Jump to content

Recommended Posts

REQUEST  -  I'm asking everyone to refrain from posting the usual links to the statutes and pdf files etc. about the militia if you can.

 

There is another thread here about "How to start and train a militia."  I found myself wanting to go in a different direction, so I came up with a thread hoping that we could discuss some real issues without the usual material you see.

 

The only thing that the militia statutes in the United States Code tell us is about the composition of the militia.  Then there are links to starting a militia from the government's point of view and the usual stuff you can see on any site.  I'm coming at this from a different angle and hope that everyone here will participate.  I want to present this from the side of someone active in the militia and relate some of the more important issues and see if we cannot find some balance.  So, be patient with me and don't hesitate to share your thoughts.

 

1)  What is the militia?  Every time we ask that question we get the usual answers and we fret over whether or not we can serve just because of our age, physical condition, etc.  What are really in play are three dynamics here:

 

A)  An unalienable (inherent, God given, natural, absolute) Right to keep and bear Arms

B)  The Second Amendment which acknowledges that the Right exists AND guaranteeing it primarily to insure the security of a free state via a militia

C)  The ability and the duty to protect this country from tyrannical rulers

 

My personal opinion, the selling point I use as a recruitment tool, is that the militia is the last line of defense in a free nation.    If you can offer a different view, please post it by all means.

 

2)  Since anybody that is an adult, law abiding citizen of the United States can own a weapon,  we presume that they are all militia.  But, the federal statutes suggest otherwise.  Without quoting you a lot of sources - which we might do once we get the issues on the table, the first militias were just a little shy of having a draft.  Due to not having police and military forces, the people were generally required to be citizen soldiers.  After we became a constitutional Republic with a Constitution, that became less and less true.

 

Then with laws like what is known as the Dick Act (among other laws) the government sought to federalize the militia.  Some states (like Georgia) have an unarmed militia called the Georgia Defense Force.  Wyoming outlawed the militia altogether.  Today the FEDERAL government has no need for a militia.  We have a military so big that if a foreign nation threatened us to the extent that anyone even thought about a militia, every person with a firearm and the will would be there laws or no laws.  But, we still have the Right to keep and bear Arms.  Additionally, the biggest fear any of us should have today is that the current government is operating outside of the Constitution.  

 

The Declaration of Independence says that we have the Right and the Duty to throw off any government that becomes destructive to the ends of governing without the consent of the governed.  When you have exhausted all of your nonviolent legal and political avenues of redress,  you still retain the Right to over-throw a tyrannical government... but with what?  A USDA approved government approved militia?  That would be like sending a fox to guard the hen-house.

 

I have a list of ten things to discuss, so I'll stop here and let you think this part over and talk about how we bring this all together.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice post.  

 

 I guess on topic of structure my path and view is squad size or smaller fireteam.  This isn't the 90s and people are busy.   Hard enough to get 5 solid people to train.  Much harder when you try for the platoon size.  Which for me doesn't work.  Maybe on paper it's great becsuse your Facebook group us active with posts but very few are showing up getting in sbape with some trigger time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many people don't care about civic and moral duties only what's in it for them.  There are a lot of good people out there but still won't do anything Militia wise until something affects or imminently threatens them directly to do so.  You're right, if you have a good squad sized crew, MAG doing some training together and loyal in most localities, you are doing good.  Large groups often tend to get too large and fall apart into smaller groups because of differences of opinions or personal beliefs.   Now a smaller  town / community could be an exception to this as many people know and interact with each other more.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Resister said:

REQUEST  -  I'm asking everyone to refrain from posting the usual links to the statutes and pdf files etc. about the militia if you can.

 

There is another thread here about "How to start and train a militia."  I found myself wanting to go in a different direction, so I came up with a thread hoping that we could discuss some real issues without the usual material you see.

 

The only thing that the militia statutes in the United States Code tell us is about the composition of the militia.  Then there are links to starting a militia from the government's point of view and the usual stuff you can see on any site.  I'm coming at this from a different angle and hope that everyone here will participate.  I want to present this from the side of someone active in the militia and relate some of the more important issues and see if we cannot find some balance.  So, be patient with me and don't hesitate to share your thoughts.

