Militia3006

Ammo, Your Favorite, or What You got.

I Guess everyone to each his own. Most of my experience with ammo over my 66 years of life and 54 years of shooting. From a BB gun to an 8 in self Propelled Howitzer. From one shot one kill. To one shot 12 kills. From the .22 .38/.357 .45acp .44mag 7.62x25 .223/5.56 30/30 7.62x51/308Win 30-06/7.62x63 7.92/8mm .300 Win Mag and .35 Rem. 12ga with Slugs. Does anyone out there use the 7.62x54R? for hunting? Or the 7.62x39? Or 303Brit? 6.5 x55 Swed.Or 7.5x55 Swiss, which is an awesome piece, that action is clockwork. Or the Argentine 7.65. What were your results or performance with what types and manufacturers of Ammo. I also liked the M39 the Finnish Nagant in 7.62x54R. never shot a deer with it. Some of my best brands were Privi-partizan best price, flawless performance. Sellier and Bellot next best, Wisconsin Cartridge, A Commercial reloader. PMC, Wolf, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Golden Bears loaded kinda hot, it really bellered out of the M1. Winchester U.S. in the white boxes. UMC, Lake City, Or Winchester, Soft points, Remington core-Loc. and Hornady. Kind have been staying away from steel case ammo too. heard it was hard on extractors. Cabela's sells or used to sell a brand with steel case, Herters was the name watched video on you tube were a fella blew up his M-1 on that brand in 30-06. Cabelas paid for the gun. So if you have any experience hunting with some of the rounds I mentioned or have a pet peeve. I'd like to know more about the 6.8 or 6.5 Creedmore too. Keep Your Powder Dry, and God Bless

• Like 1

Wow, that's great. Better man than I am Gunga Din. You like the performance? Not familiar with ballistics and bullit weights?

It is awesome ... Upon my research for a long range gun i discovered that most the long range guys use the 6.5MM creedmoor because they say it's "Ballistically

Coefficient" the only other (practical) cartridge thats hanging with it (in the long range shooting crowd) is the .338 Lapua Magnum if you can afford to build such a beast. The Ruger Predator is a great budget rifle they have a precision model in 6.5mm creedmoor but they are very hard to find.

Sadly freedom group has all but ruined many brands we hold dear...

REMINGTON

BUSHMASTER

REMINGTON MILITARY

REMINGTON LE

MARLIN FIREARMS

H&R 1871

DAKOTA ARMS

TAPCO

DPMS / Panther Arms

PARKER GUNMAKERS

BARNES BULLETS

ADVANCED ARMAMENT

PARA USA

REMINGTON PMPD

MOUNTAIN KHAKIS

REMINGTON 1816

The quality isn't there , your better off buying an older version than a new one in almost every case

I Guess everyone to each his own. Most of my experience with ammo over my 66 years of life and 54 years of shooting. From a BB gun to an 8 in self Propelled Howitzer. From one shot one kill. To one shot 12 kills. From the .22 .38/.357 .45acp .44mag 7.62x25 .223/5.56 30/30 7.62x51/308Win 30-06/7.62x63 7.92/8mm .300 Win Mag and .35 Rem. 12ga with Slugs. Does anyone out there use the 7.62x54R? for hunting? Or the 7.62x39? Or 303Brit? 6.5 x55 Swed.Or 7.5x55 Swiss, which is an awesome piece, that action is clockwork. Or the Argentine 7.65. What were your results or performance with what types and manufacturers of Ammo. I also liked the M39 the Finnish Nagant in 7.62x54R. never shot a deer with it. Some of my best brands were Privi-partizan best price, flawless performance. Sellier and Bellot next best, Wisconsin Cartridge, A Commercial reloader. PMC, Wolf, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Golden Bears loaded kinda hot, it really bellered out of the M1. Winchester U.S. in the white boxes. UMC, Lake City, Or Winchester, Soft points, Remington core-Loc. and Hornady. Kind have been staying away from steel case ammo too. heard it was hard on extractors. Cabela's sells or used to sell a brand with steel case, Herters was the name watched video on you tube were a fella blew up his M-1 on that brand in 30-06. Cabelas paid for the gun. So if you have any experience hunting with some of the rounds I mentioned or have a pet peeve. I'd like to know more about the 6.8 or 6.5 Creedmore too. Keep Your Powder Dry, and God Bless

