35yo, male from tooele, ut. Wanting to learn more about tactics, weapons, etc.

Well, i dont know how to answer this completely. No, ive never been in the military, but i am on a milsim team, taught by a 22yr army vet, so i have what he has taught me. I crave learning military tactics, survival skills, etc. As far as life, ive worked construction, drove semis, etc. I may not have a huge amount of skills yet, but i believe i still have a lot to offer. Im not afraid to work at what i want.

• Like 1

Welp trying better then not trying at 35 I'm sure you have some skills practice emergency medical get urself quick clot and as much for big wounds as possible that's what's needed to be honest we have enough gung ho untrained gun buddy's being trained by a combat vet ain't always the best idea we forget to teach the important stuff so make sure you don't just take one person's word really if that's all the advise you listen please take it

Yes def take a course and run some doorways with other people...there's nothing like being shot in the back by friendly fire it's imperative that if your practicing to run with team or big group you no how to not accidentally shoot your buddies I'm a dick like that I won't team up with someone till I know there skills u may say I won't do that but there's well trained mofos out there that done did it.

Fair enough. Are you practicing with real steel? Ive dine room clearing anf outdoor tactics, but only with an airsoft rifle. I like the airsoft rifles because theyre a lot like real steel, they can be anyway. I know theres guys who train with airsoft, have them built identically to their real steel rifle, so the practice can be done cheap and safe, but the transition is easy. Im definitely learning more, but would like to meet up and learn more. Thanks.

I am being re certified in first aid here in a couple weeks. Ill definitely study some combat medical books and such

• Like 2

Yeah I just got into airsof t kinda but it's nothing like a real rifle or pistol there's no room for error with live ammo that's the way to practice real slow with someone watching you really there's no need learn to shoot straight an offer other things any unit will be happy to have you but don't get cocky it's easy to make mistakes and with weapons u can't leave it to the pros so to speak.

Thanks everyone, pleasure to be here. Rip, youre right, learning slow is the way to go. I know there is a lot of guys who are big name people who trade with airsoft rifles. There's quite a bit of difference in airsoft rifles, such as Kwa I have a buddy who has one and it's identical to a real rifle in a lot of ways except it shoots AirSoft pellets instead of bullets I'm not trying to change the way you think of your training, but there are Airsoft rifles that are very similar as Real Steel for training you just can't go buy a Walmart brand Airsoft rifle those are not even close.

• Like 1

Yea I dig that I got 3 airsoft guns that cost 600-1200$ a piece so I kinda no what you mean the drift on the bullets is still pretty wild sometimes.

Ive heard sim rounds are expensive though. Ya airsoft is not an acurate weapon for firing, but theyre good for drills, cqb and doing outdoor tactics. Its for the practice and safety to move through the exercise is all.

• Like 1

I hear you there airsoft is great pt an helps with tactics it's fun.but practicing with live rounds is the way u concisely keep alert careful not to swipe ur own ppl I don't know if it works for you kool.I just prefer live fire.

Sim rounds are more than reg ammo not crazy expensive them airsoft rifle you were talking about in the other hand can get up there

Theres a tactical guru guy with videos on youtube who really talks about the airsoft rifle training. Youre right though, real steel would make you pay attention, i think either is a good way to train. As is not that dangerous, but you can still go through the exercise and learn what and what not to do, but with real steel you learn to pay attention. 

• Like 1