• The Definitive Militia Resource - Forum, Groups, Directory, Maps, Gallery and More...
Hello Guest,
Have a membership? Please LOG IN.
Need a membership? Please REGISTER.

Reporter from new Illinois Magazine Looking to Interview militia groups...

Discussion in 'Illinois Militia Network' started by Robert Kluver, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Robert Kluver

Robert Kluver Sympathizer

Mar 19, 2016
    American Militia Association (Founder & CEO)
    State:
    PA

I have been contacted by a Jack Persons of "Illinois Monthly Magazine" an apparent new magazine or website wishing to write an article about Illinois militia groups.

Here is a copy of the message I received:
    I have spoken with Jack and while I'm not 100% comfortable because the website is in a coming soon status, I told him I would do what I could to put the word out about his interest. He provided me with the following phone number and email address:

415-794-4397 and jackhpersons@gmail.com

-RK / American Militia Association

2. Skillet

Skillet Administrator

Apr 10, 2016
    Commander
    Arkansas Spartans
    State:
    AR

I did some digging and everything I found would turn me off. This is what I found after a cursory glance:

- Their Facebook page was setup on the 26th of October. No real posts.
    - Their website is hosted on Wix, low end hosting. Their domain likewise has protected registrar, not normal for a publication.
    - The parent company (Pinnacle Publishing LLC) was contracting journalists folks recently as well. Here's the job announcement to give you an idea of what kind of mag they want to run: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Pinnacle...5179f182f9?q=A+Monthly+Entertainment+Magazine

In my experience no media has ever given any militia a fair shake. Even the ones that have attempted to have done more harm than good, simply because sensationalism sells. And if they have to selectively and creatively edit to achieve that almost to the man they are willing to do so.

GregWrench and BuryTheHatchet like this.
  3. Robert Kluver

Robert Kluver Sympathizer

Mar 19, 2016
    American Militia Association (Founder & CEO)
    State:
    PA

I asked Jack to tell me who has spoken to so far and he responded:
    Can anyone here confirm?

4. BuryTheHatchet

BuryTheHatchet Administrator

Feb 24, 2016
    State:
    IA

This is the truth. Selective editing can twist the story badly.

GregWrench likes this.
  5. Let_Freedom_Ring

Let_Freedom_Ring Jr. Patriot

Mar 7, 2017
    SSG and current ranking Regimental/County leader
    ICVM Indiana Citizens Volunteer Militia
    State:
    IN

Nothing good can come from interviewing with any media. They hold all the cards and once they make you look like a raving maniac with selective editing, its all over, all over the internet and other media sources....

GregWrench likes this.
  6. Skillet

Skillet Administrator

Apr 10, 2016
    Commander
    Arkansas Spartans
    State:
    AR

7. Let_Freedom_Ring

Let_Freedom_Ring Jr. Patriot

Mar 7, 2017
    SSG and current ranking Regimental/County leader
    ICVM Indiana Citizens Volunteer Militia
    State:
    IN

Yup absolutely no reason to go talking to the media, only trouble in the making. Word of mouth recruiting is the most reliable. It may be slower going but brings in a higher percentage of quality and genuine patriot citizens. Don't worry about trying to change people's minds who are never going to change them no matter what you say. Just be patient and find the good ones that are like minded and don't draw excessive attention to your group. You'll just make yourself a target.

GregWrench likes this.
  8. J. COCHRAN

J. COCHRAN Sympathizer

Feb 20, 2017
    State Commander
    Irregulars of Ohio
    State:
    OH

I would be on the cautious side. We have implemented a policy in our organization where any requests must go to our G -5 Public Information Officer where any requests are made, they will obtain all information as to why, purposes, persons requesting info, their contact info, etc. Then it will be passed on to State Commander and to the Irregulars Organization Command prior to talking to anyone. At any event, ONLY 1 COMMAND STAFF OFFICER will speak to any press if nescessary, no one else is permitted to. All personal interviews by media must be approved before hand and questions / content reviewed to ensure accruate information is passed out. We have had a articles done on us ...1 by the University of Virginia and is in their library on campus and the 2nd one is in FORWARD MAGIZINE JULY 2017 -- HOW A JEW IN OHIO MILITIA PREPARES FOR ARMAGEDDON. just make sure you have your ducks in a row if you decide to something. As paint your organization ash a community based group --- do community projects , get th e community trust --- goes a long way.

9. J. COCHRAN

J. COCHRAN Sympathizer

Feb 20, 2017
    State Commander
    Irregulars of Ohio
    State:
    OH

Never allow them to associate you with THE OLD SCHOOL MILITIA...GET OUT OF THE OLD SCHOOL WOODLAND CAMOS .....THIS is THE NEW DAY MILITIA ---- DOING BOOTS ON THE GROUND MISSIONS --- Border Protection / Etc. Wearing new style uniforms --- everybody in your units -- dont mix match uniforms again if photos are taken shows your not a professional group, looks goes a long way, no cigarettes in mouths , no flashing 3 % signs , look professional, it goes a long way .... only my opinon, just like an asshole everybody has one..