Jump to content

Quietsurvivalist

The Importance of Standards in a Group

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheBlackCat said:

I wasn't suggesting everyone should or must  join a larger group per se,  but if all groups work together and or get together in times of need, especially groups in close proximity, there is strength in numbers.  The knowledge and skill pool gets larger and self apointed leaders will have to get over it and work with the other group to decide who is in charge of what, and certainly the groups can divide up and designate tasks, plan etc.  Even just having the groups communicating with each other would be of great importance.  There are many SHTF situations, not just one, so the ability to be flexible, fluid and work with other personalities without being a self appointed king of the hill is an important ability.   All situations will require leadership in some way and more than one leader in different capacities at times.  This is why Communicaton is so important and all groups should be strong in thier on right.  I don't think in most SHTF situations the size of footprint makes too much difference.  I can't see any reason groups woud capture each other.  I would hope most people have the same goals and we don't end up in an  "Apocalypse Now" situation. 

Ever see what we did to the Isis teams.  Of course you capture them for Intel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capturing one of your own militia groups that are fighting for the same US Constitution and American families?  I don't see that, unless it's an everyone gone rogue situition. 

I'm not talking about ISIS here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TheBlackCat said:

Capturing one of your own militia groups that are fighting for the same US Constitution and American families?  I don't see that, unless it's an everyone gone rogue situition. 

I'm not talking about ISIS here.

You think every milita group is fighting for the same thing?  I would bet that half would turn on the population and attack and loot. 

 

Just look psm on you tube or groom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they wanted to play private security and get paid . So much for working with the people.  Those groups would turn on the population and demand payment for security when time comes  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I def can see that with certain group

s.see what I'm trying to do here is raise money but it never involves anyone in my group i just work a job or 2 just to put in the funds ever now and again I think money drives away alot of us middle class guys cause of there's an exspection to donate like most have dues and you gotta have a gun i say boo on that if you join a militia the militia needs to have them thing for you.and I didn't mean to add this vid.and don't no how to take it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Megatron said:

You think every milita group is fighting for the same thing?  I would bet that half would turn on the population and attack and loot. 

 

Just look psm on you tube or groom

I don't use youtube frequently, never heard of groom and I don't use facebook.  And No I don't think every milita group on the planet is fighting for the same thing. 

Unfortunatly,  I did assume that most "We the People" citizens of the USA milita groups,  especially on this site, would be generally be fighting  to keep our families safe, our Country and Constitution in tact, and survive to continue on.  And yes,  basically for the same common cause.  I am not including idiots like Antifa in that assumption.  Guess I was terribly wrong,  because it seems to me that instead of fighting for our Constitution, families, communities and God given rights;  many groups  do intend on being dangerous, greedy and off the deep end.  I guess it's an inevitable fact.   So be it.  I will try to be prepared for that!  And yet,  I still belive that most militas should try to stay in Communication if they are of similar thinking and try to keep our constitution and values together in some way.  Everyone out for themself, and it's a fact some will be, will end badly and nothing positive is gained and the USA is no more.  That is something I would like to keep from happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be steered back to the OP. 

Standards where the topic and every serious group should have challenging standards in place. Physical, technical, and tactical proficiency should all be in it. Making up scenarios future scenarios to justify lax standards will get you dead. Guys who can't cut it can always help with the varied other tasks of supporting a group. The biggest think is holding everyone accountable. No cronyism with your buddy's friend who's hooking you up with a sweet deal on something either. People WILL find out you slid s guy through and then your postion as a leader gets a giant brick of that foundation of trust knocked out of it. And if you are the group honcho you need to lead from the front and pass those standards as well. Set the example and others will follow you. You also will increase the likelyhood of more squared away guys joining your group. Nobody who knows a thing or two about light infantry/guerilla warefare will join a group lead by a fat ass, shit shooting, non battle drill knowing couch commando. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basicly the ar15 platform is pretty much a easy go to rifle for most people.  A plate carrier that's rugged enough to have a working drag handle and drag a 250lb man isn't always cheap.   

I think most groups you can get away with a ar15 mags and a chest rig or some sort.    Build it from their and move on.  Plenty use the bofangs as a field radio and sure it seems to work ok.

 

A basic ar15 runs 500 or less with irons. That alone should run you just fine until you can get a red dot.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SPECTRE 6 said:

This should be steered back to the OP. 

Standards where the topic and every serious group should have challenging standards in place. Physical, technical, and tactical proficiency should all be in it. Making up scenarios future scenarios to justify lax standards will get you dead. Guys who can't cut it can always help with the varied other tasks of supporting a group. The biggest think is holding everyone accountable. No cronyism with your buddy's friend who's hooking you up with a sweet deal on something either. People WILL find out you slid s guy through and then your postion as a leader gets a giant brick of that foundation of trust knocked out of it. And if you are the group honcho you need to lead from the front and pass those standards as well. Set the example and others will follow you. You also will increase the likelyhood of more squared away guys joining your group. Nobody who knows a thing or two about light infantry/guerilla warefare will join a group lead by a fat ass, shit shooting, non battle drill knowing couch commando. 

 

that's really true cool and funny.I just wanted to explain my laughing smiley face dude in the corner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Let_Freedom_Ring said:

Do Handicapped People Have Value in SHTF?

Well everyone loves the marines so sure.

 

On a serious note some of them are the hardest working guys I know.  They have a place in our group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do y'all know what retard strength is...I think there abnormally strong well some of them and yeah I've seen a ton of asvab waivers and there out there head down shut up and work people obviously not all but help everyone in a shtf situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×