BuryTheHatchet

Pistol caliber of choice: 45acp, 9mm, or other?

Pistol caliber of choice: 45acp, 9mm, or other?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Pistol caliber of choice: 45acp, 9mm, or other?

• 45acp
    • 9mm
    • Like both
    • Prefer other

9mm for me...why? Because, 9mm ammo has evolved into a deadly caliber unlike in past times. 9mm rounds is just as effective as 45caliber.

I also prefer 9mm because it has lower recoil.

• Like 1

My personal preference is the .40 S&W. It has become increasing unpopular, but my Glock 35 is my favorite sidearm and just works for me. Aside from that, I think my research has lead me to the belief that the 9mm is generally the best round on the market.

i voted 9mm only because .22lr is the apocalypse ammo and 9mm is second

any gun is worthless with no ammo

• Like 1

I don't see it very often in 9mm vs 45acp debates...but some do point out that a fight on our soil with a foreign force would probably leave us scavaging ammo and arms from our invaders. Most likely that would be 9mm and 7.62x39. Possibly 7.62x51 NATO. In a fight coming from within our government, we would see 5.56 and 9mm. No enemy force is going to be carrying 45acp.

• Like 3

.22/.22 mag. - fun shooting .45 colt - fun shooting/target

.40 - my c carry 30-30 - fun & hunt

9MM - my sidearm 12 & 20 ga. - for skeet/trap, home protection

5.56 - my main .380 - home protection

.223 - secondary . .22 pellet - squirrels

varmints/ fun

.308 - long shooting (sniper)

I think that's all, but wouldn't mind some more....a .30 or.50 cal. machine gun.

My preferred is .45. Anyone that says .22 is to small has more likely than not, never had any holes punched in them by one.

• Like 2

My preferred is .45. Anyone that says .22 is to small has more likely than not, never had any holes punched in them by one.

Yes, 22LR is definitely a deadly round. A lot of people doesn't take into consideration the velocity a 22LR achieves & also, when a 22LR enters the body; it just doesn't "stop". The round majority of the time deflects off bone & then bounces around, destroying vital organs. It's one hell of a long, painful death.

• Like 1

I prefer the 9mm and the .40 S&W. Both rounds are standard carry by most Police Departments and the 9mm is standard for NATO military carry.

Yes, 22LR is definitely a deadly round. A lot of people doesn't take into consideration the velocity a 22LR achieves & also, when a 22LR enters the body; it just doesn't "stop". The round majority of the time deflects off bone & then bounces around, destroying vital organs. It's one hell of a long, painful death.

The key word is LONG, painful death. You may have hit them multiple times, but they can still be in the fight.

• Like 2

Well I'm old school and will stick with my wheel guns 45 Colt and 38's my go to is a Colt 1909 Army.

I just have the standard 5.56 and 7.62x39 and 9mm. My carry gun now is my bodyguard, because I can

Carry it in my pocket and it dosen't print. It,s .380, used to open carry my Glock 17.

I prefer my 9mm due to the fact that I can shoot .380's out of it also which makes my pistol a little more versatile then most but I also love my Colt 1911 .45 too

I wouldn't want to get into a gunfight with a .22LR

The wife's EDC is a Sig Mosquito in 22 LR. While the bad guy is trying to avoid my 45ACP she'll blindside him with it. Shoot what you're most accurate with.

I don't see it very often in 9mm vs 45acp debates...but some do point out that a fight on our soil with a foreign force would probably leave us scavaging ammo and arms from our invaders. Most likely that would be 9mm and 7.62x39. Possibly 7.62x51 NATO. In a fight coming from within our government, we would see 5.56 and 9mm. No enemy force is going to be carrying 45acp.

what invading force still uses 7.62x39 ?

my ammo choice would be 10mm. Ideally you can shoot 40sw which i hate that round but the 10mm is pretty easy to find and the firepower you can get from one is quite nice. Hell some of the penetrating rounds make bullet resistant glass look like butter.

9mm for me. The calibers mentioned are all good and boils down to preference for each individual - the bottom line is effective round placement.

• Like 1

The closest one at the moment... the Cubans use 7.62x39.

cubans don't have a navy or nor do they have a larger enough army to invade..... the caliber died when people found out it wasn't very effective.

Folks,

Caliber does not matter too much. Performance is what counts. I have attached a picture of what I do in real life. I am a 07 FFL that researches and develops high performance ammunition.

The 9mm is sitting on top of a 50 cent piece.

Duster223

5aa3d5f842231_x-firecomparison.thumb.jpeg.79b9435f2ad14de5ae76d2940d25f947.jpeg