The Resister

Know your Georgia militias

The modern militias of today in the state of Georgia came about in 1987 (unless there is a group I don't know about.)  Not many people attach any importance to the history of these modern civilian militias, but history is an important thing.  So, for those who would like to know a little about this - and for those who can contribute something, by all means do so.

PRIOR to 1987 there existed many survivalist groups.  It was such a big deal that in the 1980s you could go to just about any store and purchase a copy of Firepower magazine.  That magazine had two articles a month on converting two different semi-automatic firearms into full auto (it was legal if you had the requisite government paperwork.)  Survivalists were much more prolific than even preppers are today.

There also existed groups like the Christian Patriots Defense League that was founded in 1976 by John Harrell in Illinois.  They were a precursor to the modern day militias.  

On the political side, you had the KKK, nazis, the John Birch Society, Freemen, tax protesters, Young Republicans Club, "Christian Identity,"  Posse Comitatus, Soverign Citizens, and a host of other factions that were fighting one political battle or another.

In Georgia, throughout the 1980s the KKK was one of the predominant political groups.  In my hometown they would gather around the courthouse and collect donations while passing out their klan newspaper.  And it all culminated in a series of racial protests beginning in 1986 in the town of Cumming, Georgia.  

IIRC, a newcomer to Cumming set up shop teaching Karate and was bothered by the fact that Cumming was all white.  He proceeded to organize rallies  and the citizenry of Cumming responded by forming the Forsyth County Defense League.  It was most political banter going back and forth and the leaders of the Forsyth County Defense League came a county over to recruit yours truly as a spokesman and later Chairman because the civil rights side had Hosea Williams, the heir to the Martin Luther King, Jr. political empire called the Southern "Christian" Leadership Conference.  Not bragging, but few people could match me going up against Hosea Williams.

Then the banter became protests and counter protests.  At one point (25 Jan. 1987) 15,000 civil rights protesters descended on the small town of Cumming.  A week earlier, a smaller contingent of civil rights protesters were run out of town by a mob of whites that included people from the Ku Klux Klan, nazis, and sadly, the Forsyth County Defense League.  

Going into that period, the Forsyth County Defense League hired a Mississippi lawyer to represent their legal interests, but the lawyer (Richard Barrett) was not only advising them on legal matters, but their strategies as well.  And so, along with my out of county contingent volunteers, we submitted written resignations and departed.  Barrett would bring the Forsyth County Defense League under the umbrella of his Nationalist Movement and what I now refer to as the anti-immigrant lobby , which became the precursor to those known as white nationalists and the "Minutemen".  Oddly, while Barrett did not deter his people from participating in the protest of 17 Jan 1987, he did not defend those who would be sued. The white protesters, including leadership in the Forsyth County Defense League lost a million dollar civil rights lawsuit.

So, while the racial thing was playing out in Forsyth County, I was meeting with the Georgia Patriot Network, who sponsored once a month public meetings and was a self described "study group" that invited tax protesters, the John Birch Society, local Republican clubs, etc. to speak on a wide variety of issues.  And so, having worked with a wide array of public figures, the Georgia Patriot Network allowed me to invite my primary mentor, Lt. Col. Gordon "Jack" Mohr to speak.  Mohr was the first American captured during the Korean "Conflict" and was beaten, tortured, then sentenced to death only to escape and return to not only fight, but write manuals on psychopolitics and brainwashing.  When he left the military, he was a featured speaker on the John Birch Society circuit.

And so, when Mohr came to town, he and I met with about a dozen or so other guys to discuss matters.  The racial groups were about as worthless as tits on a boar hog; the John Birch Society only wanted to meet, eat and retreat once a month; survivalists were spread out all over the place with no way of communicating nor having any over-all plan to help defend America. What came out of that meeting was a plan to start a civilian militia in much the same way our forefathers had.  That meeting became the basis of the speech that Mohr delivered at the Georgia Patriot Network meeting and by the next week the Militia of Georgia was formed and ready to begin.

Okay, I'll stop and let you digest this as there were other militia groups all the way up to the present we are going to talk about some of them.  Just don't want you to have to take this all in with one post.  This pause will let you take a break and come back and learn some more about the history of militias in Georgia... who they are and how they came to be.

Between 1987 and the early 1990s several militia groups sprung up in Georgia, the biggest of them at the time was the Georgia Republic Militia started by Robert Starr.

Starr's militia attracted non-militia organizations (i.e. tax protesters, shortwave radio broadcast stations, Posse Comitatus, etc.)  One of those groups is still in existence, sponsors the Militia of Georgia's last remaining website and gives us our only current public presence.  Starr's group would not last a really long time and by 1996 the government had found a way to go after Starr and his top lieutenants:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1996/04/27/two-militia-members-arrested-in-alleged-bomb-plot-in-georgia/2a868b6e-4f6a-4a55-a605-96c9e3f94b0c/?utm_term=.2eaa982d1f29

One of Starr's co founders, Frank Smith, had jumped ship on him and began the competing Georgia Militia .  This one cannot be confused with the later version that appeared around 2002.  Smith's group would become large in the southern portion of Georgia and not publicly known.  Bear in mind we had no Internet in the late 1980s through the 1990s.  

