fixer

Young Earth Creationism

This is complicated. I personally believe "God created the heavens and the earth".-- Genesis 1:1.... "The earth was void and without form." -- Genesis 1:2

"Created" is past tense and implies a finished work yet in verse 2 we see the earth incomplete yet the heavens were not also incomplete.

The question is not only what happened between verses 1 & 2 but how long did it take to happen?

Jesus stated He beheld Satan fall to Earth. Is this what destroyed the earth to the point God had to repair it? How long had the earth been populated and with who... with what?

We know there were ancient ANCIENT civilizations on the earth as far back as 25,000 years ago. even prior to the last ice age. Could all this have happened between verse 1 & 2?

We know modern man appeared on the earth fully created about 5 or 6 thousand years ago. We know the "Theory of Evolution" has been completely debunked with the decoding of DNA & RNA. The only explanation for how this could be, completed Cro-Magnon, just appeared... is via God creating man.

I have to finish this later...

ImTexan, I'm convinced that we are created in the image of our God.

What I believe to be true is too lengthy to discuss here, but basically; God spoke everything into being. Before "we" were created there were "people" on this planet.

For those who do not know, science is a laudable thing for Christians. God says for us to study the "science" of Him.

Real science has never been at odds with the Bible.

Rock on, man!

• Like 2

I agree Chris. I was watching "Missing Links" on the Amazon channel "Gaia" and one of the most amazing things came in episode 10 .. that when the numbers associated with the periodic table are matched to the letters of the make up of DNA (carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen...) every strain of DNA starts with the words, "God eternal in the body".

One of the coming revelations (probably this year or next... but I think before 2020) is going to be the "discovery" of alien life, beings from other planets. This is going to rock some people, Christians, to their core..."How could Jesus have died for them?".. "Was Jesus sacrificed over and over on each planet to save them?"..."Does this mean there is no real Jesus?" etc...

My reply is, these aliens are the Fallen Angels and since they are not redeemable ... Christ never had to die to save them. Christ died to save US... made in His image... He and God are the same ... (John 1:1-2) ... The aliens can come... but it will never shake my faith in who Yeshua HaMashiach is.

You and I are agreed. The Bible tells us "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber."

Those who they might find are not born of woman.

Satan was cast down, those who followed Satan have no place to go. So their spirits are trapped here until the final battle.

There's some really cool stuff out there. Too bad the Godless have the loudest voice right now.

• Like 2