Todd A. Slee

ARE FOOD SHORTAGES IMMINENT?

I live in a rural area, haven't missed work and this area doesn't seem to be very hard hit from the Covid19 negative extravaganza.

Indiana has had many out of work, but is one of the least hard-hit states, for which many of us are thankful.

What Restricted Republic has presented is just rather unthinkable in America as most of us have known it for the past 50 years, and I hope that the situation is being exaggerated, which, even if so, is not a good thing, especially considering that the Corona virus threat has been hugely overblown.

There has to be members hrre who know firsthand of the issue, so please sound off and let the rest of us know:

people in other forums are discussing this very thing.....  so, for the most part, it is 'talk'..... but, let's face it, how many of us are blind to what is going on.  No matter how Nov. turns out... THEY are not going to show TRUMP as being the elected President... I believe that he will be elected, but, that is not what we will be told.... IF they do let him be President, you can bet there will be a lot of riots and plandemic lock downs....the last 6 months will feel easy compared to what we are about to face-- It will be more then food shortages!

Posted (edited)

Yes.

I am not a hunter, outdoorsman, or really into food the way a lot of you older folks are but I just got a deep freezer and stuffed it chock full of beef and other assortment of items and bought thermal bags for when I need to move it all and for when the power browns out inevitably.

We are going through a supply chain shock at work and in the food industry for various reasons and all at once. Go get a small deep freezer if you can find one and pack it full as soon as you possibly can and be prepared to have to trade and share what you have communally.

A local church that I've been to for food grew their distribution by 10X and they keep growing. They are slowly getting more and more people and have made their system efficient like a large drive-thru model. I can't even figure out how to give them donations they are so busy...

Most of all, above and beyond anything: Stop being fat...

Edited by Ovrclockd

I don't buy the hype of food running out. Way too many things to take over farm production if our farms fail and shut down for what ever reason, you have local farmers that in turn would pick up the slack of the major farms, and end up being in demand from local populations, an things begin to cycle, big farms shut down , lil farms pop up an start supplying people, cash turns to shit, so humanity starts to barter for food an etc.

Also, we can just take a look at our own American history, look at how long the beef industry took to grow. it didn't pop up over night, humanity figures out how to survive, how to farm, how to hunt. and eventually we break back into this hunter and gatherer groups.  with the young and old being cared for by those in the middle.  Or look at how the Roman Empire sustained itself, with out modern advancements . 

A true food shortage would begin with farms shutting down, but then, governments would have to in turn put a permanent ban on hunting and growing crops or send jack boots around to scoop up what ever you have to distribute. some can argue it has begun with taxing and permitting hunting and fishing, but even still. big deal. 

Here is one for ya, how about this scenario ,  World Food Shortage, more cities burning, an what happens, at the worst possible minute, the American Government announces a newly launching Space Program, a true interstellar spaceship, that is going to bring humanity to a new planet and " bring hope back " , Uncle Sam scoops up the elite and the rich, takes a long a few  truck loads of seed bank supplies, brings along tools to build and mine for resources and build stuff on said new planet.  off the ship goes, big round of applause from the world.

And surprise they never come back, or the ship blows up in upon take off.  

I mean if we are going to talk about scary stories lets go balls out with em.

Author of the topic Posted
4 hours ago, Ovrclockd said:

Yes.

I am not a hunter, outdoorsman, or really into food the way a lot of you older folks are but I just got a deep freezer and stuffed it chock full of beef and other assortment of items and bought thermal bags for when I need to move it all and for when the power browns out inevitably.

We are going through a supply chain shock at work and in the food industry for various reasons and all at once. Go get a small deep freezer if you can find one and pack it full as soon as you possibly can and be prepared to have to trade and share what you have communally.

A local church that I've been to for food grew their distribution by 10X and they keep growing. They are slowly getting more and more people and have made their system efficient like a large drive-thru model. I can't even figure out how to give them donations they are so busy...

Most of all, above and beyond anything: Stop being fat...

If you can afford it, I'd buy a generator to power your deep freeze in case electricity goes. Also, you can build a noise suppressor for it from a 55 gallon drum. I chatted with a guy who but one, who said it works great. You can likely find online how to build it. You fill it with water when you're done, exhaust goes in one tube, into the water, out the other, or something like that. Same principle as boat motor exhaust going into the water, but quieter I'd say.

I don't know how you guys are gonna protect all that? I will be leading the fight....so I will be on the move. I already have people set up to help feed us during the fight.  That's what we are doing down here.