In those days I had spent quite a bit of time with a couple of the Militia of Georgia officers criss-crossing the state of Georgia in an effort to unify the various militia groups.  In about 1997 the various factions of the Georgia Militia, with Frank Smith's approval, aligned themselves with the Militia of Georgia.  By that time we had identified eleven militia groups and the Georgia Republic Militia and Georgia Militia (most likely) were counted two groups.  That would make a total of fourteen militia groups that existed that we knew about.  The ADL said there were seventeen.

In 1998 the Militia of Georgia participated in a large event that was billed as a survival expo at a place called the Threadmill Mall.  We had three tables at that event.  Showing up to support the effort were Mark Korneke from Michigan, the Trochmanns from the Militia of Montana, Lt. Col. James "Bo" Gritz, Sheriff Richard Mack, and a host of other people too numerous to mention.  Over 12,000 tickets were sold to the event.  No other Georgia based militia group was represented and the Militia of Georgia emerged as the premier militia in the state of Georgia.  Within a month all of the known militias in Georgia had pledged to support our effort to unify the various militias.

At that point, we began holding meetings all over Georgia to get people on the same page with an organizational leadership.  Each militia group was thereafter called a UNIT.  Each UNIT was allowed to have one representative to represent them at statewide meetings to determine the Rules and Regulations that governed all the various groups.  It was called the Rules Committee.  We also embarked upon having a statewide leadership and invited all the groups to nominate a field of candidates.  

That field of candidates was narrowed down to four candidates:  myself,  Robert Cates  (a former Army Ranger), a man whose name escapes me at the moment and Jack Sullivan.  A handbook, an application for membership, and a waiver of liability were introduced and voted on.  Those were approved.  The election was announced.

Cates refused his nomination, saying that he refused to run against me.  I couldn't see him in anything less than a leadership role; he thought I had the administrative experience, so he compromised with me.  He accepted the nomination for the Executive Officer position rather than run against me.  So, the election was held.  I had the most votes followed by the guy whose name escapes me, and Sullivan coming in a distant third.  Of course, Cates got the votes (had he run against me for the C.O. position, I'd have gotten slaughtered.  

But, we finally had an official leadership.  We had a Commanding Officer, an Executive Officer, two Public Relations Officers, Training Officer, and a person that headed up the Rules Committee.  

Now, you see why I have to break this down into separate postings.  More later.

Okay, moving right along.  One of my critics asked why it was such a big deal that the Militia of Georgia is the oldest and most continuous militia in the United States.  I didn't have a really good answer for him until I started this thread.  The value of this thread will help ANYONE in the state of Georgia to avoid making the mistakes I made.  It serves as a guide as to what works and what don't.  It will be of a great benefit to get the facts and get 'em straight so that you can operate without the trouble we did.  Experience is a commodity you cannot buy regardless of the size of your wallet. Anyway, back to the topic at hand:

1998 through 2001 were the glory years for the Militia of Georgia.  We had successfully fought court battles, gotten legislation introduced, gotten more people trained and recruited more people than any militia in the U.S. without ever raising the interest of the ADL, SPLC, or anyone else on the left.  As a citizen militia, we had recruited black people, Jews, Hispanics, lots of different kinds of whites from middle of the road conservative to outright nazi.  We even had foreigners that had become U.S. citizens.  Since the left couldn't hit us with the usual racial allegations, they were SOL.  Our way of figuring it was that if you were a law abiding resident of the state of Georgia, if you could vote then you were qualified to be militia (unless you were one of those public officials that cannot participate in the unorganized militia.)

Our position was then, and as far as I'm concerned is that the Militia of Georgia is the only legitimate citizen militia in Georgia.  The leadership is composed of people that ANY militia member can vote on every two years.  NOBODY was doing that before us; NOBODY since.  It is imperative that you understand what happened to us in order to understand the existing militias since then.

About as fast as we got organized, we had people that wanted control of the Militia of Georgia.  This is the Achilles Heel to every organization out there.  If you've ever been a supervisor on a job, the head of the Parent Teachers Organization or even the head monkey of a militia group, someone else is always convinced that they should be the leader or that they should have most of the say in the organization.  And soooo...

Our first detractors was a Jewish couple by the last name of Shuford that were appointed to be the Public Relations Liaison team.   They complained about prayers at the opening of meetings; were mad that we said the Pledge of Allegiance.  One time they faxed a list of complaints - and this is almost impossible to believe, it totaled 270 + pages.  They would show up at Rules Committee meetings where they had NO business and make demands.  One day they demanded that their Rabbi be allowed to address a meeting.  I nixed the idea.  They were furious.  June Griffin, Chaplain for the East Tennessee Militia addressed us many times.  Why not the Rabbi?  He wasn't a militia member and we have militia meetings for members and public meetings for the public where they are invited to address us openly.  That led to some other problem (of which I can't even recall because they had so many complaints)  But, I called for a tribunal.  My mistake.  They spent two hours filibustering the event and the Rules Committee wanted to take the evening off and render their decision on the next day (Sunday.)

