do it. That’s why we need to take what we are doing here and talking about this shit and placing it everywhere. Y’all about it with everyone. Like I seen earlier a closed mouth is never fed. You don’t know if your neighbor or guy at the gas station support you and wants to join up in forces with you to stop this. We have to think wiser and faster. 

On 7/9/2020 at 11:45 PM, MBR said:

Really, please describe how to build a EMP proof Faraday cage. 

Somehow I don't think you  understand what is required to construct a EMP proof device or structure.

Probably not. I would have to read up on it if I wanted to do it, or, better, ask someone who knew a lot more about electronics than I do.

And it's not something I can spend my time on now, as I think it's very improbable. Or rather, if there is one, we won't be worrying about fighting the communists.

And, I'll just say this .... Yours is bigger than mine. Happy?  [People who want to build a militia group, please note: here is a good way to drive new people away. Put them

down, show how terribly smart and  clever and superior you are. You can then be a Supreme Regimental Commander, complete with epaullettes in a group of three people.]

On 7/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, MBR said:

Visit your local thrift stores, it's amazing what donated from a passed on relatives books can be found there for a couple of nickles to a buck each.

Whenever I travel, I always stop at local thrift stores, and look for books that I can pass on: The Killer Angels, Last of the Wine, Bomber ... you don't find so many non-fiction books, but occasionally there's a gem -- or even a hoard of gems -- which I assume is the legacy of a patriot who has passed on.

On 7/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, Rascaldees said:

I notice your friend hasn't posted again :)     and no it does not need to be grounded hes wrong but I won't argue with him on how I know LOL

On 7/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, Rascaldees said:

Had you read my posts i already have, but if want something in particular then give me the size and purpose and I will come up with something.  

On 7/9/2020 at 5:02 PM, WinterPatriot said:

I hope so.

It won't -- I hope -- contain anything illegal, no advocacy of armed uprisings, and no names and/or home addresses of militia people ... except perhaps one or two public figures.

Look ... every militia unit probably has an FBI agent in it already -- not a real full-time employee of the FBI,  but someone who is paid a hundred dollars a month to report on any

crazy stuff.  The real danger is leftist infiltrators/provocateurs ... and they probably find the militia social milieu uncongenial.  But this discussion forum and every conservative forum probably

has a few people who are on the other side.

Another point: a good way to kill off any serious activity, is to posit an omnipotent CIA/FBI/NSA who know everything, and who can kill us all silently and instantly if Hillary gives the nod.

Life isn't like that. That's just Hollywood fantasy. We still have plenty of room to maneuver in, even if Trump loses the election.

Also: if you have sensitive material -- minutes of meetings, plans for a march or demonstration, names of friends or donors -- then you encrypt your data.

Think about it: which is more secure -- both from destruction or loss, and from unwanted readers -- something printed on paper, or something on an SD card?

I for one welcome FBI they have good training and could teach us some things. We aren't doing anything illegal so I say the more the merrier. Also I almost spit out my sweet tea when you said sensitive material like demonstrations and such LOL. Most of the militias ive seen post the demonstrations on Facebook for goodness sake LOL. Um yeah thats real secure and sensitive LOL. Sorry just had to pop in here it made me laugh.  One last comment no advocacy of armed uprising,......well many of the military manuals are on guerrilla warfare or counter sniping so I guess those shouldn't be allowed in the digital library then. :)

But seriously back to the original post about a militia library. There is no reason why it cant be online. Yes an emp could happen and if it does you will have more to worry about than some files on a usb stick. Print them out or buy the book if it worries you.

There is no way to secure who sees this. Period. If its online anyone can see it. We aren't posting top secret documents here people. Even if we were top secret documents get hacked and stolen online ALL THE TIME.

Honestly Google Drive is good enough. with a backup at my militias home office on a hard drive. And no its not secure and its evil google and more than likely if you google that file its somewhere else on the web anyway. This is not a security risk. You aren't hiding the files from the government LOL. 

But if no one does it then there won't be any files to share with anyone and thats what you have now. Better to act and have a repository than do nothing.

Just a couple of points in reply to @ReconPrepper, with whom I agree on almost everything else: "One last comment no advocacy of armed uprising,......well many of the military manuals are on guerrilla warfare or counter sniping so I guess those shouldn't be allowed in the digital library then".  Of course any comprehensive library on military matters will have books and articles on guerilla warfare, counter-sniping, mounting an amphibious invasion, assassination ... but reading about these things is not advocating them.   I can study D-Day, without advocating this way of visting France.

