28 members, but no activity?

Hello everyone! Is there anyone here? The group page says 28 members, but I don't see any activity. A little about me: In case the username didn't give it away, my name is Doug, I live in ABQ, in the South Valley.  I was a little hesitant to join the site because, lets face it, militias get a bad rap as gun nuts and white supremacists. I am neither. I own weapons, but I'm by no means a "gun nut", and I personally don't give a damn if the person to my left and right are black, white, brown, or pink with purple polka dots. I also don't care if someone is gay (I'm not), straight, or sexually identifies as a ham sandwich. What I do care about is personal freedom, and in my opinion personal freedom, by definition, means the ability make decisions that are different than mine. It also means the ability to make bad decisions with the knowledge that those bad decisions can, and most likely will, jump up and bite you in the ass some day.

I believe that some limited government is essential, but that it needs to be a lot more limited than what it currently is. I believe that taxes are about 95% theft. With that said, I DO NOT advocate for the violent overthrow of our government, nor do I wish to engage in any criminal activities towards that end. I believe that our Founding Fathers had the wisdom to put in a lot of checks and balances in our government, and if you don't vote, you are missing out on the greatest of those.

What I do believe is that our country has come to a cross roads, and that shortly we will find ourselves involved in a new civil war. I think, to some extent, that it is already occurring. When it goes full blown, I'd like to be ready and surrounded by people of like mind. With that in mind, are there groups already in existence in the ABQ area that is dedicated to preparing themselves? If not, and you're interested in starting one, then shoot me a message and lets get the ball rolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 'Merica 1

Doug,

I live in the North Valley of ABQ, and my position is very much like yours in your post. I am NOT anti-government, not looking to overthrow the existing government either. I am also interested in establishing a group of like-minded patriots to be better equipped and prepared for when things get worse. 

• Cool 1
1 hour ago, Holyfire said:

Doug, I identify with over 90% of what you are saying.  I am probably to old to be active in a militia, but would like to support like minded folks.

Bill

Rio Rancho

All are welcome! I'm not looking to do anything crazy, mainly just looking to train and prep.

• 'Merica 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Important Information

Use of this site is confirmation and acceptance of your understanding of our Terms of Use , Privacy Policy and site Guidelines . We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.