WinterPatriot

Does wearing masks lower the chance of spreading the virus? - A viewpoint

Can be found here  -- https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/07/25/does-universal-mask-wearing-decrease-or-increase-the-spread-of-covid-19/

-- at the WattsUpWithThat site, mainly known for its contrarian views re Anthropomorphic Global Warming.

There's a kind of analogy here.  Firearms ownership by responsible adults who have a bit of training in their safe handling will lower the crime rate.

This does NOT mean that if we simply gave a rifle everyone over 12 in the US, the rate of shootings would go down. In some places they would

probably increase dramatically. 

So also with mask wearing. What you have to consider is not what perfect mask wearing would achieve, but what actual mask wearing as it

will be carried out by the general public will achieve.

Dr. Fauci, at some point in time, said that the masks do little more than make people feel good. The infected should wear them, in case they sneeze I guess, and blow Covid burgers and snot everywhere, I guess.

A little more effective but so what?  It's no where near as infectious or deadly as they have been claiming.  It's not about disease control it is about people control.

obey roddy piper GIF

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

4 minutes ago, Todd A. Slee said:

I saw clips of that movie, pretty interesting. What's the name of it?

"They Live"

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

Masks provide about 20% to 30% protection to yourself and about 70% to 80% to other people from you. They have to be N95 or N100 to be the most effective. They do not stop the virus but do reduce the viral load. So if a sick person coughs you may have some of the viral load stopped at the mask if contained in larger moisture droplets but what does get through may only travel a few feet instead of over 6ft. The virus if attached to small enough water droplets can become aerosolized and stay in the air for about 4 hours. In my opinion there is limited benefits for a healthy person to wear a mask just maintain social distancing. Even someone who is asymptomatic will have a lower viral load. Masks do not stop the virus they just reduce the viral load which may give the body an extra couple days to build up a defense. I would recommend taking 5,000iu to 10,000iu of vitamin D3 per day which regulates the immune system so you do not get inflammation of the lungs should you get sick. Covid is a real thing and is more deadly than the flu but it is being used for political purposes and numbers in some places are being inflated.