Sign in to follow this  
My Militia

MK220: Primary Weapons Systems’ Quiet 6.5mm Creedmoor AR

In my opinion, Primary Weapons Systems rifles have always been some of the softest-shooting AR rifles. They run cool with light recoil, work reliably and are very accurate. So, PWS seemed to me a perfect fit to try the now very popular 6.5mm Creedmoor. This chambering is really taking off in both AR-style rifles and bolt guns. It is accurate and flat shooting, and factory match ammunition is readily available.

Primary Weapons Systems has answered this demand with a limited run of 6.5 Creedmoor MK220 rifles.

Starting with the company’s forged receivers and light but strong handguard, the 6.5 Creedmoor MK220 uses a 20-inch, stainless steel barrel.

The PWS long-stroke gas piston system drives an enhanced bolt carrier that has been machined from tool steel and coated in nickel-Teflon. This super-strong bolt has been purpose-designed for use with .30-caliber cartridges. The four-position gas block allows you to tune the rifle for proper operation for specific ammunition, when suppressed or under harsh environmental conditions.

I was able to test the new 6.5 Creedmoor MK220 out to more than 800 yards during a scoped carbine class, and it held sub-MOA accuracy throughout. My groups at 100 yards were tighter than 0.5 inches using factory Hornady’s 140-grain A-MAX match ammunition. Using precision handloads, groups were closer to 0.35 inches.

With an OSS suppressor, the PWS was soft-shooting, quiet and deadly accurate. If you are in the market for a long-range AR, make sure you take a very close look at the PWS MK220 in 6.5 Creedmoor.

For more information on the MK220 and other products from Primary Weapons Systems, call 208-344-5217 or visit primaryweapons.com.

The post MK220: Primary Weapons Systems’ Quiet 6.5mm Creedmoor AR appeared first on Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun News and Gun Reviews.

Continue reading...