 

1)  What is the militia?  Every time we ask that question we get the usual answers and we fret over whether or not we can serve just because of our age, physical condition, etc.  What are really in play are three dynamics here:

 

A)  An unalienable (inherent, God given, natural, absolute) Right to keep and bear Arms

B)  The Second Amendment which acknowledges that the Right exists AND guaranteeing it primarily to insure the security of a free state via a militia

C)  The ability and the duty to protect this country from tyrannical rulers

 

My personal opinion, the selling point I use as a recruitment tool, is that the militia is the last line of defense in a free nation.    If you can offer a different view, please post it by all means.

 

2)  Since anybody that is an adult, law abiding citizen of the United States can own a weapon,  we presume that they are all militia.  But, the federal statutes suggest otherwise.  Without quoting you a lot of sources - which we might do once we get the issues on the table, the first militias were just a little shy of having a draft.  Due to not having police and military forces, the people were generally required to be citizen soldiers.  After we became a constitutional Republic with a Constitution, that became less and less true.

 

Then with laws like what is known as the Dick Act (among other laws) the government sought to federalize the militia.  Some states (like Georgia) have an unarmed militia called the Georgia Defense Force.  Wyoming outlawed the militia altogether.  Today the FEDERAL government has no need for a militia.  We have a military so big that if a foreign nation threatened us to the extent that anyone even thought about a militia, every person with a firearm and the will would be there laws or no laws.  But, we still have the Right to keep and bear Arms.  Additionally, the biggest fear any of us should have today is that the current government is operating outside of the Constitution.  

 

The Declaration of Independence says that we have the Right and the Duty to throw off any government that becomes destructive to the ends of governing without the consent of the governed.  When you have exhausted all of your nonviolent legal and political avenues of redress,  you still retain the Right to over-throw a tyrannical government... but with what?  A USDA approved government approved militia?  That would be like sending a fox to guard the hen-house.

 

I have a list of ten things to discuss, so I'll stop here and let you think this part over and talk about how we bring this all together.

 

 

 

I agree with everything you wrote in this post.  The thing to remember though is that active military are citizens too.  I imagine it most likely that if the government became too unbearably tyrannical that the militias formed up to throw off it's rule, that many in the armed forces would side with them.  So most likely it would break down into some type of civil war scenario with factions of the military supporting the over throw of the tyrannical government and some of the military continuing to support the tyrannical government.  So the militia would be supporting the military faction opposed to the tyrannical government and the military backing it.  During the war of Secession the Southern states that seceded kept and used all the military armament and equipment they already had.  The lines of battle would probably be more fluid and dispersed in this day and age though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3)  Allow me to presuppose that you are starting a militia.  Should it be big or little?  Who should be able to become a member?  These are interesting questions if you think hard about them.

 

If anybody can be in the militia, how can you construct an organization that precludes some people of being able to become members?  Now, you have an additional two more dynamics in play:

 

A)  You have a Right to Freedom of Association
B)  Excluding people from the militia may cause you to become a Select Militia.  The definition of a select militia, in this context is:
 

“A select militia was an armed group formed not from the entire population of a jurisdiction by public notice, but selected by some method that might make them unrepresentative of the community”

 

http://www.constitution.org/col/5508_col.htm

 

According to Wikipedia:

 

Note: In Federalist Paper 29 Hamilton argued the inability to train the whole Militia made select corps inevitable and, like Madison, paid it no concern

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_(United_States)

 

So, here it is… that day when the inevitable is being discussed.  So, shall we have a select militia, and if so, what is its purpose since it will not be sanctioned by Uncle Scam?  If you have small fire teams or you opt for conventional team, squad, company, etc, size units, what is their purpose?

 

4)  Obviously, we have not addressed the above questions and we move forward to the subjects of support, resupply and the replenishment of troops – UNLESS you’ve decided to form an unsanctioned militia to simply be an extension of Homeland (IN) Security.  If you have a militia, it has to have a purpose.  What are you trying to accomplish?

 

With me, I’m all about reducing the size, power, and / or scope of government.  Even if it initially sounds like that commitment may be counterproductive to saving our nation, it always works out in the end.  A good example for me personally is the nutty wall around America idea.  Just the Constitution Free Zone and liberals asking how much further they can extend that infringement has me realizing I could convince every American to oppose ANY idea that expands the size, power and / or scope of government.

 

If you cannot articulate WHAT your militia is and WHAT its purpose is nor by what authority it exists, you probably won’t get much support.  Add to that, when you do get members, they have an agenda and, if you haven’t answered the questions above, you probably don’t have an agenda to compete against them,  I’ll be back later with more…

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the most part we almost or rather removed ourselves from the term militia.  We don't mind helping or training with a fellow group hasn't happened yet. Mostly finding groups who share a calm mindset and can think for themselves and also take a joke is next to impossible.   

