Which political position aligns the closest with your beliefs?

Political Positions  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What would you consider yourself?

Guest O sleeper

Not necessarily who you vote for, just which position best represents your beliefs. For example, I would consider myself a constitutionalist, but I vote for Republicans, since the constitution party doesn't have a chance.

Edited by O sleeper
Guest O sleeper

What does everyone think? Is it okay to vote for the "lesser of the two evils", or should you strictly vote for someone who is pretty much on base with everything you believe?

You should  campaign and fight for the candidate you believe best represents you, but once it comes down to the final election if you don't vote for the one most likely to get the win that can help your position the most you are only hurting yourself.  So yes for my family's sake I would vote for the lesser of two evils if only one of those two could realistically have a chance to win.

I'm an Independent Conservative (classical Liberal) Constitutionalist.  In other words, I'm always right!  😉

• Like 1

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

“Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature.” -Benjamin Franklin

"Si vis pacem para bellum" / "If you want peace, prepare for war" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

Guest O sleeper
23 minutes ago, Reverend Dean Penland said:

I vote for the lesser of two evils. I do not like Trump the person, but the alternative is too horrible to consider.

22 minutes ago, LetFreedomRing said:

You should  campaign and fight for the candidate you believe best represents you, but once it comes down to the final election if you don't vote for the one most likely to get the win that can help your position the most you are only hurting yourself.  So yes for my family's sake I would vote for the lesser of two evils if only one of those two could realistically have a chance to win.

I'm an Independent Conservative (classical Liberal) Constitutionalist.  In other words, I'm always right!  😉

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it.

1 minute ago, [email protected] said:

We have 14% other.  What is the other?

The first other so far is me.

"I'm an Independent Conservative (classical Liberal) Constitutionalist.  In other words, I'm always right!  😉"

• Like 1

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

“Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature.” -Benjamin Franklin

"Si vis pacem para bellum" / "If you want peace, prepare for war" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

2 hours ago, Reverend Dean Penland said:

I vote for the lesser of two evils. I do not like Trump the person, but the alternative is too horrible to consider.

As far as I see it Trump is the first republican to stand up for what the majority of conservatives, and YES, dare I say constitutionalists, say they stand for. So act like you are some weird faction if you want... you back the pony that’s going to win the race and our race is for the preservation and restoration of the constitution.

Screw the parties... you won’t see another trump. Mark my words. If he wins we have four more years... That’s all folks.

Edited by Highlander 401
Guest O sleeper
16 minutes ago, Highlander 401 said:

Thinking other is alt right? Can’t be...

"Other" is just anything I didn't list. I just put in the main ones I could think of.

9 minutes ago, O sleeper said:

"Other" is just anything I didn't list. I just put in the main ones I could think of.

Other is whatever someone had in their head when they chose it. You should have listed alt right because those crazy f*****s are who we're all about to become If we don’t get four more years.

Edited by Highlander 401
Guest O sleeper
4 minutes ago, Highlander 401 said:

Other is whatever someone had in their head when they chose it. You should have listed alt right because those are the crazy f*****s area who we're all about to become If we don’t get four more years.

"Other" is anything anyone wants it to be. It's just an option for those who don't consider them one of the other ones listed.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:13 PM, O sleeper said:

Not necessarily who you vote for, just which position best represents your beliefs. For example, I would consider myself a constitutionalist, but I vote for Republicans, since the constitution party doesn't have a chance.

believe that most of us on this venue would concede that voting for the lesser evil is ideal given our current political climate.  But what if it wasn't that way? What if we turned the political clock back so to speak. I believe we can! I believe that  We The People became more involved, more vocal, and less indifferent things could and would change. This can be achieved through writing letters calling our congressmen or woman and voicing our concerns. And if they fail to listen we fire them. Not long ago this was how our republic worked. I say we bring this back, let's stop voting for the lesser evil and start voting for the political figures that fight for what we value. 

On 10/20/2020 at 4:35 PM, O sleeper said:

What does everyone think? Is it okay to vote for the "lesser of the two evils", or should you strictly vote for someone who is pretty much on base with everything you believe?

seems like as often as not, both apply.