Not feeling confident and not wanting to take that kind of abuse any longer, I wrote out my resignation that I was going to give after making closing remarks in their case.  But, the next day rolled around and the Shuford's must have felt the same toward me.  They got to make closing arguments first.  They tendered their resignations in lieu of closing statements.  Then they proceeded to take down our website and nuke the discussion board, despite the fact that they signed an agreement that once they donated time, effort, money, or anything else to the Militia of Georgia, they forfeited all claims to it.  So, you see some people are not as good as their word.  Footnote:  After two years of paying for the domain name militiaofgeorgia.com I gave it up because I could not afford to pay for something we weren't using.  Now, some dotcom investor wants to sell it back to me for two grand.

About as soon as we were over that situation, we developed another - one so complex and screwed up that, once you understand it, you will recognize it when it happens in any group you belong to.

Our first player is Joe Sims.  He built a second discussion board for the Militia of Georgia.  We'll discuss him as we progress, but right now, let's deal with the other players in the game:  Jack Sullivan and Jaimie Blackstone.  When the two of them joined, I personally introduced them since they lived in the Cobb County area in Georgia.  From Cobb County, north, we had no units at all... but we had over 100 members.  Jack was an aggressive type and since he had his own business, I thought he was a safe bet to lead.  So I organized a meeting in Cobb County and appointed Sullivan as a TEMPORARY Unit Captain,  It was explained to everyone that whenever they decided to pick a leadership, it was their decision.  Sullivan was only temporary until the unit formally picked leaders.  They could accept or reject him.

Jack Sullivan turned out to be a joke.  He went to the place where two county workers from the militia worked and made sure their boss knew it.  A woman named Barbra was one of them.  She was our Secretary Treasurer.  She and her husband resigned due to Jack's actions.  Jaimie would run all over the state claiming to be a "fire marshal."  One day I got a visit from an Army official warning that Jack  had brought uniformed ROTC cadets to militia meetings and he had a report that they even engaged in live fire exercises.  The official told me if he confirmed that part of the story, the whole lot of us would wind up in prison.  Then there was the straw that broke the camel's back when I was informed that Jack and Jaimie had shown up in Kentucky at a Ku Klux Klan rally, claiming to be the leaders of the Militia of Georgia.  Anyway, I  give myself a ten paragraph limit on posts so you'll have to wait until I return to see how this story has influenced the modern versions of the militia in Georgia - and probably in many other states.

• Like 1

I am doing this long winded thread as a public service and to make sure that if you join the militia, these are the pitfalls.  If you're in Georgia, it will alert you to what you're getting into.  Back on point:

Jack Sullivan and Jaimie Blackstone did all manner of evil toward me and we were on the now defunct awrm arguing over it.  One militia leader said he wanted us to meet in his state, jump in the ring and he would sell tickets to benefit the militia.  I was all in.  Jack made a laundry list of excuses.  BTW, he was a foot taller and 65 + pounds heavier than me.  Jack had thrown a fit because the Militia of Georgia opted for the Minuteman patch instead of the old Georgia flag patch containing the Confederate flag in camo.  He blamed me for that, but he was the one who did not attend the meeting and vote to decide that issue.  I'm telling you this so you will see how little things become big things and bad things happen.

Anyway, the straw that broke the camel's back was when Jack began threatening me when I turned him over to the Rules Committee for claiming to be the leader of the Militia of Georgia and representing the organization at a KKK rally.  At that time,  I turned the matter over to the Rules Committee, Scott Royle,  who headed that committee.  Without comment, he summarily discharged Jack and Jaimie.  I can post his name on this board because Jaimie posted her version of events online:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GeorgiaMilitia/conversations/topics/12

I've given my version of events up to this point, but Jaimie's version is a bit slighted.  You need this information because there are some bad people sucking innocent people into bad situations (think jail, think prison, etc.)  Jaimie admits that she and her boyfriend incorporated the name Militia of Georgia.  What they don't tell you is that it was done to keep the real militia from using the name.

Here is where they incorporated the name:

BUSINESS SEARCH RESULTS corver.png
Business Name Control Number Business Type Principal Office Address Registered / Designated Agent Name Status
MILITIA OF GEORGIA, INC. 0216406 Domestic Nonprofit Corporation PO BOX 440561, KENNESAW, GA, 30160, USA JACK SULLIVAN Dissolved

https://ecorp.sos.ga.gov/businesssearch

Let's return to Scott Royle.   I went to the Rules Committee and exercised my option as C.O.  I over-ruled Royle saying that Sullivan and Blackstone were due a tribunal and to be judged by their peers.  IF the Rules Committee had disagreed, a two thirds majority vote would have overridden my call.  Scott Royle tendered his resignation immediately.  The reality is Jaimie had four opportunities to file responses and agree to a date for a tribunal.  She refused.  When her and Sullivan continued to threaten me, I gave them thirty days to respond and they didn't.  So, I signed off on their discharge and downgraded it from General to Dishonorable.  

