Posted (edited)

Question--what has two thousand legs, appears out of nowhere, does something utterly pointless, and then disappears just as quickly?

The answer is "a flash mob". They were all the rage a couple of years ago before burning buildings and toppling statues became "a thing". They were harmless, but anyone looking at it at the time with even the slightest jaundice of the eye could see the potential for something menacing.

We're seeing the direct threat of the thing now.

Keep that in mind as you're reading.

----------

I regularly see posts in this and other forums about the "keyboard warrior". The folks posting universally seem to disparage this "digital soldier" because, unlike them, this person has never gotten mud on their boots, blood in their socks, or gunpowder burns on their off-hand. We malign them, because they aren't fighters.

But they're the ones kicking our asses right now, boys. I mean that absolutely. The Left-wing has us head-and-shoulders over a barrel in terms of general tech, comms, network, cell activation, recruiting, intelligence gathering, misinformation, disinformation, psy-ops...should I stop?

That little green-haired transgender soy-boy is kicking YOUR ass, and you don't even know it. Worse than that, you (and I, and most all of us) are sitting smugly right now knowing full well we could give them the spanking of a lifetime and there's not a damned thing they could do about it--and we're STILL losing to them every second of the day.

That's not going to change until we do. The "new" battlefield is the digital realm, and the proficiency they have there has and is having devastating effects on the OLD battlefield. Wait until actual battle lines are drawn and guns are out--you'll see what I mean...but not if I can help it.

I'm not going to drag this post out. The point of it isn't to get the argument started, piss on anyone's shoes, or make you feel suddenly inferior to Wisp the gender studies undergrad. The point is to get you thinking about how you think and how you talk about the enemy. Sun Tzu admonishes us to know our enemy, and never underestimate him (or her). We barely even give these kids a thought that isn't an underestimation on it's face.

----------

There's more.

I'm a "keyboard warrior". I've never been in the military, never been in battle, haven't been in a fistfight in almost twenty years, eat too much, sit too much, and bitch too much. I can shoot with the best of them and have my collection of firearms and ammo crates, but most of the time I sit behind a screen and run my mouth. Do you know what else I do? I motivate people. I bring people around to my cause, my way of thinking. I talk to politicians, businessmen, the movers and shakers of society when the time is right for it. I talk to you. I'm not going to let my arrogance show and say I believe I'm effective, but you can decide that for yourself right now. I'm a "keyboard warrior" for our side. Their side has them by the bazillions, and they're effective, too.

Why is this important to you? Because again, what they do has monumental effects--in the community, in the financial world (that we have to depend on eventually whether we want to or not), and when the time comes for it, on the battlefield. I'm not a green-haired goddess named Greg, but Greg is talking to your kids right now on Xbox and you don't even know it. He's teaching them how awful America is, how terrible the flag is, and why they should be sneaking out tonight to join the "protest" on market street at nine o'clock. He's effective, and he's the enemy you can't easily see or root out, let alone shoot at. GREG IS THE NEW ENEMY...and we're not prepared to fight him. He's kicking our asses, and he's going to keep kicking our asses until we recognize that we can't fight fire with bullets.

----------

What I'm asking you to do, especially if you're a unit leader, is to look closely at how you see your preparation for the battle ahead. If you're sitting confidently with your fireteam, AR15 on your chest and Baofeng on your hip, and you believe you can deal some serious hurt when the shit comes knocking in your neighborhood, please take a moment and consider Greg. Because you've underestimated him, didn't account for him, didn't find some way to counter him, that could be YOUR kid you've lined up in the sites. And even if it isn't (I pray not), Greg can utilize his advanced tech and comms knowledge to direct the battle without even being in the theater of operations. Even if he has no tactical training, if he can see your flank weakness and call it in before you can even recognize it yourself, your team is toast. That's why you need to not only stop thinking of the keyboard warrior as inferior, but also start finding your own crew of capable keyboard warriors so they can create problems for the other guy.

----------

Last one. Old lady Hubbard down the street has a cellar full of guns and ammo her husband collected over the years before he died (rest his soul). She's got fifty acres of land that went to seed years ago, surrounded by woods and not a neighbor for miles. And she's hated that Biden fella for about as long as she can remember. She's heartbroken by what she's seeing on TV, thinks about those guns and that ammo, wonders what could be done with it to get it out of her hair and maybe help someone. And all that land, perfect for training.

