Cliff Hanger

Favorite military movie of all time?

There s so many oldies that are great to like the devils brigade,the bridge over the river kwai,and my favorite oldie the dirty dozen.

• Like 1

Heart break ridge was originally about army rangers.  However marines wanted to show how they lower their standards to make training easier for men.  Thus the movie was changed  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The only thing different from corps to army is recruiting the corps takes people with small drug offences and no high school diploma army wont.you run farther and do more pt in the corps it's a well known fact...hell you probably can wiki it

Edited by Ripcannon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The Green Berets" starring John Wayne.

"The Longest Day"  All Star Cast

"Patton" starring George C. Scott

"PT 109" starring Cliff Robertson

"Saving Private Ryan" starring Tom Hanks, Matt Damon and many more

"Kelly's Heroes" starring Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland, Carol O'connor

Not a movie but a fantastic series, "Band of Brothers"  Starring the men of Easy Company, 509th battalion, 101st airborne infantry.....

• Like 3

I've never understood the fascination with zombies, but we got one guy in our group that lives for the stuff. We worry about him. Ha.

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I've never understood the fascination with zombies, but we got one guy in our group that lives for the stuff. We worry about him. Ha.

Range 15 is the ult pro military movie of all time.

Even the cdc used zombies as a way to prep.

Uncommon Valor.

Kelly's Heros.

Most of the John Wayne war pictures.

Full Metal Jacket, RIP R. Lee

The original Red Dawn

A man could get nostalgic.....

• Like 2

Yeah The original Red Dawn is a classic now. It really gets you to think now more than ever.

• Like 2

K

34 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Yeah The original Red Dawn is a classic now. It really gets you to think now more than ever.

True if this country where to be invaded I would suspect a large group would be thrilled to have new leadership.   The behind every blade of grass theory is long and gone.  Gun ownership is rather low.  Yes we have a lot of guns but most of them are owned by 3 percent of the population.  

You have a tough time getting guard and reserve units to report to duty stations if they think their families will be in danger as well.  

The public has never had to face total war and would be shock and awe for them.  Most would surrender on their knees. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, Ripcannon said:

The only thing different from corps to army is recruiting the corps takes people with small drug offences and no high school diploma army wont.you run farther and do more pt in the corps it's a well known fact...hell you probably can wiki it

When I was in the Corps (50 years ago), at the beginning of each testing session, they would say:  "If you cannot read or write, raise your hand and someone will be appointed to read the test to you."

Not exactly a war movie, but the old flick The Wild Geese remains one of my favorites along with Christopher Walken's Dogs of War.

For realistic scenes, the first part of Saving Private Ryan was eerily realistic.  Battle of the Bulge should make the top 10 and if you liked Lee Ermey, you saw The Siege of Firebase Gloria.  It was Gunny's second best movie (Full Metal Jacket was the epitome of his career.)

Some of the older movies were great in content (not great with the action scenes compared to what we have today), but well worth watching:  To Hell and Back and Sergeant York are two classics you cannot afford to miss.