I just watched a youtube video concerning a "Bug Out Bag" stored in a GI Butt Pack. I like the the idea, but I hesitate to call it a Bug Out Bag. To me, it's more a last ditch kit, or a souped up EDC kit/Tactical Kit. It contained the standard items, so it wasn't particularly special, but I want to know your thoughts on the idea.

Do you, or would you prep a butt pack to attach to your tactical gear?

Do you, or would you prep a butt pack to attach to your tactical gear?

I have the Butt Pack I use it to carry any last minute specialty items that may arise depending on the unique locations I may be in. I do not use it to carry any line items. Back in the day it carried a Poncho, Sox, chemlights, a gutted MRE, extra 550 cord, and Red Man.

This past July I worked a TSE and the pack came in handy for keeping all of the expendable items like nitrile gloves and scale markers/tags separate from my go bag. My Tactical Tailor has all of the molle loops so I can just hook it there instead of on the ol alice rig.

I carry extra gear in mine, currently. Its where I have spare parts for my firearm, a more robust cleaning kit/tools, spare ammo. I throw my extra hearing protection in if I'm going to the range.