We have a difference in opinion of whether a Militia may organize or not within Louisiana. Under title 29 of the Revised Statutes of Louisiana, we are all part of the Louisiana Unorganized Militia, RS 29:6. But.... RS 14:117.1 prohibits paramilitary organizations for the purpose of training to use firearms for a criminal purpose.

It can be easy to portray any militia to be a paramilitary organization, waiting to take on the federal government. How do we either remedy this or work around this?

It's almost the same wording as the Oregon laws. If you clearly state in your unit literature that you are not doing all the illegal acts then it's legit. We dug into this for a while. Some rullings also may apply as far as certain things on uniforms or patches to stay within the law.

My big concern, even stating we are not doing anything illegal, and toeing the line at unit training, the law can still harrass us. As for unit patches, I've not seen anything showing any requirements about them. Besides the Geneva Conventions and the Law of Land Warfare, there isn't a lot to ours about it. I'm curious where to look towards that.

Get in good with local LEOs if possible. You'd be surprised how cool they can be when you show them your not planning crazy shit. Or if they are very douchey about it just find a nice quiet spot for training. If you really have to switch to airsoft or even Nerf guns for stuff that doesn't require actual shooting. Don't give them anything to hit you with.

As far as the Patch and Uniform stuff goes it's per state. For us it has to do with having "Oregon" somewhere on the patch. But this is not the rule everywhere.

I advocate teaching with airsoft anyways. Its a helluva lot cheaper for force on force training than using sim rounds.

Forgive my ignorance as I'm new here, but isn't the fact that we have laws impeding like minds to organize and train the definition of tyranny? At the risk of sounding like an anarchist, the law only creates more outlaws. The powers that be in this country have intentionally passed laws that make it difficult for localized militias to organize in any meaningful way so that when the time comes to overthrow those criminals they maintain the advantage. It's my personal opinion that when the laws directly contradict the Constitution, then those laws are illegitimate regardless of the court that upholds them. The laws are corrupt, and the courts that uphold them are equally corrupt.

The U.S. Constitution cites a "well regulated militia" being necessary to the security of a free state. The term "regulated" means well-trained and prepared. It doesn't mean regulated by law as we tend to use the term today. I realize that many of those here come from a law enforcement or military background, but surely at some point you have to realize that this country has no hope of being restored without breaking some of the current laws.

Stay within the law where possible, but where not possible, go underground.