My wife hunts with 762.54R. Hunting cartridges were really hard to find for it but last year i came up with two boxes of soft points at a local gun show. Cant remember the bullet weight but i think it was164gr. First deer she took using them was a front shoulder shot. Bullet took off the hit leg from the shoulder down and did just about the same to the other one. So i would only recommend them For much larger game or predatory game you need to take out of commission quickly. On the other hand, using the steel cased fmj target rounds by wolf to take down deer the weapon performs pretty closely to my 06 winchester power maxes. The deer never make it far and internally, while enough to kill quickly doesnt leave you with a mess of chewed up meat. The only thing i dont like about it is that the rounds will pass through the deer and keep going with enough force to kill again. If your shooting on your own land and know the area well, know there arent any other hunters thats one thing. But on stateland or in unknown terrain youve got to pick your angles and back drops a bit more carefully. Not that you shouldnt do so anyway. Oh and typically i avoid Remington ammo, they use real dirty powder anymore. In a pinch id rather have that then nothing but in a semi auto your going to end up needing to clean alot more often to avoid jamming. Save it for your break barrel or bolt action if youve got one

For me here in Wisconsin most of my shooting is 300 yards and under. Yes I own Remington Marlin and Bushmaster. All were made before Freedom Arms must have took them over. I read the Article in Fire Arms News about building the 6.5 on an AR frame. Thanx for the comeback.

For me here in Wisconsin most of my shooting is 300 yards and under. Yes I own Remington Marlin and Bushmaster. All were made before Freedom Arms must have took them over. I read the Article in Fire Arms News about building the 6.5 on an AR frame. Thanx for the comeback.

Ive got a savage axis 30-06, been using the same rounds for long distance shooting for the last 8 years or so. I fired the last round in the box this past season. They were hand loads my uncle made before he passed away so i cant get anymore. You got any recommendation on a good mid weight long distance round for that cal. ?

My wife hunts with 762.54R. Hunting cartridges were really hard to find for it but last year i came up with two boxes of soft points at a local gun show. Cant remember the bullet weight but i think it was164gr. First deer she took using them was a front shoulder shot. Bullet took off the hit leg from the shoulder down and did just about the same to the other one. So i would only recommend them For much larger game or predatory game you need to take out of commission quickly. On the other hand, using the steel cased fmj target rounds by wolf to take down deer the weapon performs pretty closely to my 06 winchester power maxes. The deer never make it far and internally, while enough to kill quickly doesnt leave you with a mess of chewed up meat. The only thing i dont like about it is that the rounds will pass through the deer and keep going with enough force to kill again. If your shooting on your own land and know the area well, know there arent any other hunters thats one thing. But on stateland or in unknown terrain youve got to pick your angles and back drops a bit more carefully. Not that you shouldnt do so anyway. Oh and typically i avoid Remington ammo, they use real dirty powder anymore. In a pinch id rather have that then nothing but in a semi auto your going to end up needing to clean alot more often to avoid jamming. Save it for your break barrel or bolt action if youve got one

Thanx, Privi- Partisan makes a 150 grn. brass case as does Wolf gold, and Sellier and Bellot. Still never tried it on anything with a pulse, Try Midway, or Graf and Sons, Ammo to Go Here in Wis. cant use FMJ for hunting. Sounds awesome though.

Ive got a savage axis 30-06, been using the same rounds for long distance shooting for the last 8 years or so. I fired the last round in the box this past season. They were hand loads my uncle made before he passed away so i cant get anymore. You got any recommendation on a good mid weight long distance round for that cal. ?

I Shoot an M-1 Garand so I shoot 147 to 168 grn bullets. 147 to 150 grn FMJ for SHTF and 168 Sierra game kings for hunting, an Commercial, Winchester ,or Rem core locs 150 grn. In my bolt actions I went as high as 180 grns but you give up some range. In Wisconsin again farm country you'll get those field shots out to 300 or plus yards. In the north woods 50-150 yrds. As far a powder goes I'm not a reloader so I don't know all the brands, and measures. My Friend dabbles in it. Who also owns an M-1. Loaded the 168 grain game kings for me,and said he loaded them for a M-1. So I assume they were downloaded from Performance Commercial specs. With my bolt action I sited them in 1 in higher at 100 to shoot the 180s that was for the .06 and 300 win mag. Thanx maybe someone else knows more......