Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
News Feeds

Chili challenge burns hole in man's throat

Recommended Posts

(SMH) An American man took on one of the world’s hottest chillis, the notorious “ghost pepper”, in a recent eating competition but the outcome was far from a win.

 

After eating a hamburger laced with ghost pepper puree, the man began vomiting and retching violently. Suffering from severe abdominal pain he was admitted to hospital where doctors discovered a 2.5-centimetre hole in his oesophagus.

 

The chili eater underwent emergency surgery and spent 23 days in hospital.

 

Continue reading...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

Your Privacy Is Important To Us Learn More: Privacy Policy