And you can easily justify actually doing more than reading about, but actually getting practice in, various military tactics, so long as you don't claim that you're planning on overthrowing a democratically-elected government.  Rather, you're preparing for the possibility that someone else will try to overthrow a democratically-elected government, and you'll be ready to defend it.  We can see this happening before our eyes at this very moment.  (Leave aside that guerilla warfare in the US is just fantasy, even more than it was in almost all of the many Latin American countries where it was tried, and where the guerillas ended up in wooden boxes.)

The reality is, among the white-supremacist fascist pseudo-Right, a persistent fantasy is that if some of them go out and kill someone, or blow something up, this will somehow spark an uprising of righteous patriots keen to overthrow 'ZOG'. 'Accelerationism', I think it's called.   So, over the last forty years or so, we've seen terrorist violence periodically emerge from this fever swamp.  These people, in addition to being evil, are also stupid: they can't distinguish between the crazy ideas of their own little groups, and the ideas of the huge majority of the American people.  In a lesser way, this fallacious belief is found among lots of people outside of the neo-Nazi groups, on both right and left: because everyone they associate with agrees with them, more or less, they assume that everyone else agrees with them.

Anyhow, the upshot of all this is: it's very important that the militia movement always affirm, in words and on paper, that its purpose is the defense of legitimate elected democratic government ... of the Republic   and of the conditions that a healthy Republic is supposed to establish -- the rule of law, social order, public safety.  (And which we have seen the Democrats unable or unwilling to defend, as their pals in AntiFa and BLM torch buildings and loot shops and even kill people, proving the necessity for a well-regulated militia to defend security of a free state.) 

Of course, there will be people, some of them genuine bone-heads, some of them working for various Enemies, domestic and foreign, who will try to provioke armed conflict between the militia and the state  now, or to get militia members to endorse sedition.  They pop up here several times a month. They're the Inside Enemy. The internet has made this form of warfare possible and we have to adapt to it.

15 minutes ago, WinterPatriot said:

Just a couple of points in reply to @ReconPrepper, with whom I agree on almost everything else: "One last comment no advocacy of armed uprising,......well many of the military manuals are on guerrilla warfare or counter sniping so I guess those shouldn't be allowed in the digital library then".  Of course any comprehensive library on military matters will have books and articles on guerilla warfare, counter-sniping, mounting an amphibious invasion, assassination ... but reading about these things is not advocating them.   I can study D-Day, without advocating this way of visting France.

And you can easily justify actually doing more than reading about, but actually getting practice in, various military tactics, so long as you don't claim that you're planning on overthrowing a democratically-elected government.  Rather, you're preparing for the possibility that someone else will try to overthrow a democratically-elected government, and you'll be ready to defend it.  We can see this happening before our eyes at this very moment.  (Leave aside that guerilla warfare in the US is just fantasy, even more than it was in almost all of the many Latin American countries where it was tried, and where the guerillas ended up in wooden boxes.)

The reality is, among the white-supremacist fascist pseudo-Right, a persistent fantasy is that if some of them go out and kill someone, or blow something up, this will somehow spark an uprising of righteous patriots keen to overthrow 'ZOG'. 'Accelerationism', I think it's called.   So, over the last forty years or so, we've seen terrorist violence periodically emerge from this fever swamp.  These people, in addition to being evil, are also stupid: they can't distinguish between the crazy ideas of their own little groups, and the ideas of the huge majority of the American people.  In a lesser way, this fallacious belief is found among lots of people outside of the neo-Nazi groups, on both right and left: because everyone they associate with agrees with them, more or less, they assume that everyone else agrees with them.

Anyhow, the upshot of all this is: it's very important that the militia movement always affirm, in words and on paper, that its purpose is the defense of legitimate elected democratic government ... of the Republic   and of the conditions that a healthy Republic is supposed to establish -- the rule of law, social order, public safety.  (And which we have seen the Democrats unable or unwilling to defend, as their pals in AntiFa and BLM torch buildings and loot shops and even kill people, proving the necessity for a well-regulated militia to defend security of a free state.) 

Of course, there will be people, some of them genuine bone-heads, some of them working for various Enemies, domestic and foreign, who will try to provioke armed conflict between the militia and the state  now, or to get militia members to endorse sedition.  They pop up here several times a month. They're the Inside Enemy. The internet has made this form of warfare possible and we have to adapt to it.

Always assume you have been infiltrated, simply because most organizations of any meaning will be, it cannot be prevented by any form of vetting, so it must be worked around as needed and worked with as needed. 

a militia can find everything it need on the internet and even purchase military manuals, ie, Infantry Tactics, Infantry Training, Radio/Comms Training and code books, booby traps, intel training and infiltration tactics.  

It's there.

Also we are recruiting in the Victoria/Corpus Christi, Texas area.  Find 8th Texas Regiment, 1st Division or find Texas Trucker on this site.

Airborne!