So after the release of the 4th purge movie.  You can now see a example of lawless and total collaspe of people when they don't have the rules to keep them in check.  

It's a movie for for sure but it's also a reality of what happens when you take the veil of laws out.  Also if you look at other counties with a collaspe the militias while they might of had good intentions became war lords. 

im not sure but I think people would have eachothers back more so it be the government vs civilian loes and military so essentially we'd have to worry about the shot callers not the enforcers in a real world situation but it was a good movie a shtf situation that was beyond my wildest thought.  

I think some will help till your faced with the truth that NOBODY is coming to fix the problem.   Food is limited and once that is known to be depleted even the nicest family will slit your throat to feed theirs.

• but I can grow hunt and fish and ive seen a local deer and emu farmer planning on talkin to him about doin the same...as long as were all worth are salt then I think we all got a more than good chance to survive just about anything even a tyrannical government like in purge...that being said im not retarded I no everybodys thought process is different im sure in a situation like that a good amount of people good or bad will be grabbing guns and real world gta v begins

The problem is people see the country lands and farm lands as having the food  and they often dont.   The 1950s farm model is gone for the most part and what your left with is those farmers are often no better then the urban dweeller

You can make preparations and find people but the mass population isn't.  They only self serve.   

They spent the money on boats planes rides and remodeling a kitchen they don't use.

I haven't watched much of the Purge movies. Probably because it is a stark reminder that one could be faced with killing their own blood relation to protect their own lives. I guess that I would much prefer to not be entertained, or amused, by thinking those kind of thoughts. We can rest assured though, that if America collapses, there is no one that will rescue us.

I recall that there is a fellow that writes a blog on the lifestyle in Serbia or Bosnia during the Croatian War. This is perhaps what one would best experience as a commoner,just looking to survive, that wasn't an active military fighter. I think there was a post or two on this fellow and his blog on the boards here somewhere.

• Like 1

Those are the best examples of what happens.  The romantic dream of the militia man defending the town from the evil. Tyrannical government and or invading force is nothing but a dream.  The militia will be fighting a militia for control over a territory like war lords.   They need resources and you and your family will be nothing but that. 

1 hour ago, Megatron said:

Those are the best examples of what happens.  The romantic dream of the militia man defending the town from the evil. Tyrannical government and or invading force is nothing but a dream.  The militia will be fighting a militia for control over a territory like war lords.   They need resources and you and your family will be nothing but that. 

I would agree with your scenario under a total collapse of our government. The Constitution was written to restrain government, and the citizens were responsible for tyrants and evil persons. I highly doubt any scenario such as Russians raining from the skies, or North Koreans invading our shores. I would wager on a huge band of sharia warlords bent on conquering the landscape.