You've never met old lady Hubbard, don't know anything about her, don't know where she lives.

She doesn't do much with that new-fangled technology, just gets an email every now and then from her sweet grandson...

...the fifteen year old who plays too much Xbox but was otherwise raised right and loves his country.

You see where I'm going with this, right?

----------

Edited by ROFCB Commander

The new modern US battlefield isn't just digital, it's meatspace community out reach,  education, and d even though we despise it political activism.  But the most important aspect of the battlefield is information dominance, including intelligence, propaganda, education, etc. The keyboard warriors have been pretty effective as 4 chan has demonstrated by creating an organic movement out of a meme (the entire Boogaloo thing). People overlook or ot scoff at the concept of "hearts and minds" but it is a reality. If you don't have the support of the populace at large it's a helluva lot harder fight. A good example is the Tupamaros. They failed for exactly that reason.

What I see as the greatest individual deficiency right now is lack of fitness and endurance. I can take 4 guys with zero knowledge and given a week of long days get them up to a reasonably competent level in the basic areas and have them working as an effective team, but I'm not going to be able to take them from the couch to being able to move 1 mile in 15 minutes fully loaded and be able to fight right away in that week. Fitness and endurance takes time to build.  

There is open information and articles of the Commies admitting that their entire purpose for their own organization in their given area is to normalize flash mobs. I understand how they are done and they are entirely on purpose. That tactic specifically leads to the actual shooting when they stage firearms that the mob descends on. That part will be sooner rather than later and we've already seen hints of it in Washington State and DC...

Posted (edited)

Country folks are poor and need to be financed maybe with a bonus to join or definitely free ammo , so what I'm saying is basically they're going to be paid mercenaries for us, sense financially they can't afford to join or even train

Edited by Saiga308snipe

10 minutes ago, Skillet said:

The new modern US battlefield isn't just digital, it's meatspace community out reach,  education, and d even though we despise it political activism.  But the most important aspect of the battlefield is information dominance, including intelligence, propaganda, education, etc. The keyboard warriors have been pretty effective as 4 chan has demonstrated by creating an organic movement out of a meme (the entire Boogaloo thing). People overlook or ot scoff at the concept of "hearts and minds" but it is a reality. If you don't have the support of the populace at large it's a helluva lot harder fight. A good example is the Tupamaros. They failed for exactly that reason.

What I see as the greatest individual deficiency right now is lack of fitness and endurance. I can take 4 guys with zero knowledge and given a week of long days get them up to a reasonably competent level in the basic areas and have them working as an effective team, but I'm not going to be able to take them from the couch to being able to move 1 mile in 15 minutes fully loaded and be able to fight right away in that week. Fitness and endurance takes time to build.  

At least 3 months to build up the endurance needed function as a seasoned troop. 

2 minutes ago, Nail Driver said:

At least 3 months to build up the endurance needed function as a seasoned troop. 

I've said it for years: Physically tough people are harder to kill. PT is an individual effort, although having a group to do it in is a huge plus when it comes to motivation and setting goals.

Posted (edited)

Vans can be rented at a rental center  for day and driven by the older militia members here in this forum to training and pickup and drop off the older members can be reimbursed to a fund For rental cost

Edited by Saiga308snipe

Vans or buses could pick up folks to do physical training and combat drills and all of that.  They can also take those folks for classroom time where they are being taught cyber warfare, social media warfare, information warfare, meme warfare, using XBox and video game chat to seed and drive memes and counter narrative to reach those kids mentioned in the OP, etc.  They can also get together and make posters and pamphlets and stickers.  All kinds of possibilities.

22 minutes ago, Skillet said:

I've said it for years: Physically tough people are harder to kill. PT is an individual effort, although having a group to do it in is a huge plus when it comes to motivation and setting goals.

I know an ole army grunt who went back to construction after 3 years active duty, 84-87. After 9/11 he felt compelled to try and help out, so he joined the army reserves at age 40. He was tough as nails and whipped himself into top shape. He obtained the rank of E-5 and his unit sent him to Drill Sergeant school. He completed the course and went on to train privates at Ft. Jackson with his reserve unit. If he could self motivate to get into shape, anyone can. That grunt was me.