Now, let's talk about knowing your Georgia Militias.  Remember that name in my earlier post, Joe Sims?  Well now, I've been in the militia for over a decade and a half when Jack Sullivan and Jaimie Blackstone become a problem.  Then, all of a sudden, I lose my job and at least two Confidential Informants are involved.  Contrary to what Jaimie stated, I was not off my probationary period on the job when they gave me keys to the building, access to the safes, and the computer system.  I was the top salesman.  The Georgia Bureau of Investigation admits when they reprimand their agent, that the GBI agent was the one responsible for my firing.  Here is what was said:

"His (the GBI agent's) superiors said he violated GBI policy by sharing information with a civilian and that he "more than likely contributed to, if not caused, the termination of a subject's job because of his association with a particular group with no evidence of a crime being planned or committed, and without consulting a superior..." GBI legal director Mark Jackson wrote."

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/gbi-agent-appeals-transfer-over-gun-store-employee-firing.21068/

Less than a month later David Simon shut down his business and left Georgia.  He realized I had a good case for defamation and would pursue him in my home state.  But, let's continue:

It is obvious WHO the Confidential Informants are.  To end this installment, Joe Sims took Jack and Jaimie's side.  He had access to the discussion board and locked me and the rest of the state leadership out.  He then took our discussion board list and gave it to Jack and Jaimie.  It gave Jack and Jaimie access to some 400 + regular posters and I looked awfully stupid.  You're going to be really surprised to find out how far people will go to control militias and what is going on in Georgia. Stay tuned.  

So my thread is being accessed, but not commented on.  If you're reading this, you are learning what it's like to actually organize / operate a big militia organization though the principles apply from the lowly manager or a small company to the presidency of the United States.  You have to know that Donald Trump is probably facing hundreds of legal actions and the efforts by all kinds of people that want to see him done away with.  Likewise here.  But, as you are about to learn, some people want to wage wars on the militia so badly, they will stop at nothing to get rid of the leaders and anyone that would both join and advance the cause.  Back to the topic.

The Militia of Georgia Inc.  was financed by one branch or another of LEOs (Law Enforcement Organizations.)  By having one person lock the state leadership out of the Militia of Georgia's discussion board and keeping me (as the Commanding Officer) busy with legal actions, Jack and Jaimie thought they had silenced me.  But, I posed the question about their efforts to incorporate the name Militia of Georgia and claim it exclusively.  The State Attorney General's office contacted me with a response.  According to them, you could no more incorporate the name Militia of Georgia than you could United States Army.  

So, they had still not shut me down.  Losing my sales job was no big loss.  I just took on other jobs - fully capable of working for myself.  I lost a couple of years over false allegations made by those "Confidential Informants" and even had to call that so - called "Patriot Act" into question.  Unable to prevail on the exclusive use of the name Militia of Georgia, the Militia of Georgia Inc. was dissolved and it now became the Georgia Militia.  

The next order of business was for the Georgia Militia to recruit people into their militia which was an obvious LEO front was to put on a big recruitment drive and try to impress new members with Humvees and people dressed in the camo of the day.  A few people did not join that organization, but came to the Militia of Georgia and told us what was going on.  One of those guys became the Executive Officer and served out the remaining stint for another XO.  

The Georgia Militia recruited a man by the name of Curt Redmon to infiltrate the Militia of Georgia.  Redmon came to the Militia of Georgia with the best of militia credentials from another state and "wanted to help " - or so he said.  We had just built the area in Cobb county, north to the Tennessee line and had quite a number of members.  So, I entrusted Redmon with a few of the names of organizers in that area so that Redmon was able to steal our members and put them into the Georgia Militia.  And, in doing so, Redmon was able to bring Captain Dan Roberts to the table.  Roberts was the Captain of the Militia of Georgia from the Toccoa unit.  Roberts always liked Jaimie Blackstone and he never wanted her discharged to begin with.  But, they put on a good show for new recruits and Roberts was among those who were naive.

As all of this was going on, I am frantically trying to save the Militia of Georgia officers as I knew already that the Georgia Militia IS a LEO front.  Let's look at the situation from this point forward:

Joe Sims was a proven Confidential Informant, pedophile and was able to get out of a prison sentence setting up militia members:

http://www.dailycitizen.news/news/informant-testifies-in-militia-plot-trial/article_4f4fa318-d8b5-5956-81e6-b6b7997c67cd.html

https://polsci307.blog/2014/02/02/counter-terrorism-by-creating-terrorists/

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a12404/waffle-house-terrorists-0212/

The Georgia Militia is a magnet for people on their way to prison 

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2022636-2,00.html

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/knoxville/press-releases/2011/militia-extremist-convicted-of-attempting-to-cause-a-civil-disturbance-while-armed

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/11/georgia_militia_investigation.html

I'm only posting a few of the instances of where people (most of whom I'd be willing to bet my last dollar never committed a real crime)  somehow end up in legal hot water and the one constant in their lives is an organization called the Georgia Militia.  It's roots are tainted to the core and I'd advise anyone to avoid it.

