Question about LTC in Texas

Hello, everyone. I have a question. Would any of you suggest to get a License to Carry gun? I'm not so sure if I should get one because I've read somewhere that the fingerprinting is done digitally, thus it goes to the FBI database. From what I understand it's the same way for people who register for this Pre TSA program, whenever they go to any airport they avoid long waiting lines, and don't have to remove their shoes and not have to go through those body scanners, under the condition that they have there fingerprints sent to the FBI database. I see this as a way of people having their rights eroded, ever since the aftermath of September 11, 2001 attacks. The thing is that government including the FBI can abuse their power against citizens.

So has it been this way prior to September 11, 2001 here in Texas, in order to obtain a LTC your fingerprints would be sent to the FBI database?