14 minutes ago, dragonghost said:

Vans or buses could pick up folks to do physical training and combat drills and all of that.  They can also take those folks for classroom time where they are being taught cyber warfare, social media warfare, information warfare, meme warfare, using XBox and video game chat to seed and drive memes and counter narrative to reach those kids mentioned in the OP, etc.  They can also get together and make posters and pamphlets and stickers.  All kinds of possibilities.

The women here could also make themselves useful making the pamphlets or signs

8 minutes ago, Saiga308snipe said:

The women here could also make themselves useful making the pamphlets or signs

Some people are to embarrassed to exercise in front of other people. Get up early 4am. start slow. Pick a few stretches and exercises and stick with it . Alternate cardio one day and muscle endurance the next. Depending on your age and physical shape your running needs to be cautious at first to avoid demoralizing injury. By daylight you'll be done. Two weeks later you'll notice the difference. Increase  intensity as you see fit. Set certain goals and motivate to meet them. Once a week pick a day to carry a ruck with some weight. I know most of you prior service know this info but the ones who don't could use it to get started. Remember HYDRATE the night before.   

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nail Driver said:

I know an ole army grunt who went back to construction after 3 years active duty, 84-87. After 9/11 he felt compelled to try and help out, so he joined the army reserves at age 40. He was tough as nails and whipped himself into top shape. He obtained the rank of E-5 and his unit sent him to Drill Sergeant school. He completed the course and went on to train privates at Ft. Jackson with his reserve unit. If he could self motivate to get into shape, anyone can. That grunt was me.

Great story Nail Driver. I agree with you 100%. I’m over 50 and have been in the fire service for 30 years. I still work out at least 4 times a week because I never know when I’ll need to do a rescue, advance a hose line or vent a roof.   You have to want and make an effort to stay in shape, but none of that should discourage anyone from joining the militia.   There are so many things to do for all fitness levels. 

Thank you for your service Nail Driver.  Especially after 911.

Edited by [email protected]

15 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Great story Nail Driver. I agree with you 100%. I’m over 50 and have been in the fire service for 30 years. I still work out at least 4 times a week because I never know when I’ll need to do a rescue, advance a hose line or vent a roof.   You have to want and make an effort to stay in shape, but none of that should discourage anyone from joining the militia.   There are so many things to do for all fitness levels. 

Thank you for your service Nail Driver.  Especially after 911.

Thank you also. I hit 58 this year and despite three tears in my rotator cuff two months ago I'm still in better shape than most my age. As a carpenter I run up and down ladders and walk 12" walkboards without issues. Most people don't realize their abilities until they reach deep and convince themselves. Mind over matter. If you don't mind it don't matter.

43 minutes ago, Nail Driver said:

Thank you also. I hit 58 this year and despite three tears in my rotator cuff two months ago I'm still in better shape than most my age. As a carpenter I run up and down ladders and walk 12" walkboards without issues. Most people don't realize their abilities until they reach deep and convince themselves. Mind over matter. If you don't mind it don't matter.

When we were young that pain was fear leaving the body, mostly now it's arthritis, LOL. I feel ya, I tore one of mine a couple years back and thought it was never going to heal.

I still get 5 days a week in with 3 days of at least 20 THR minutes of cardio, of course I eat a lot more ranger candy nowadays. I think a lot of people get discourage because they make quick gains then hit a plateau. I tell them it takes time, I was stuck around 270 on the APFT for a couple of years despite everything I tried before I started getting max's.  IMHO the more years you exercise the easier it is to maintain. 

One of the guys I work with is just over 40 and was never mil, never really worked out past phsy-ed in school. I got him on one of the darebee workouts and he's amazed at how much better he feels.

24 minutes ago, Skillet said:

When we were young that pain was fear leaving the body, mostly now it's arthritis, LOL. I feel ya, I tore one of mine a couple years back and thought it was never going to heal.

I still get 5 days a week in with 3 days of at least 20 THR minutes of cardio, of course I eat a lot more ranger candy nowadays. I think a lot of people get discourage because they make quick gains then hit a plateau. I tell them it takes time, I was stuck around 270 on the APFT for a couple of years despite everything I tried before I started getting max's.  IMHO the more years you exercise the easier it is to maintain. 

One of the guys I work with is just over 40 and was never mil, never really worked out past phsy-ed in school. I got him on one of the darebee workouts and he's amazed at how much better he feels.