As for our part, everybody is welcome to our public meetings.  The Georgia Militia does not.  The Militia of Georgia gives every Georgia resident an opportunity to be a part of the militia leadership.  The Georgia Militia does not.  I'm not even allowed to post on their board and I've been IN the militia for over three decades.  People join the Georgia Militia and mysteriously end up in prison.  The Militia of Georgia has been in operation since 1987 and has NEVER lost a member to a jail cell or prison  - we've never even had anyone ARRESTED for militia related activity.  I'm the only person who ever had an issue and, as you can see, even the government admitted in the end, there wasn't even a reason to suspect I had ever committed a crime.  So, now you have the straight skinny on the two major players.  Next up, we'll discuss some of the other players in the militia "movement" in Georgia.

While the Georgia Militia is mostly a LEO front, the biggest player, publicly, is the Georgia Security Force III % and Chris Hill at the helm.  

I have NO first-hand knowledge about these guys.  All I can tell you is what my research bears out and what my own sources tell me.  And they say that Hill is no stranger to controversy.  Here is an example:

https://www.myajc.com/blog/investigations/kansas-terror-plot-georgia-connection/OzIMwv4xFghTaha18JkSQK/

FWIW, Hill denies having the claimed connection to the terrorists that the media claims.  Then you have unknown "Militia adherents" that have referred to Hill as "dangerous" and a publicity seeker."  (see above link.)  I also noticed that the place Hill chose to make his statement was Covington, Georgia.  That is the area Curt Redmon (mentioned earlier) was from when I met him.  Just saying.  The facts are this simple and easy to understand:

If you have ever said Hello to anybody who turns out to be a terrorist; if a terrorist even visits your organization, the media will make a guilt by association connection.  That is why, for three plus decades our organization holds public meetings wherein anybody can visit, but we do not do anything other than talk about recruitment, programs offered, answer questions and discuss public concerns.  Non militia personnel NEVER attend an Field Training Exercise (FTX), network with,  or get involved in projects with other organizations.  One time the Executive Officer of the Militia of Georgia organized an out of state gun rally.  Even our old nemesis the Georgia Militia attended, help people find parking spaces and then claimed they were a part of organizing the event.  

In the case of Chris Hill, he is making dangerous enemies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdywgqExU3s

Just as the controversy between the Militia of Georgia and Georgia Militia has been a divisive issue, so is the squabble between the III% organization and Chris Hill.  I noticed that from the comments in the above link.  Having groups with the same and similar sounding names confuses the public; it angers the people who built an original organization.  It causes the media to accuse BOTH groups of being extremists.  Hopefully this thread will make you stop and think.

Finally, the solutions many organizations  sympathetic to the militia advocate are much more harmful  / counterproductive than they are to a  resolution to the problem.  Many keyboard commandos have used the Internet to bully anyone not walking lockstep with the build the wall - deport 'em all mindset.  Immigration is destroying America, but the solutions (if you can call regression a solution) being employed by those in control and being paraded before you in the news are doing things antithetical to a permanent solution.  Put another way, tact is being able to tell your enemy to go to Hell and make him glad to be on his way.

The only negative thing I say regarding Hill is that another poster asked me in PM what I thought.  Hill was asking for the poster's Socialist Surveillance Number.... I mean "Social Security Number."  This is me speaking to you about that practice.  

When my mother was issued her SSN, it bore the following at the top: NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION.  Your SSN is for taxes.  Giving it to any Tom, Slick, or Harry - who then has access to every portion of your life is not a smart thing to do.  You're handing your financial, medical, dental, educational and "criminal" background information to that person.  Whoa. Wait a minute.  Groups are going to ask for your SSN, conduct a criminal background check relying on the information supplied by a corrupt government (like the denials Hill makes when he says he didn't know certain terrorists) and that is the way our side vets people????    Okay - you know what I know about Chris Hill.  I don't know him and hope that I did not say anything misleading about him.  I would welcome his comments.

If you've read this far, you have more information on the militias in Georgia than anyone else.  

the final group of civilian militias in Georgia of any significant numbers is the Oath Keepers.  I talk about them last because, they are not a civilian militia.  I like a lot about what I read relative to the Oath Keepers; however, their own site inadvertently disqualifies them from being a civilian militia.  Let me quote it for you:

"Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, police, and first responders, who pledge to fulfill the oath all military and police take to “defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

An organization that has current police and military personnel is not a militia.  Besides, they only pledge to support the Constitution.  It is a reaffirmation by the people who have sworn to defend the Constitution and an opportunity for people, who have never served to take an oath alongside those who have.  Other than that, they probably have an eye out for constitutional violations, but don't actually get involved.  There is nothing wrong with that.  If you want to be on a list of patriots the Oath Keepers is a guarantee that you will be counted.  For better or worse, you know what you're promising before you take the oath.

