[ATTACH=full]1479[/ATTACH]

That is really impressive. We learned a similar technique years ago . If you don't know how to lash properly , it is fairly difficult to build and maintain .

It's really easy. Take 2 sticks approximately the same size and get a couple feet of rope . Go under/over in alternating patterns until the sticks are lashed. After that, doesn't matter how big the sticks or logs are. The pattern is the same .

Thanx Greg...I often "bug out" to my mountain property just outside of Boone, NC. When I go back up there in a couple of weeks, I am going to teach myself to build that and work on it till I get it right. The lashing will take the most practice I am sure.

• Like 1

It does, the best lashing looks like each wrap lies exactly next to the other . Each wrap tightens the last . For bigger applications like shelter, overlappung us key so the neater each layer before it, the easier and mire stable the next layer becomes . Keep in mind, practice your lash until the 2 sticks feel like they are glued together. Once you get there, you have mastered it . Have fun

• Like 1