Early pioneer living has held a special meaning in America. From their first arrivals in the states of Virginia and Massachusetts, early pioneer American settlers continued pushing westward behind a constantly moving frontier.

View the full article

• Like 1

Ive seen that on ZS before I think

most ppl now a days cant even raise a garden or hunt & fish to exist

they assume that if govt hasnt provided it for them than its not needed

its almost the beginnign of an end

• Like 1

I have a garden, hunt, fish, I can track and I can trap. I can tan hides. I can do a great many things. I learned because I wanted to. I practice because I want to. I can't say that I have much faith in future generations. The lack of interest and focus seems like an obvious end to our way of life.

Men aren't just survivors, real men are adventurers. While both knees are shot, my back is in terrible shape and the arthritis gets worse, in a few weeks I'm going on an extensive hike with my nephew. Why go through the pain? Simple, he asked and I will take any open door I can find to pass some of these things on.

Rock on old dogs! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy the simple things but I don't blame people for not having a garden.  Most don't have time or space for it.  It' almost a full time job to have a decent garden  hunting is ruined by the dnr 

• Like 1

Hunting, fishing or just walking in the woods can get a person jammed up.

Gardening on a small scale like vertical gardening can take very little time. I'm self-employed. Sometimes I have plenty of time, sometimes I don't. Either way what I grow is more than what we would've had and better for us. 

• Like 1

^^^check out mini fruit cocktail trees there hardy you just gotta go and pickum when you want them and if times a issue try a self sustaining garden...I'm still not all the way there on mine but it's seems like a good option.

• Like 1