Okay, I'm not on Fakebook or Twitter - or most other social media.  So, there might be dozens of smaller organizations in Georgia that pop up and don't last but a few months.  If you know of other militias in Georgia, please let us know.   

I'm going to give you my own thoughts as a close to this (in my next post) and, hopefully someone will read and learn from this... the left will.  Comments are always welcome.

Addendum:  We did find a small freebie website advertising a militia in Georgia, but their advertising is false.  I was looking for the Wikipedia article and found this:

https://gsmpao.weebly.com/

They advertise as follows:

"We are one of six militias of which we are aware in Georgia, but are the only one of which we know that has submitted to the GA Code and the authority of the Governor's office, making us a true militia."

That is absolutely FALSE.  The Militia of Georgia did that in 1998.  Additionally, their claim that:

"We have been instructed by the Governor to contact and report to the Director of GEMA as necessary. We are an above-board group"  

Personally, I call BS on that as well.  Research them before you sign on the dotted line.  If they found the other militias in Georgia, they had to have found the oldest one.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS:

Unfortunately there is a LOT of misinformation that swirls around regarding "the militia."  Are they legal?  What is their function?  Is one group or another legit?  The Internet hasn't helped much.  For example, in the Militia of Georgia, the state HQ is the administrative nerve center of the militia.  Over the years we have weathered every kind of storm out there and in this thread you have read about the major battles we've had and why.

Some years ago we had an applicant that joined and claimed a lot of useful experience.  He was young and on paper he sounded like the ideal candidate to allow fill an unexpired term as the Executive Officer (second in command) over administrative issues.  His name was Timothy Peckinpaugh.  Peckinpaugh joins, the rules explained and he is a temporary XO pending the completion of a 90 day probationary period.  Right away, Timothy starts posting all over social media - and even on Wikipedia.  Most of what he was posting was absolute B.S.  Then I found out Timothy was B.S. himself.  He had been dishonorably discharged from the Georgia State Defense Force, a volunteer component of the Georgia Dept. of Defense.  

During Peckinpaugh's tenure, he joined with the Georgia Militia and attempted a coup of our organization.  We tried to fix what Peckinpaugh screwed up, but every time I fixed the facts on Wikipedia, Peckinpaugh would remove it and put his own version on the Internet.  Back then, I gave up trying to fix his attacks, but him contacting members, putting out false information about me, etc. was met with a personal visit to his home.  I told his mother why I was there and she understood that he was probably going to get a good old fashioned ass whipping.  So, she begs me to drop the matter and she'll put a muzzle on him.  But, I still allowed the crap on Wikipedia to stand.  Notice how Peckinpaugh, in spite of what we can prove historically, infers that the Militia of Georgia is an offshoot of the Georgia Militia when the converse is true:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Georgia_Militia

With that kind of misinformation and political guerrilla warfare being used, it's hard to get to the truth.  But, we did in this thread.

There is an inherent problem with civilian militias today.  The Second Amendment talks about a well regulated militia AND the Right of the people to keep and bear Arms.  They are two separate and distinct things.  Furthermore, most of us realize that there are at least two separate and distinct governments operating in the United States.  There is a de facto / illegal / unconstitutional government operating out of Washington Wonderland, District of Corruption that is a Federal - Legislative Democracy owned and controlled by elite multinational corporations and then we have the de jure / lawful  government that is a constitutional Republic as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.  

The de facto / illegal government has allowed the United States Supreme Court to legislate from the bench; to overturn its own precedents; to grant powers to Congress that aren't in the Constitution.  The United States Supreme Court, in recent years, has now claimed a power to grant you your Rights. So much for God given unalienable Rights.  Presidents rule by way of Executive fiat, signing a multitude of Executive Orders because Congress don't do their job.  Adding insult to injury, the current militias are happy as a pig in slop when they can go out, dress in camouflage, complain about the government and then be pacified by pretending to be an auxiliary for the Department of Homeland (IN) Security.  And so, militias are a legal entity working within an illegal government, but satisfied with said government if it addresses some of their pet issues - even when such pacifying comes at the expense of the Liberties of the people

At one level, the militia is the Last Line of Defense of a Free Country.  That is the original motto of the Militia of Georgia from 1987 and appears in their first official handbook.  So, if the governor ever called up the militia, his / her first stop would be to call on the leaders of that state's militia.  That isn't practical when some states (like Georgia) have half a dozen organizations that lay claim to the title.  If the militia group you're looking at does not invite opposing militia organizations to the table, you have to ask yourself why.  One militia organization (awrm) let their entire discussion board disappear (probably a decade plus of posts) rather than network with this site.  I can't even quote on militia's position as they block me.  Really?  These silly clubs and LEO fronts must be identified and dealt with.  They are not the militia.

