Sigma Tactical

Getting tired

Don’t know what or why it’s so hard to get the established militias in Mobile, County Alabama to meet up.. I don’t get it there is a so called active militia here in South Alabama who I message the members of and it’s like no one wants to take the time to message back. I’m out here by myself holding the line looking like no one else cares.. Our Sheriff has even asked where are the boys at? My reply is I guess they had better things to do. This is bull shit.. No one around to train with or to talk about current issues in the state.. I have even started CMOSA with no one to help me.. do we not give a shit about our home state? Or am I just missing something? When I’m out doing my do diligence from my state I’m out gunned and look stupid! I’m tired of this shit.. Putting together a militia on short notice is deadly and could cause people to act on emotion. Someone please help me get this off the ground.. if not for the People of today but for the kids and our future that’s going to ask “dad where were you when we our state needed help”? Everyone who wants to suit up and go to work should, because it’s our civil duty to show the city and county the protection it deserves.. Towingforlife is the only on here in lower Alabama who has contacted me. Please guys, I know you all have jobs but maybe we could meet on a multiple video chat and talk about current issues and threats.

To do your best in a just but difficult endeavor when few—or none—will stand alongside you is an incredibly noble thing. Please, persevere! I would gladly join you if I weren't too far away (central AL), though I don't have many relevant skills to offer. If you could use my support in any way, let me know.

Sadly, most people believe that they are just going to show up and kick ass when the bell rings.  People believe they are more competent than they really are.  Dunning - Kruger Effect applies to conservatives and patriots as well.  

That's one of several reasons why Militia's are hard to organize and train.  

Optimism bias and normalcy bias are other factors.  

Author of the topic Posted
3 hours ago, Tess Victoria said:

To do your best in a just but difficult endeavor when few—or none—will stand alongside you is an incredibly noble thing. Please, persevere! I would gladly join you if I weren't too far away (central AL), though I don't have many relevant skills to offer. If you could use my support in any way, let me know.

Will do and thank you Tess

Make sure you have as simple a chain of command and rank structure as possible. Make training exciting and fun. Do things differently even if the difference is small.

And kick inactive members. Don't be a tyrant but make sure your requirements are met. People in my group dislike the physical standards and I get a lot of whining about "well so and so can't meet those standards so they can't help us but they want to!". Sucks to suck honestly. If they can't keep up then they need a different type of support. We all need people cheering us on but not everyone can fight with guns, knives or hands. 

Meet up every now and again just to hang out and chill with each other. Do something that isn't militia related once in a while with your guys. 

Make sure they know at the end of the day their duty; to stand and fight when the time comes. It may sound harsh but those pot bellied folk that can barely breathe shouldn't be in a militia not only for the sake of themselves but the sake of their comrades. 

13 hours ago, RevRifleman said:

Sadly, most people believe that they are just going to show up and kick ass when the bell rings.  People believe they are more competent than they really are.  Dunning - Kruger Effect applies to conservatives and patriots as well.  

That's one of several reasons why Militia's are hard to organize and train.  

Optimism bias and normalcy bias are other factors.  

The raw power of normalcy bias never really struck me until the beginning of this year, when news of SARS-CoV-2 (then called "Wuhan novel coronavirus") first began making distinct ripples through the Internet. Thank God it didn't turn out to be nearly as bad as I thought it would. Anybody even stocking up on some extra food and sanitation supplies in case of supply shortages was laughed at. Like life-changing pandemics are impossible because we've never lived through any, even though humanity has seen many before.

If my worst fears had been met, our country would have fallen apart. Many would have died because they waited for the bell to ring before taking any action.