I am new to the page. My rank is not in military terms but in corrections. I have worked in Corrections for almost 10 years, was a shift supervisor, corporal, and squad leader in my academy class. I have lived a little bit. I workout with weights, defensive tactics when my health allows, fishing, hunting, can use radios, re-certify yearly with the department of corrections shooting, first aid, and defensive tactics. I have been married over 38 years. I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of Florida. When I move back to Georgia, near my old stomping grounds, smelling the pine trees and playing the red clay, I want to join the Georgia Militia. Thank you for letting me join this website.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Leslie Nelms said:

I am new to the page. My rank is not in military terms but in corrections. I have worked in Corrections for almost 10 years, was a shift supervisor, corporal, and squad leader in my academy class. I have lived a little bit. I workout with weights, defensive tactics when my health allows, fishing, hunting, can use radios, re-certify yearly with the department of corrections shooting, first aid, and defensive tactics. I have been married over 38 years. I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of Florida. When I move back to Georgia, near my old stomping grounds, smelling the pine trees and playing the red clay, I want to join the Georgia Militia. Thank you for letting me join this website.

i tried the florida correction thing for a year then moved on after getting out of the army in 1983 very dismal depressing hanging around the inmates crying there blues to me in the dorm while i was on the grave yard shift, but i did like having the shotgun patrol around the fence with a pickup truck aircondition hardly ever work:/ in those old 1978 dodge ram trucks

Edited by Saiga308snipe

Author of the topic Posted

not much has changed. Inmates are still inmates only now they have a babysitter in the form of a tablet. Pain in the but sometimes. More drugs, cell phones, and attacks on officers. Situational awareness is of the utmost importance now more than ever. What you see on the streets is in the prison. The good thing for me is how it has taught me to talk before fighting. The fighting part is a no no now. I believe this experience has brought a new me to the world where I do not trust anyone except those who are in the trenches with me. 

10 minutes ago, Leslie Nelms said:

not much has changed. Inmates are still inmates only now they have a babysitter in the form of a tablet. Pain in the but sometimes. More drugs, cell phones, and attacks on officers. Situational awareness is of the utmost importance now more than ever. What you see on the streets is in the prison. The good thing for me is how it has taught me to talk before fighting. The fighting part is a no no now. I believe this experience has brought a new me to the world where I do not trust anyone except those who are in the trenches with me. 

upper left corner god i sure was young back the LOL what happien??

thumbnail.jpg

WELCOME!  Check the state militia forums link on the landing page for your state, area code militia link  or tab and click on the Map tab to find people near you to connect with. 

https://www.mymilitia.com/forums/forum/8-networks/

https://www.mymilitia.com/area-code-militias/

https://www.mymilitia.com/membermap/

Or start your own group:

https://www.mymilitia.com/militias/

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg