• The Definitive Militia Resource - Forum, Groups, Directory, Maps, Gallery and More...
Hello Guest,
Have a membership? Please LOG IN.
Need a membership? Please REGISTER.

The Importance of Standards in a Group

Discussion in 'Tactical - Operations, Methods & Maneuvers' started by Quietsurvivalist, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Quietsurvivalist

Quietsurvivalist Advisor

Mar 17, 2016
    State:
    AZ
    This post is different because I really don’t care what you decide to use for group equipment or levels of Physical Fitness. What I do want to talk about are the reasons I and those who are around me decided to have high expectations of ourselves and our equipment.

Standards
    Standards are important not just from a perspective of ” This Gear is Best” but also as a determination of effort.

How committed is someone to the group?

Can this person be disciplined to exercise on a schedule and maintain a level of endurance so they are not a burden?

Can their family do the same?

How much effort are they willing to put forth to benefit all in both time and money?

Read more here http://quietsurvivalist.com/importance-standards-group/

GregWrench likes this.
  2. Cliff Hanger

Cliff Hanger Constitutionalist

Nov 24, 2017

Spot on!

3. Skillet

Skillet Administrator

Apr 10, 2016
    Commander
    Arkansas Spartans
    State:
    AR

I'd push this further and state standards for training and performance must be established and adhered to. If a person has 3k worth of rifle and can't hit the side of a barn with it they really aren't bringing anything to the table. Likewise that 75 lb. ruck is worthless if you can't carry it more than 100 yards. So gassed you can't fight after sprinting 100 yards? etc...

4. Cliff Hanger

Cliff Hanger Constitutionalist

Nov 24, 2017

Yeah that's the things that separate the warriors from the wanna be's