Jump to content
AngryPatriot

NOAA Predicts Another Active Atlantic Hurricane Season

By AngryPatriot, 05/26/2021


Hurricane 2021.PNG

 

On May 20, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) released the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season outlook.

According to forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, the outlook predicts a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season. However, experts do not anticipate the historic level of storm activity seen in 2020.

NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is forecasting a likely range of 13 to 20 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which six to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including three to five major hurricanes categories 3, 4 or 5 (with winds of 111 mph or higher) is expected. NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

An average hurricane season produces 14 named storms, of which seven become hurricanes, including three major hurricanes.

The Atlantic and Central Pacific hurricane season runs from June 1 through Nov. 30. The Eastern Pacific hurricane season runs from May 15 to Nov. 30.

 

For more information about preparing for hurricane season click HERE

 

a1badge.thumb.png.76941ec6445e3bd3e121016bc8580a21sm.png

NOT A MEMBER? REGISTER HERE TO COMMENT

  • 79 Views
IP.Board News by DevFuse

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Use of this site is confirmation and acceptance of your understanding of our Terms of Use , Privacy Policy and site Guidelines . We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.