The best I ever did was 274. I could do 57 pushups (correctly) in one minute, and max out in the second. Could never max the run. Told a customer today when he heard me groan trying to reach up to drill a hole, that was the sound of pain leaving my body. LOL. Hurts like hell. On another note, reinforcing the need for conditioning is as important as BRM. Hard to acquire target sucking wind.

I agree with the staying in shape... I am lagging in that area BUT I am gradually  working on it. As for the comments about putting up flyers in and around towns/cities— that will be an issue for most businesses these days. NO ONE who owns/manages a business of any kind can afford to be seen as sympathetic to elements that could be deemed as racist. Example— Facebook is getting clobbered these days because the CEO will not arbitrarily censor posts and accounts that some people/groups deem racist or insensitive to minorities. Sort of a modern day book burning in my opinion— say what I like or get deleted. 

47 minutes ago, Nail Driver said:

The best I ever did was 274. I could do 57 pushups (correctly) in one minute, and max out in the second. Could never max the run. Told a customer today when he heard me groan trying to reach up to drill a hole, that was the sound of pain leaving my body. LOL. Hurts like hell. On another note, reinforcing the need for conditioning is as important as BRM. Hard to acquire target sucking wind.

Pain is weakness leaving the body. 🙂

13 hours ago, ROFCB Commander said:

Question--what has two thousand legs, appears out of nowhere, does something utterly pointless, and then disappears just as quickly?

The answer is "a flash mob". They were all the rage a couple of years ago before burning buildings and toppling statues became "a thing". They were harmless, but anyone looking at it at the time with even the slightest jaundice of the eye could see the potential for something menacing.

We're seeing the direct threat of the thing now.

Keep that in mind as you're reading.

----------

I regularly see posts in this and other forums about the "keyboard warrior". The folks posting universally seem to disparage this "digital soldier" because, unlike them, this person has never gotten mud on their boots, blood in their socks, or gunpowder burns on their off-hand. We malign them, because they aren't fighters.

But they're the ones kicking our asses right now, boys. I mean that absolutely. The Left-wing has us head-and-shoulders over a barrel in terms of general tech, comms, network, cell activation, recruiting, intelligence gathering, misinformation, disinformation, psy-ops...should I stop?

That little green-haired transgender soy-boy is kicking YOUR ass, and you don't even know it. Worse than that, you (and I, and most all of us) are sitting smugly right now knowing full well we could give them the spanking of a lifetime and there's not a damned thing they could do about it--and we're STILL losing to them every second of the day.

That's not going to change until we do. The "new" battlefield is the digital realm, and the proficiency they have there has and is having devastating effects on the OLD battlefield. Wait until actual battle lines are drawn and guns are out--you'll see what I mean...but not if I can help it.

I'm not going to drag this post out. The point of it isn't to get the argument started, piss on anyone's shoes, or make you feel suddenly inferior to Wisp the gender studies undergrad. The point is to get you thinking about how you think and how you talk about the enemy. Sun Tzu admonishes us to know our enemy, and never underestimate him (or her). We barely even give these kids a thought that isn't an underestimation on it's face.

----------

There's more.

I'm a "keyboard warrior". I've never been in the military, never been in battle, haven't been in a fistfight in almost twenty years, eat too much, sit too much, and bitch too much. I can shoot with the best of them and have my collection of firearms and ammo crates, but most of the time I sit behind a screen and run my mouth. Do you know what else I do? I motivate people. I bring people around to my cause, my way of thinking. I talk to politicians, businessmen, the movers and shakers of society when the time is right for it. I talk to you. I'm not going to let my arrogance show and say I believe I'm effective, but you can decide that for yourself right now. I'm a "keyboard warrior" for our side. Their side has them by the bazillions, and they're effective, too.

Why is this important to you? Because again, what they do has monumental effects--in the community, in the financial world (that we have to depend on eventually whether we want to or not), and when the time comes for it, on the battlefield. I'm not a green-haired goddess named Greg, but Greg is talking to your kids right now on Xbox and you don't even know it. He's teaching them how awful America is, how terrible the flag is, and why they should be sneaking out tonight to join the "protest" on market street at nine o'clock. He's effective, and he's the enemy you can't easily see or root out, let alone shoot at. GREG IS THE NEW ENEMY...and we're not prepared to fight him. He's kicking our asses, and he's going to keep kicking our asses until we recognize that we can't fight fire with bullets.

