Here a sample of.flux core welding, aka mig welding without gas. First time.I ever used it, am impressed.

This run thru a spool gun, using .030 wire and a .035 tip, due to it needed  done, so the wire wandered. But the flux.core is more practical for field repairs, especially if gas is unavailable.

IMG_20201104_071501.jpg

IMG_20201104_071453.jpg

IMG_20201104_071446.jpg

• Like 1

It's a Titanium Mig170 from Harbor Freight. It's at work, and they.recently bought.it. I'm welding.mostly 16 gauge alum tubing with it. Works pretty well.  I wouldn't.say.it's.THE best for it, but it's.pretty.good.one. Cost them $600. The others were.more expensive.

There's a lot of.info., reviews.and.instructionals.about them.on Youtube.

One thing I really like about it is.the Induction setting, for penetration depth, very nice for thin stuff. It does pretty well, though it might be slightly inconsistent maintaining.exact output temperature. Could be.me,.though, not holding tip same distance away.

Here's some alum. weld samples. Welding alum. is new to me, esp this.thin stuff. I welded alum. heads in '06,.but nothing since then except steel. So I'm still learning and getting.the welder dialed.in, plus technique. A welder exp in alum can likely weld tin foil with it.

IMG_20201106_074658.jpg

IMG_20201106_074740.jpg

IMG_20201106_074852.jpg

Also looks like you could use a little more heat. Working faster with higher heat really flattens them out and reduces your eclusions. Man i wish i could spend one hour with you. Youre really on the right track

• Like 1
2 hours ago, IronWallAZ said:

But not bad for just learning. Its definately a feel. Try using a 45 degree angle with your spool gun. Do you push or pull? 

If I need better penetration I pull. If it's a burn thru potential I push,.even spot some.

I done some nice downs at 17.5 & around 400 or 430, I think it was.But running a flat, joining the end.of the tube to the end of.another tube is hard without lowering.the settings. Still experimenting. Guy from the supply store stopped, though, they offer interactional advice and even have a Lincoln rep available. You close to South Whitley?