• The Definitive Militia Resource - Forum, Groups, Directory, Maps, Gallery and More...
Hello Guest,
Have a membership? Please LOG IN.
Need a membership? Please REGISTER.

June 19th 2017 - Pro Gun Group - PGG - Sister Site Launch

Discussion in 'Website Information, Suggestions and Feedback' started by fixer, Jun 19, 2017.

1. fixer

fixer Chief Architect

Jan 28, 2016
    Captain
    Perry Co. Regiment
    State:
    OH

Pro Gun Group - PGG - https://www.progungroup.com
    The Alliance of Firearm Enthusiasts
    State/Regional Pro Gun Forum & CCW Instructor Directory
    Syndicated Gun Classifieds
    National Forum

State/Regional Pro Gun Forum & CCW Instructor Directory
    PGG is an organization that is uniting pro gun groups from across the nation. Often times these groups are not given the exposure they need and deserve because of the liberal agenda. In a day and age of Facebook these groups are our last hope to retain these communication, learning and networking tools.

Many times we have set up pro gun social media groups in all 50 states in every event the overseeing body has deleted them flexing their agendas.

We have had enough of this infringement/suppression. We are a group of doers and not talkers.

We have set out to build a resource that not only allows these sort of discussions and transactions, one that encourages it. And we want to bring national exposure to the regional and state forums who exist, to help them grow and become stronger to ensure they weather the storm of change that’s happening around us all.

For this we have formed a union. You can view all the state forums we could find in our directory as well we are creating a CCW Instructor Directory.

You may submit any content to be included in the directory, All submissions are carefully reviewed by site staff and will be approved accordingly.

Syndicated Gun Classifieds
    PGG has set out to syndicate state and regional gun classifieds. We will import the various classifieds from each state group and display them on our site with link backs. This will improve the ads reach to a national level.

We will be adding our own classifieds section soon.

National Gun Forums
    PPG will supply a limited amount of gun forums on the site for discussions. We do not want to be viewed as competition to our friends our intent is strictly to strengthen Pro Gun Groups across the nation.

Together We Are Stronger.

Synopsis
    Facebook is Killing Forums so why start PPG?… The Fact that Facebook is Killing forums is why we started PPG! Yes, there is no denying that Facebook has seriously compromised "traditional" discussion forums. Particularly Facebook Groups that mirror the functionality of forums. As Facebook grew in popularity forum members started dropping like flies.

Even those who I had met and became personal friends with showed up less or not at all, but clogged up my Facebook Newsfeed.

Some even had the gall to invite me to Facebook Groups that were in my Boards genre. Its like they didn't have a clue that our boards are often a business and our product is participation and personalities and we have made a substantial investment of time and money to make possible.

The true test was when an active Member who previously expressed no interest in Facebook, suddenly friend requested me on Facebook. Then the countdown began....Participation on my Board decreased, crap posted on Facebook and Facebook Groups increased, and often times they pulled up their tent stakes and POOF, were gone.

Luckily our boards have survived but not without casualties. This survival is largely due to converting to cutting edge softwares, which we think best competes with Facebook as far as Uploading of images etc.

And the connections to other social media venues is a benefit. But unlike Facebook that provides FREE EVERYTHING in exchange for ripping off people's "Likes" and interests and shopping habits, we traditional board owners pay monthly for the data needed to support our membership. That is something many members don't or refuse to understand or just don't care.

So why start a forum today? we choose niches that are frowned upon by the social media giants and try to provide tools and features that they do not, intent is not to supplant the giants but to be used in conjunction with them

Privacy is one of these items thats often over looked. Facebook has become the #1 investigative tool of law enforcement, rarely do they touch a crime scene without reviewing the victims Facebook. The information is invaluable to the investigation as it shows friends and recent un-friends, locations and check ins , where they ate , even selfies can show potential suspects in the back grounds ect… Perhaps the only valuable benefit Facebook has added to todays society other than keeping in touch with distant family and friends. Most of the other effects have proven to be a regression. Just look around and you will see it.

2. ImTexan

ImTexan I just use a 12g

Feb 12, 2017
    State:
    TX

Just viewing the site. I will sign up. Thank you

fixer likes this.
  3. fixer

fixer Chief Architect

Jan 28, 2016
    Captain
    Perry Co. Regiment
    State:
    OH

Facebook is fighting it :D

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 1.34.59 PM.png

Tracey Smith likes this.
  4. ImTexan

ImTexan I just use a 12g

Feb 12, 2017
    State:
    TX

Seriously... I would DUMP facebook

Have you joined Gab.ai yet? Like Twitter but you have 300 characters instead of 140 plus you can have a chat room AND Gab TV where you can live stream. AWESOME!

I am there as a Pro member ($5.99/mo) but the place is a Conservative dream. No banning or blocking.

Tracey Smith likes this.
  5. fixer

fixer Chief Architect

Jan 28, 2016
    Captain
    Perry Co. Regiment
    State:
    OH

I use Facebook for recruitment and advertising , they will not allow me to run an ad for the new site they have blocked it 3 times now

ImTexan likes this.
  6. ImTexan

ImTexan I just use a 12g

Feb 12, 2017
    State:
    TX

I have posted on Gab several times about this site. I will continue to do so.

Attached Files:

fixer likes this.
  7. fixer

fixer Chief Architect

Jan 28, 2016
    Captain
    Perry Co. Regiment
    State:
    OH

new site is doing good ! thanks everyone