----------

What I'm asking you to do, especially if you're a unit leader, is to look closely at how you see your preparation for the battle ahead. If you're sitting confidently with your fireteam, AR15 on your chest and Baofeng on your hip, and you believe you can deal some serious hurt when the shit comes knocking in your neighborhood, please take a moment and consider Greg. Because you've underestimated him, didn't account for him, didn't find some way to counter him, that could be YOUR kid you've lined up in the sites. And even if it isn't (I pray not), Greg can utilize his advanced tech and comms knowledge to direct the battle without even being in the theater of operations. Even if he has no tactical training, if he can see your flank weakness and call it in before you can even recognize it yourself, your team is toast. That's why you need to not only stop thinking of the keyboard warrior as inferior, but also start finding your own crew of capable keyboard warriors so they can create problems for the other guy.

----------

Last one. Old lady Hubbard down the street has a cellar full of guns and ammo her husband collected over the years before he died (rest his soul). She's got fifty acres of land that went to seed years ago, surrounded by woods and not a neighbor for miles. And she's hated that Biden fella for about as long as she can remember. She's heartbroken by what she's seeing on TV, thinks about those guns and that ammo, wonders what could be done with it to get it out of her hair and maybe help someone. And all that land, perfect for training.

You've never met old lady Hubbard, don't know anything about her, don't know where she lives.

She doesn't do much with that new-fangled technology, just gets an email every now and then from her sweet grandson...

...the fifteen year old who plays too much Xbox but was otherwise raised right and loves his country.

You see where I'm going with this, right?

----------

I can't follow the point. I think.  I thought you were comparing and contrasting a grunt-mentality militia dude and a techno savvy gender fluid teen, and the latter has more capability due to tech and his ability to acquire data and communicate than the grunt? Did I get that right?

How in the heck did this thread go down the rabbit trail of PT and arthritis?  We are all nuts, do you realize that? LOL

So in your last vignette (intel faggots from DIA love that word for some reason; they need to put a vignette in every product they do), you are suggesting parenting can bring a techno savvy teen to be a new asset to the militia because of love of country being instilled in him?

That would actually be an interesting poll. How many have kids that are insane techno freaks that could be put on a task? What age and what task would it be? By state I suppose....dang I just checked: my state (NC) is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. it goes by ages set by Service secretary. But the militia is a state agency under Title 32, not federal government Title 10 or 50.

For your old timers, a vignette is replacing what was once understood to be  a "tactical scenario" or "example". DIA went on a huge hiring binge post 9/11 and they went for college kids with no military experience rather than military vets. Because diversity is strength....and stuff.

Author of the topic Posted
2 hours ago, MiguelCepeda said:

I can't follow the point. I think.  I thought you were comparing and contrasting a grunt-mentality militia dude and a techno savvy gender fluid teen, and the latter has more capability due to tech and his ability to acquire data and communicate than the grunt? Did I get that right?

How in the heck did this thread go down the rabbit trail of PT and arthritis?  We are all nuts, do you realize that? LOL

So in your last vignette (intel faggots from DIA love that word for some reason; they need to put a vignette in every product they do), you are suggesting parenting can bring a techno savvy teen to be a new asset to the militia because of love of country being instilled in him?

That would actually be an interesting poll. How many have kids that are insane techno freaks that could be put on a task? What age and what task would it be? By state I suppose....dang I just checked: my state (NC) is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. it goes by ages set by Service secretary. But the militia is a state agency under Title 32, not federal government Title 10 or 50.

For your old timers, a vignette is replacing what was once understood to be  a "tactical scenario" or "example". DIA went on a huge hiring binge post 9/11 and they went for college kids with no military experience rather than military vets. Because diversity is strength....and stuff.

Let me 'splain.

The point of this entire post is not a specific approach or doctrine; it's not a "reorganization", or re-ordering; it's re-examination and adjustment, no different than you would do if you were engaged on a battlefield--because you are.

To best visualize it from our terms, the point is to stop imagining we are on the beaches of Normandy long enough to recognize that we're fighting aliens, not Nazis. And we're losing.

