MCP34

What do you think?

This is just a video that someone echoed on Parler. I haven't dug deep into who the creator is or anything yet. But I do think it makes for an interesting video.  Just thought I would share it with you guys. This vid made me do some thinking.

I can find absolutely nothing I disagree with in this video. It hits all the points quickly, correctly, and powerfully.

This is where we are, what we're up against, and why we have to get off our asses--because this isn't going away.

It's only just begun.

I think now more than ever, militias need to unite, consolidate forces and work together. There are over 600 militias - most of them doing their own thing - yet everyone has heard the saying "united we stand, divided we fall". Right now, we aren't able to oppose their scheme and defend our free Republic. We have got to work together if we want our country to survive this.

I do not know the reason why so many militias are against cooperation with a neighbor - I can only assume it's "good old boy politics".

1 hour ago, Texas Trucker said:

I think now more than ever, militias need to unite, consolidate forces and work together. There are over 600 militias - most of them doing their own thing - yet everyone has heard the saying "united we stand, divided we fall". Right now, we aren't able to oppose their scheme and defend our free Republic. We have got to work together if we want our country to survive this.

I do not know the reason why so many militias are against cooperation with a neighbor - I can only assume it's "good old boy politics".

A big part of it is a thorough misunderstanding of the legalities of it. Many, and I'd say most, Militia units are badly misinformed as to what they actually are, and what (if any) rules apply to them. One of the most glaring misunderstandings is the idea that a militia must operate within the borders of it's own state. This would be true if it was an actual militia (under the direct control of the state), but it is not. In fact, provision for an actual militia hasn't been available for more than a century.

The easiest way to understand this is to understand there are no special rules for or against "militia"; the rules that apply are exactly the same rules that would apply to any citizen of the area in question, or organization within that area. If the "militia" would require licensing as a "club" in an area, then the militia requires licensing. If it is not allowed to sell raffle tickets, it's not allowed. Those are just two examples. But there is nothing that says a militia from Idaho can't hold an event in Nebraska (first amendment "peaceable assembly" applies), or even exercise their other rights (including second amendment) within the confines of the same laws that are applied to everyone else. Militiamen insisting on carrying openly in California, for example, would probably have the law come down on them pretty hard. That isn't a function of being Militia; it's a function of the laws of California that apply to everyone there.

As to why units don't cooperate more? Yeah, that's probably hubris and "good old boy" ways of looking at things, which are counterproductive. Legally speaking, the hurdles to cooperation are probably far fewer than the personality issues.

Author of the topic Posted

It appears that this video is no more. I expected it would be removed. I tried to do a search on youtube with the Playback ID, as well as attempted to follow the Parler link. The ID says it doesn't exist. And the links throw an error out. I figured it would be just a matter of time. Dang it! I should have screen capped it! Wasn't thinking. Regardless, it looks like it's gone now.

1 hour ago, MCP34 said:

It appears that this video is no more. I expected it would be removed. I tried to do a search on youtube with the Playback ID, as well as attempted to follow the Parler link. The ID says it doesn't exist. And the links throw an error out. I figured it would be just a matter of time. Dang it! I should have screen capped it! Wasn't thinking. Regardless, it looks like it's gone now.

The vid is still up, I just watched it.

Author of the topic Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Skillet said:

The vid is still up, I just watched it.

Ok. My fault. I tried to watch it at home last night when I complained about it. For some reason, I couldn't locate the video. And the links would not play at all. I just saw your message here at work and tried it on the work computer. You are correct, it appears to be fine. Sorry if I mislead anyone. It could be a browser problem or something on the home computer maybe. Is there any way that I can remove my last comment? Just to avoid confusion?

Edited by MCP34

On 7/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, MCP34 said:

This is just a video that someone echoed on Parler. I haven't dug deep into who the creator is or anything yet. But I do think it makes for an interesting video.  Just thought I would share it with you guys. This vid made me do some thinking.

I already knew this.  We must organize.  I say the same thing every day.  Unfortunately, very little is being done. 

There are several reasons the militia movement remains fragmented: for one thing, it's easier to trust people you know, or who live in your town and who you can check up on.  Joining a state-wide or national group is more of a leap in the dark. For another, there are two national groups (at least) already: Oathkeepers and Three Percenter Originals.  Why two groups? And how active are they, actually, 'on the ground'? (I don't know ... just asking.)  If there were just one national group, broadly based, open to all patriots, it would have pulling power. But more than group actually has negative pulling power.

And yet, a national voice is needed.  The first steps toward having one might be for local groups to explore forming a state-wide group.

Local groups tend not to have the resources, especially the human resources, to deal with the political problems that are coming.  For example, the militia movement will be attacked -- has been attacked -- in the press.

It shouldn't be up to each local unit to answer these attacks. There ought to be some sort of national center that could draw on the talents available across the whole country -- people with a background in journalis, in law, etc... to put together a response.

Hopefully, state, and then national, leaders will emerge.  It can't happen soon enough.