fixer

CCW Test Shooting Qualification - How many times did you shoot?

i shot 5 times and was done :P just curious if there was a mandatory amount you have to shoot or not

I think it varies by state. The law may just require "shooting" if so stated. Every instructor around me has a different range and shot requirement.

No shooting requirements in the state I live in, but I had to shoot in another state for a non-resident permit. I don't think that there is a minimum number of shots for that state either, it's up to the instructor to determine if the shooter is capable of getting shots on target under non-stress conditions.

• Like 1

I do agree, by state, CO didn't have to fire a round, nothing. Show up do not answer yes and pay your fee. Then show up at the Sheriff's office and pay more money and a couple of months you have your ticket.

With me it was an 8 hour class, then able to use your own weapon to qualify with, forget how many rounds to qual.

I JUST qualified with my Springfield xd9 4" service model for the ca ccw permit.. The range day was 6 hours of classroom then you had to fire 10 rounds at center mass from 5 yards away, with 1 mag change somewhere in the middle. I ran 5 rounds through mag 1 then 5 rounds through mag 2. Had one round that was just below center mass, which was ok because requirement was to hit 8 out of 10 rounds in center mass. I will say it was the most nerve racking 10 rounds I've ever shot. Something nerve racking about having sheriffs and range masters in full gear including flak vests right behind you.

• Like 1

Washington State is a "Shall Issue" State. If they can't find a reason they MUST issue your CCWL. 0 shots fired for my wife and myself. That doesn't mean we don't practice.