Seeing as how we're not in a war zone, at least not yet, and as we spend most of.our time at home when not at work, I believe in the viability of a guard/watch dog. Plus, they can be used in the same capacity in camp:

If war, riots, anarchy, etc. do break out, a well trained dog can excel under such conditions.

ALSO:

Using dogs to detect nefarious people:https://iheartdogs.com/can-dogs-sense-bad-people/

https://www.sleesecurity.com/security-tasks.html

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TEEBONE said:

Yes I like that idea thinking about getting a pair Doberman pinchers, Or maybe Rottweilers.

Yeah, should be two minimum of medium large dogs. I've heard of a tough culprit killing a single German Shepherd with his bare hands.

• Like 2

The professional dog trainer I've been in touch with just had 2 German Shepherd litters whelped within the past 2 weeks and will be evaluating them soon.  Planning on having one boarded and fully trained as a family and home protection dog.  I'll probably get another one next year after this one.  They aren't exactly cheap but if you can find a good professional breeder / trainer that does it at a "reasonable" cost that us regular folks can manage to swing, need to jump on it!  I intended to get one last spring but they didn't breed because what was going on with Covid 19.  

• Like 1

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

“Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature.” -Benjamin Franklin

"Si vis pacem para bellum" / "If you want peace, prepare for war" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg