Did the "king's" bill for him and future presidents to declare martial law anywhere, anytime for any reason get passed thru? I thought I heard that it did. If so we better stock up on everything.

Thanks.

This was signed in March of 2012, so it is not new. Some alarms come up while reading that order, especially if one considers the cumulative effects of this action. Some items seem harmless, and others are potential threats. When taken as a whole, this order could have serious implications if operated under the directive of questionable intent.

in section 201...

(e) The Secretary of each resource department, when necessary, shall make the finding required under section 101(b) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2071(b). This finding shall be submitted for the President's approval through the Assistant to the President and National Security Advisor and the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism. Upon such approval, the Secretary of the resource department that made the finding may use the authority of section 101(a) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2071(a), to control the general distribution of any material (including applicable services) in the civilian market.

And then again in 303..

Sec. 303. Additional Authorities. (a) To create, maintain, protect, expand, or restore domestic industrial base capabilities essential for the national defense, the head of each agency engaged in procurement for the national defense is delegated the authority of the President under section 303 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093, to make provision for purchases of, or commitments to purchase, an industrial resource or a critical technology item for Government use or resale, and to make provision for the development of production capabilities, and for the increased use of emerging technologies in security program applications, and to enable rapid transition of emerging technologies.

b) Materials acquired under section 303 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2093, that exceed the needs of the programs under the Act may be transferred to the National Defense Stockpile, if, in the judgment of the Secretary of Defense as the National Defense Stockpile Manager, such transfers are in the public interest.

And in Section 308...

(a) procure and install additional equipment, facilities, processes, or improvements to plants, factories, and other industrial facilities owned by the Federal Government and to procure and install Government owned equipment in plants, factories, or other industrial facilities owned by private persons;

Section 501...

Sec. 501. National Defense Executive Reserve. (a) In accordance with section 710(e) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2160(e), there is established in the executive branch a National Defense Executive Reserve (NDER) composed of persons of recognized expertise from various segments of the private sector and from Government (except full time Federal employees) for training for employment in executive positions in the Federal Government in the event of a national defense emergency.

(d) The head of each agency with an NDER unit may exercise the authority under section 703 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2153, to employ civilian personnel when activating all or a part of its NDER unit. The exercise of this authority shall be subject to the provisions of sections 501(e) and (f) of this order and shall not be redelegated.

(e) The head of an agency may activate an NDER unit, in whole or in part, upon the written determination of the Secretary of Homeland Security that an emergency affecting the national defense exists and that the activation of the unit is necessary to carry out the emergency program functions of the agency.

Sec. 801. Definitions. In addition to the definitions in section 702 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2152, the following definitions apply throughout this order:

(a) "Civil transportation" includes movement of persons and property by all modes of transportation in interstate, intrastate, or foreign commerce within the United States, its territories and possessions, and the District of Columbia, and related public storage and warehousing, ports, services, equipment and facilities, such as transportation carrier shop and repair facilities. "Civil transportation" also shall include direction, control, and coordination of civil transportation capacity regardless of ownership. "Civil transportation" shall not include transportation owned or controlled by the Department of Defense, use of petroleum and gas pipelines, and coal slurry pipelines used only to supply energy production facilities directly.

The problem with these bills is this:

The majority of our military is not going to obey an executive order to enforce martial law or weapon confiscation. The only "force" I see trying to enforce martial law is United Nations. Even then, they would have to execute on a huge, wide spread grid simultaneously which will never happen. Why? Because, armed americans out number the UN force. Also, keep in mind the majority of our Americans are former military that is heavily armed & trained.

Am I saying the current administration won't try it? No...because they have pulled some pretty dumb shit already. What I am saying is, the chances of them trying it is very slim & if they do, ultimately they will lose the battle & the war.

Honestly, what I see destroying this country soon is a economy collapse. That is where people will kill one another just for survival.

I'm very pro Military and Law Enforcement. I come from both sides of the house, and currently work around Military here in Afghanistan.

With that being said....and I hate to say this.......When push comes to shove there will be more Military and Police that do follow the order than you would think. When it comes to their pay check and being able to support their families they will do what has to be done to keep their kids from starving. Remember we are talking about a time when the life and ways as we know it are over. Some will stay with a sure means of support in a time when things have turned to crap.

I'm not saying this to be an ass. I would love to say that all Military and Police would stand up for what is right, but times have changed. I am saying this because I have heard acquaintances in both job fields make comments that would shock you. It has sure surprised me.

You might not agree with me because this is a touchy subject, but it is a thought that should be kept in the back of the mind.

• Like 1

Good points gentlemen. This order is now four years old, and I wonder what progress it has made towards its goals. The order allows the government to purchase and stockpile any necessary equipment and supplies (food, arms, ammo, etc.) in advance of an emergency, plus it can override and halt any civilian contract production and steer it towards NDRP contract production. The government could dry up that market immediately and choke off the civilian market. All funding is guaranteed through the Federal Reserve before and during an emergency. In the potential event of economic collapse triggering this, those who work for this NDRP group will be guaranteed paid. This order also allows federal control of all methods of transportation, state and private, in the event of the emergency. The NDRP provides for emergency teams to be set up in advance, and also allows for hire of civilians when needed. We may see teams of mercenaries and other civilians for hire that will follow the NDRP executive leader. Potentially not law enforcement nor militiary persons. This group could be something akin to Hitler's SS, which started off as his personal bodyguards, and then grew to a paramilitiary force with no heart and soul in the performance of its duties.

So now more troops to go to Syria, China not taking US dollars with the likelihood that other countries to follow, Japan may do negative interest rates, troop build ups in other European areas. And a report that ISIS may likely do an attack on the US before the elections to compromise them.

Collapse, chaos, food shortage, more reasons for martial law. Cuba now a "friend", with 250,000 troops ready to "help" us.

I am trying to bring these things to people's attention, although it is a little late to start to prepare, but at least I can help some of the "sheep" to open their eyes.

It IS coming. God help and watch over us.

Stay Vigilant, Be Prepared.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Tazz, you speak the truth. My family is in LE, and I worry about (1.) my LEO family members having to make that decision, and (2.) the possibility that I may have to face them from the other side. My family means everything to me but there will be decisions that must be made by all of us as to where we stand. I can only hope that I can convince them that standing together to defend freedom is more important than a paycheck from a corrupt government.

I still disagree...I do not feel our military or law enforcement will uphold corrupt, illegal orders of such stated above.

AIM01 I hope you are right. I was passing on things I have heard from current Law Enforcement and Military (which includes my daughter). There is a different mind set there than when we were serving. I saw the changes in thought when I got out in 2012.

Again I hope you are right and I am wrong.........

Sorry, I just reread your first post, and I agree with you. I do not see the US declaring Martial Law as the big problem we face. I think there will be other things that we will have to worry about.

In my post I was addressing a specific statement about how certain people might respond if a situation happened. I was not saying that was what would happen.

• Like 1