Today's enemy--literally, the one we're seeing on the streets right now--does not play by the rules we play by, with the equipment we use, in the realm we are training to fight in (both physically and virtually). All of their tools are different; they recruit differently, retain differently, communicate differently, organize differently, engage differently, use entirely different battle tactics, disperse quickly, and then do it all over again somewhere else before we have even organized a response to the first event.

And they are devastatingly good at it.

Now for a moment, let me dispense with the "visuals" and write plainly. You and I see a professor in black bloc swinging a bicycle chain with a padlock at an old lady, and our immediate visceral reaction is to say "I could deal with that". And we could. We see ten guys doing that stuff, and we say "we could deal with that", and we could. Fifty? A hundred? the fact remains that for the most part, we could deal with that. Line up on the opposite side, let the fists or the bullets fly, and let's see who leaves the field victorious. We know it will be us. We could deal with that. That's who we are, and that's what we've prepared for.

The problem is that before we can put a hundred guys on that line, they can call up another hundred. Or they can change the location of the line. Or they can disperse for the night and show up in a completely different neighborhood tomorrow. We can't anticipate it, and we can't counter it. We have, in so many ways, lost before we ever locked and loaded. To make matters worse, the hundred they have on the field, and the hundred they call up from their reserves, could easily include your kid, because they are operating in a realm we have too little representation in, with impunity.

All of this is possible because we focus so much on one aspect of warfare. That was monumentally stupid millennia ago; it's downright suicidal now.

We have to shift our thinking from infantry operations to modern warfare that may include infantry elements at some point.

The point of the post is to recognize that we are underestimating them, overestimating our ability to deal with them (because we're only seeing the avenue of nose-to-nose contact), and losing badly in every way that does not involve that contact.

The even greater point is that we're doing so willingly, even smugly. We make fun of the "keyboard warrior", look down our noses at him or her because they've never cleaned an M-1 Garand or changed a flat tire on a jeep. We're their betters because we could take them in a fistfight or a firefight. But that's wrong-headed thinking, because the battlefield today isn't what we've anticipated and trained for, and if we don't adapt very soon we won't even know where the battle is taking place tomorrow at all.

To summarize the overarching point of the thing, in plain language, I'd argue this; since the beginning of the movement we've emphasized the physical combat aspect of our "mission". In many quarters that is still the primary focus, and the only element of our game that receives quality attention. For some, that's all they've ever known. We have to change that now. We have to understand that communications is more than just a radio on your belt; battlefield tactics are more than just knowing where your rifleman is in relation to you; and intel is way, way more than just reacting to someone's post on facebook. This isn't Vietnam anymore (and we weren't prepared for that kind of fight, either); this is modern warfare and by my estimation 80% of it takes place in the digital realm, by keyboard warriors, before anyone even ties a boot on.

How do we adjust?

First, we stop looking down on the "keyboard warriors" and start looking up to them. The fact is, right now they're our betters--at least in this realm. Next, we make a focused effort to find, recruit, and train our own. We infuse them with all the "weapons and training" we can possibly give them--information gathering, data-sifting, psy-ops, strength assessments, disinformation campaigns...that list is almost endless at this point. We set them loose on the digital battlefield and let them even the odds a little. Then we diversify that group to include Aunt Ginny who posts recipes to Facebook but also talks to old lady Hubbard out in the country. Old lady Hubbard has stuff we need, but doesn't know we need it. She's sympathetic to our cause. We need her every bit as much as we need for Junior to get off his tractor so we can practice defilade fire one more time. And we need Aunt Ginny to find her for us and get her in the loop. Aunt Ginny, that kid on the Xbox, the nerd who loves Star Trek and computers, the Patriot writer who can pen an article that inspires new recruits to join our forces...

...or change the way we see "keyboard warriors".

We need that, like yesterday.

I agree totally...cyber And digital warfare Are just as important as any field operation. (I am not even going to mention the usefulness of drones as that should go without saying)...the bad part is it is expensive to operate in that realm; which is one of the reasons most law enforcement agencies are ill equipped to handle or counter even small groups utilizing a well set digital/cyber plan of action. Hate to say it like this BUT Large terrorist groups have whole-heartedly embraced those options and dedicate a large portion of their funding and personnel to employing them on the battlefield— to great results ( for them; not us)...it’s like tanks and aircraft being used first in WW1– embrace the future or lose.