At another level, not only is the militia the people who serve as the last line of defense, but it is used to prevent tyranny in government.  Unfortunately, the founders encouraged the citizenry to exhaust all of their nonviolent legal and political avenues of redress; however, they forgot to tell us with any specificity, HOW to go from citizens that are advocating for change to a nation of patriots that are forced to stand against tyranny when the government is willing to use the POLICE STATE against the people.  Most modern civilian militias try to make this pretentious argument that they are apolitical; everyone's invited; essentially they stand for nothing.  But, if you watch really closely, when they don't like a competing militia, it is ALWAYS because of their stand on one or two political issues.

In my opinion, experience counts.  A militia that has endured for decades and can tell you what they've done to benefit the country, what their current plans are and what they offer in terms of training and FTXs is certainly worth exploring.  Closed militias (those who will not meet publicly with actually communicate with competing militias) are Select Militias and not real militias.  Those that tell you they are apolitical and are not involved in militias are lying to you.  We are all citizens.  Everybody in a militia presumes that they fellow militiaman is with them on political issues.  The problem is in this country is the simple fact that National Socialists captured a few select political stands, dominating them so that NOBODY is allowed to question the proposed solutions or strategies.  So, now you have the facts.  If you have any questions, I'm done preaching about it.

6 hours ago, Megatron said:

Wisconsin has had its militia from the 1600s all the to present. 

First thank you for the first post.  Unfortunately, you took a wrong turn somewhere.  This thread is not about the state of Wisconsin.  It's about Georgia.  I looked it up and Wisconsin did not have a state militia until 1846.  The article did not go beyond that, but currently the militias created by law have been disbanded.  What you have today are militias that have popped up post - 1987 (most of the militias in the U.S. being less than ten years old.)

https://www.revolvy.com/topic/State-defense-force

PRIOR to the modern militias Wisconsin got down to a "Naval Militia" and it became:

"The Wisconsin Naval Militia served as a military reserve force for the state of Wisconsin..."

That militia was disbanded in the 1950s.  And how a militia that existed over a century and a half BEFORE the acknowledgment and regulation by our laws via the ratification of the Constitution is quite a trick.   

I think you're trying to derail the thread with irrelevant posts.  Do you have anything relative to the militias in Georgia? 

1 hour ago, Megatron said:

No but I did get a deal on white fabric was wondering if you like some hoods made up.

Back in 1988 Costa-Garvis directed the Tom Berenger movie Betrayed.  That movie illustrated the rift between racial groups and the political right and how they all interact.  The tension between KKK, neo-nazis and conservative / right politicians is explored was uncannily portrayed with a great degree of accuracy.  

I think that is the beef that Megatron has with me.  He has chosen National Socialist solutions and I opted for the more right wing / constitutionalist viewpoint.  I realize that he intended what he said to be as an insult; I choose to think of it as a learning moment.  Politics makes for strange bedfellows and, because I've disagreed with the neo-nazis on their proposed "solutions" (as if regression is a solution)  Megatron sees the truth as an insult to him personally.  Plenty of people are totally ignorant of the history behind some of the political battles the right is caught up in.  If one chooses to remain ignorant after having the facts presented to them, then that is most unfortunate.

In order to make a connection between what I say and what the KKK says, you have to find consistent corollaries.  Ronald Reagan said a lot of things that could have lead people to believe he was a KKK member.  But, since he had other solutions, most people are smart enough to realize that Reagan was not a racist.  If I wanted to be in the KKK, I would join it.  Megatron should watch Betrayed and see how we are joined together by virtue of having a few common political concerns, but diametrically opposed to one another when it comes to proposed solutions.

Regan wasn't that great if a President.  His anti gun laws screwed us. His end of the term he wasn't even mentally sound.  I think some ideas made sense but he was far from great.

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, The Resister said:

Okay, moving right along.  One of my critics asked why it was such a big deal that the Militia of Georgia is the oldest and most continuous militia in the United States.  I didn't have a really good answer for him until I started this thread.  The value of this thread will help ANYONE in the state of Georgia to avoid making the mistakes I made.  It serves as a guide as to what works and what don't.  It will be of a great benefit to get the facts and get 'em straight so that you can operate without the trouble we did.  Experience is a commodity you cannot buy regardless of the size of your wallet. Anyway, back to the topic at hand:

1998 through 2001 were the glory years for the Militia of Georgia.  We had successfully fought court battles, gotten legislation introduced, gotten more people trained and recruited more people than any militia in the U.S. without ever raising the interest of the ADL, SPLC, or anyone else on the left.  As a citizen militia, we had recruited black people, Jews, Hispanics, lots of different kinds of whites from middle of the road conservative to outright nazi.  We even had foreigners that had become U.S. citizens.  Since the left couldn't hit us with the usual racial allegations, they were SOL.  Our way of figuring it was that if you were a law abiding resident of the state of Georgia, if you could vote then you were qualified to be militia (unless you were one of those public officials that cannot participate in the unorganized militia.)

