THE DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA

On 11/5/2020 at 10:18 PM, Todd A. Slee said:

May I respond to this in a rather long rant?  I know what I'm about to say is long winded, but I pray each of you read this anyway.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”  II Timothy 2: 15

I have been around right wing groups, militias, and involved in the church for several decades.  I've watched the comings and goings and all the great platitudes that we conjure up to make people feel good, but yesterday I was looking for some information on another subject which led me back to this site (and I'd forgotten I had registered here as my computer was hacked shortly after I registered on this website).  The issue involved Lt. Col. James "Bo" Gritz and his religious views.  On this site I read a lot of religious bigotry and vitriol aimed against a former member of the Special Operations community.  How can we talk about unity within a country when we are practicing something completely different?

The posters on this site were coming down on Gritz due to his attendance at Dan Gayman's church because mainstream labeled Dan Gayman "Christian Identity" and that is some kind of boogey man word, a term for those who have been conditioned - Pavolvian style - to react negatively to a certain ideology.  Yet the reality is, those doing the condemning probably never attended Dan Gayman's church, never read a book he wrote, and never watched him on YouTube.  And, insofar as Gritz goes, he is friends with a lot of Christians and attends a variety of churches.  He and I both went to some of Dan's sermons and events, but Dan made it plain that he did not want either of us on his premises because we were both armed though our weapons were in our vehicles.  Dan is a pacifist and does not believe in any kind of violence - even in self defense.  I disagree with a lot of what he has to say and I agree with a lot of it.  In this case, we had to bid our good friend Godspeed and go our separate ways.

On that count, Gritz was not Christian Identity.  But, the bigotry I find being spewed by people in the militia community deserves to be challenged.  Gritz also attended Mormon sermons.  As a matter of fact, I was ordained in a non-denominational church that later affiliated with the Mormons and is now an LDS church.  I could not accept the notion that Joseph Smith was anything special (and I could be wholly wrong), so I went my separate way, and confirmed it recently when Mormons endorsed Biden,  but will tell you that the Mormons are kind of like religious cousins to Christian Identity and there are a lot of good people in both churches.  I do not understand how the militias can claim to be in favor of the Rights of all, but but post such libelous hatred toward fellow Christians and then talk about unity.

The Catholics have "christianized" pagan observances like Christmas; they have shielded pedophiles among their own - namely priests; they have come out in support of homosexual marriages.  They remain welcome.  Muslims teach that they must convert Christians or kill them.  You make it a point here to welcome them into your ranks.  So, maybe it is time to talk about "rightly dividing the word of truth."

The truth is America was founded by white Christians.  Good, bad, or indifferent, that is a fact.  They made it a criminal offense in many places to intermarry with non-whites.  Then, only weeks after the ratification of the Constitution of the United States,  the framers limited citizenship to "free white males."  The mainstream would have all those brainwashed dolts that never take the time to think this out believe that the facts constitute hate or intolerance of other people.  What a joke!  Although citizenship was limited to free whites, people from every corner of the globe came here to partake of the opportunities the free market afforded.  Americans willingly did business with foreigners, but they never allowed them to become a part of the body politic.  This allowed our country to retain its cultural identity and discourage those who find our culture not to their liking out of the political process.  We've allowed the mainstream - especially the controlled news and entertainment media to parrot the narrative that some sects of Christianity are evil incarnate.  Many of you have bought into it.  As a matter of fact, the oldest and most continuous civilian militia is not welcome on this site.  The men who pioneered the modern civilian militias are locked out.  It's the same as if the House and Senate locked Thomas Jefferson and George Washington out today if they suddenly appeared in Washington Wonderland, District of Corruption.  I dare not even utter their names.  BTW, they are still active FWIW.

In my observations, the modern militia got too used to brown nosing the controlled news and entertainment media, breaking ties with the most unpopular elements within civilian militias.  Everybody seems to want the validation and the accolades of the masses.  So, they do not study to show themselves approved.  They do not debate their cause (Proverbs 25: 9 - 10).  In no way am I seeing that the modern militias are doing what God would have had them do.  Now, we find ourselves locked out.  The media has a total blackout of any news that is favorable to what we claim to believe in.  We cannot unite, work among ourselves, and put up a defense because we've spent too much time building walls and barriers - locking people out rather than hear them out.  Our forefathers believed that they were the Israelites of the Bible and America was the New Jerusalem.  They believed that they were building a "shining city on a hill" that would serve as an example of what all the nations of the world could aspire to.  I've heard people like JFK and Ronald Reagan allude to that vision in their speeches.  U.S. Senator David Perdue who is running for re-election uses it in his television ads as part of what he believes.  Don't you owe it to yourself to reread this paragraph and then read that sermon?

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf

Read it.  You will see that our forefathers believed they were in a covenant relationship for a special commission (read Romans 9: 4 - 7).  They saw America as being the New Jerusalem and, in record time, we became the greatest nation in the annals of history.  To vilify and attempt to demonize Christians that want to perpetuate the moral absolutes and the principles that made us who we are is certainly not something I can wrap my head around - and especially in light of the OP.  Then again, I am the first to post here and challenge each of you to do some serious introspection and soul searching.  If you will take anyone except those who represent what the founders and framers stood for, then you should be content with the way America ended.  And you have my word on this.  Donald Trump was the last American President.  Adding insult to injury, the modern civilian militias with their divisive attitudes toward the people who pioneered the modern civilian militia effort did as much to destroy America as any leftist, communist, atheist, liberal or democrat ever did.  Our "house" cannot be inclusive to every race, religion, sexual persuasion, political persuasion, creed, or belief on God's green earth.  You've got to stand for something or you will fall for anything (to borrow a line from Aaron Tippins song).  Rightly divide the word of truth.  And I leave you with one final thought:  "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him."  Proverbs 18 : 13

Edited by Danite