 

What we evolved from is milita or a mag that evolved into survivalist and prepping to understanding that bugging out to the group plot of land is dumb.  We became homesteaders with a great mindset to be self reliant and work towards going off the grid.  

 

Why would we do that.  

 

One our belief is we want to be left alone and less government involved .  Meaning knowing your food came from you and what you did to make it.  Means you don't have Monsanto and the gmo garbage they put in the food.

 

We did our own range so we don't need to deal with the public and gov coming down to inspect rifles 

 

Our belief is to be separated from the government and just be to left alone.  

 

I think the fight we all are looking for isn't going to be one we can get involved with.  We don't live in the city and blm isn't going to be burning down the food cp-op.  Why because their isn't more then one black family out of 2000 people here.

 

Will we fight of course but it's going be for my property and my neighbors.   Not Kimmy down in the big city who didn't take five mins to stock a weeks worth of food.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Megatron said. Going with a smaller group about Squad size makes the most sense. The larger groups that call themselves,"Militias", tend to be closer to keyboard commandos who may get some range time and camp but never really get realistic training or adequate PT. 

Keep it small, serious and do some good self reflection on what you and your team really need to focus on. Don't be a 3per Fudd posting pics of your Chinese accessories, molon labe and punisher skull plastered gear and front gut area med assault pack. 

The hard reality is that if you are training to be able to fight then not everyone will be up for it. But if your more of a political action group you may want to use that as a title. In either case take the idea of the ,"Quiet professional", and act like it all the time. If the militia truelg is everyone then acting like a cocky loud mouth Hillrod makes all of us look like that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea keeping the squads small, with the serious members.  Even the SEALS and the like usually keep the squads to around 6 people.  A smaller cell is easier to move about without being noticed, also the less people involved, the less info and tactics can be discovered by the other side.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Resister said:

My personal opinion, the selling point I use as a recruitment tool, is that the militia is the last line of defense in a free nation.    If you can offer a different view, please post it by all means.

mine to this was my starting point...as well as reminding what a mans moral responsiblity is....in a militia there should be small teams with individual jobs step one in a situation that youll actually need operators is HQ up quick ta keep your people OK....step 2 acquire the shit you forgot....ima more the marryr kinda guy small teams work best inside a bigger team....this is a good post bro

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow, the premise is being lost.  The consensus is you have five or so guys that are well trained, but trained to do what, exactly?

 

I am a S.P.I.K.E.graduate (Specially Prepared Individuals for Key Events)  While Bo Gritz no longer conducts the program, it is basically the same skill sets taught to Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, Green Berets, etc.  Gritz never turned out an SF operator from us, but most of us that completed the course would give the average ground pounder a run for their money - AND we have skill sets not taught to regular forces.  But, what can you do with those skill sets and half a dozen guys?

 

http://bogritz.org/training.htm

 

http://www.spike-team.com/home/origins/

 

 

  We have a corrupt government...  Back to my list

 

5)  IF you can get people to focus on the first four things I brought up, you then have to acquire a working knowledge of the legal and political system.  You have to know a lot of history as well.  I continue to ask people if they are supporting the Constitution, which one are they supporting:  the living Constitution or the original intent advocates.   You'd be surprised to find you which side of that argument many right wing positions are really on.  So, before you can embark on any plan to defend America, the citizen part of the citizen soldier must address the social, political, legal and historical aspects of their ideology.  You genuinely need a think tank of people to sit down and carefully weigh each issue and the strategies. 

 

6)  So far, we're still talking about the size of each unit... not what they are training for; not what they are going to do; not what they believe in; not how they are going to finance their activities, etc.  Sometimes this, is in my opinion, is like herding cats or asking a construction crew to build something of which nobody has examined the blueprints for.  As Hannibal Smith used to say on tv's the A Team, "You gotta have a plan."  Until you have the above preliminaries out of the way, you're not ready to recruit and you're not ready to train.  So, step 6 is to get yourself a notebook, some pencils, and go old school writing each step down and answering the questions for yourself.  GIVE POTENTIAL RECRUITS A CAUSE THEY CAN BELIEVE IN.  More importantly, writing these steps down will help you chart a course so that you can achieve something.  Your thinking must be deeper than we're going into the woods and play soldier so that if we have to we can defend the Constitution.  That is way too vague and inadequate.