Our position was then, and as far as I'm concerned is that the Militia of Georgia is the only legitimate citizen militia in Georgia.  The leadership is composed of people that ANY militia member can vote on every two years.  NOBODY was doing that before us; NOBODY since.  It is imperative that you understand what happened to us in order to understand the existing militias since then.

About as fast as we got organized, we had people that wanted control of the Militia of Georgia.  This is the Achilles Heel to every organization out there.  If you've ever been a supervisor on a job, the head of the Parent Teachers Organization or even the head monkey of a militia group, someone else is always convinced that they should be the leader or that they should have most of the say in the organization.  And soooo...

Our first detractors was a Jewish couple by the last name of Shuford that were appointed to be the Public Relations Liaison team.   They complained about prayers at the opening of meetings; were mad that we said the Pledge of Allegiance.  One time they faxed a list of complaints - and this is almost impossible to believe, it totaled 270 + pages.  They would show up at Rules Committee meetings where they had NO business and make demands.  One day they demanded that their Rabbi be allowed to address a meeting.  I nixed the idea.  They were furious.  June Griffin, Chaplain for the East Tennessee Militia addressed us many times.  Why not the Rabbi?  He wasn't a militia member and we have militia meetings for members and public meetings for the public where they are invited to address us openly.  That led to some other problem (of which I can't even recall because they had so many complaints)  But, I called for a tribunal.  My mistake.  They spent two hours filibustering the event and the Rules Committee wanted to take the evening off and render their decision on the next day (Sunday.)

Not feeling confident and not wanting to take that kind of abuse any longer, I wrote out my resignation that I was going to give after making closing remarks in their case.  But, the next day rolled around and the Shuford's must have felt the same toward me.  They got to make closing arguments first.  They tendered their resignations in lieu of closing statements.  Then they proceeded to take down our website and nuke the discussion board, despite the fact that they signed an agreement that once they donated time, effort, money, or anything else to the Militia of Georgia, they forfeited all claims to it.  So, you see some people are not as good as their word.  Footnote:  After two years of paying for the domain name militiaofgeorgia.com I gave it up because I could not afford to pay for something we weren't using.  Now, some dotcom investor wants to sell it back to me for two grand.

About as soon as we were over that situation, we developed another - one so complex and screwed up that, once you understand it, you will recognize it when it happens in any group you belong to.

Our first player is Joe Sims.  He built a second discussion board for the Militia of Georgia.  We'll discuss him as we progress, but right now, let's deal with the other players in the game:  Jack Sullivan and Jaimie Blackstone.  When the two of them joined, I personally introduced them since they lived in the Cobb County area in Georgia.  From Cobb County, north, we had no units at all... but we had over 100 members.  Jack was an aggressive type and since he had his own business, I thought he was a safe bet to lead.  So I organized a meeting in Cobb County and appointed Sullivan as a TEMPORARY Unit Captain,  It was explained to everyone that whenever they decided to pick a leadership, it was their decision.  Sullivan was only temporary until the unit formally picked leaders.  They could accept or reject him.

Jack Sullivan turned out to be a joke.  He went to the place where two county workers from the militia worked and made sure their boss knew it.  A woman named Barbra was one of them.  She was our Secretary Treasurer.  She and her husband resigned due to Jack's actions.  Jaimie would run all over the state claiming to be a "fire marshal."  One day I got a visit from an Army official warning that Jack  had brought uniformed ROTC cadets to militia meetings and he had a report that they even engaged in live fire exercises.  The official told me if he confirmed that part of the story, the whole lot of us would wind up in prison.  Then there was the straw that broke the camel's back when I was informed that Jack and Jaimie had shown up in Kentucky at a Ku Klux Klan rally, claiming to be the leaders of the Militia of Georgia.  Anyway, I  give myself a ten paragraph limit on posts so you'll have to wait until I return to see how this story has influenced the modern versions of the militia in Georgia - and probably in many other states.

I'm no great shakes at computers, but could you twist the name and get a "new" domain?  Georgia:militiaof.com... militiaofgeorgiastate.com  Something like that?

4 hours ago, John Last said:

I'm no great shakes at computers, but could you twist the name and get a "new" domain?  Georgia:militiaof.com... militiaofgeorgiastate.com  Something like that?

Yes, the simpler, the better.  But, as you see here, when you're building a site, It's hard to start small and build big.  Just in the past month, several people have come to this site looking for militias in Georgia.  When they didn't find what they were looking for immediately, they left.  It's a slow go and I'd like to find some way of being a bit more permanent.  We had four discussion boards, two were over-taken by disgruntled members and in two instances the servers went out of business without warning (however we did have enough presence of mind to save everything off the most recent board.  I built two other discussion boards, but one freebie server was hard to navigate so nobody came; the other went through the hands of two different servers and the addy was constantly changing.  Even if we had a regular website, it would need to be different and we would have to offer products and services to help potential militiamen.  If I could figure out what they would respond to, I'd offer what's left of the Militia of Georgia that option.  You are right.  We'll have to be creative and come up with a new domain name just as you suggest.