OkieSwampFox

What it is happening to my state? Is half of Oklahoma not Oklahoma anymore?

Author of the topic Posted

Im really curious if the Tribes are trying to reaffirm their Sovereign Historical Territory? if so what does this mean for the state of oklahoma? 

1 minute ago, OkieSwampFox said:

Lol right....But for real though, what does this mean for landowners? Law enforcement? What are they gonna do, take their land back? 

dont know but the pawnee

how109-pawnee-killer-560.jpgarrow  will be aiming at your throat, i mean court9_9

3 minutes ago, OkieSwampFox said:

lol. Great Movie. One of my favorites. but Enough with the Jokes bro, Im serious about these questions.

Pawnee lives only matter, white men caucuses don't can lay out in hot sun of kansas , dont care of white man laws we make our own u white man in our tribal land you are under tribe police law like in longmire show 3bc89ca787e124fcf234bce9de62e616.png

To provide you with a semi-serious answer... I don't think we really know.  Federal law still applies and the Federal government still owns the land as far as I am aware.  So Federal Law Enforcement is still a thing in tribal reservations or territory.  It's just that state level might not be.  

I listened to the oral arguments today and it is very interesting, very complex. Weather Oklahoma likes it or not, I have a feeling it is going to be a just ruling and the ramifications will be... interesting...

They (the Creek Nation) are celebrating this but I don't think they realize now that any major crime as defined by Title 18 is now going to be handled by the feds and not state, and dealing with the federal justice system is a lot more painful. I'll guarantee the FBI office will grow immensely in Tulsa, and the federal court will probably grow as well, and expect a new corporate prison to be built shortly.  This also brings into question the entire history of state tried offenses in that area, and whether convictions have to be reviewed or not.