 

7)  AFTER you've completed the above  preliminaries and determined things like how big you think a militia should be, how you can recruit and whether or not you want a select militia... and then justify it by telling potential recruits by what authority your militia exists you might start thinking about recruiting.  As we saw, it's simply not that easy to say we have a Right to keep and bear Arms, so we're militia and we're going to defend the Constitution.  Armed with that you hit boards like this one, establish a Fakebook account, maybe slap up a website, and even hold public events:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU9THDZ2S5k

 

A few months after the news stories disappear from the headlines, so do the groups.  Culprit?  The way the modern militia is being conducted is like a reactionary force.  If you want something to last; if you want people to be with you through thick and thin, you have to become a PROACTIVE FORCE.  That is the main reason you need a think tank.  

 

As Ripcannon and our second in command in Georgia can attest, you won't be meeting no hard core patriots on Fakebook and most militia leaders won't come to boards like this because year in and year out, they have a hard time recruiting and see outlets like this as a threat to their piece of the pie.  In fact, if you were in a militia, publicly posting upcoming events you were holding wherein the public is invited, inside of six months you would have more potential recruits than you could handle.  That is why this board is so important.  Many are coming here daily, but they don't see any upcoming events that the same dozen of us posting.  It's time we got serious about changing things up.  Get ready... when I post again, we'll get to the end of this long harangue.... or at least most of it.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the skill set i require is emergency medical....evacuation of people in need witch was something we just did due to all this rain here in pa....basically me and a few other teach a chaos theory  in battle tactics...never shoot twice from the same spot type shit mixed with a crazy survival course i maid up it weeds out the people afraid of water,rain,sleeping outside,white water rafting,and of course we bring no food and empty canteens ....i imagine its something like spikes because its more then soldiers in my opinion its something different.....to keep people i learned building a friendship is the way,its the hardest easiest thing to do...haha yes my brother its all about being proactive but that can be a challenge in itself to have good ideas and act them out in a group dynamic......this is something i could use a hand with at some point on here...NOT trying to change topic....im on stand by for the next post you peeked my interest yet again...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, The Resister said:

it's simply not that easy to say we have a Right to keep and bear Arms, so we're militia and we're going to defend the Constitution.  Armed with that you hit boards like this one, establish a Fakebook account, maybe slap up a website, and even hold public events:

i just want to highlight this...its great...

Edited by Ripcannon
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Resister said:

1)  What is the militia?  Every time we ask that question we get the usual answers and we fret over whether or not we can serve just because of our age, physical condition, etc.  What are really in play are three dynamics here:

 

A)  An unalienable (inherent, God given, natural, absolute) Right to keep and bear Arms

B)  The Second Amendment which acknowledges that the Right exists AND guaranteeing it primarily to insure the security of a free state via a militia

C)  The ability and the duty to protect this country from tyrannical rulers

 

My personal opinion, the selling point I use as a recruitment tool, is that the militia is the last line of defense in a free nation.    If you can offer a different view, please post it by all means.

 

2)  Since anybody that is an adult, law abiding citizen of the United States can own a weapon,  we presume that they are all militia.  But, the federal statutes suggest otherwise.  Without quoting you a lot of sources - which we might do once we get the issues on the table, the first militias were just a little shy of having a draft.  Due to not having police and military forces, the people were generally required to be citizen soldiers.  After we became a constitutional Republic with a Constitution, that became less and less true.

 

Then with laws like what is known as the Dick Act (among other laws) the government sought to federalize the militia.  Some states (like Georgia) have an unarmed militia called the Georgia Defense Force.  Wyoming outlawed the militia altogether.  Today the FEDERAL government has no need for a militia.  We have a military so big that if a foreign nation threatened us to the extent that anyone even thought about a militia, every person with a firearm and the will would be there laws or no laws.  But, we still have the Right to keep and bear Arms.  Additionally, the biggest fear any of us should have today is that the current government is operating outside of the Constitution.  

 

Lots of good stuff in that post...

 

Back in America's baby status, the local towns were the pulling draw for militias. Few people wanted to leave their areas and very few wanted to leave their state to fight. If the local area was threatened, the local residents were the ones with the most "skin in the game" so were they ones that were most likely to respond. The same effect happens today with patriot groups that represent a large area. Very few seem to care unless a disaster happens in their back yard. If you don't see people on a weekly basis, don't expect to form much of a bond or commitment. 

 

In talking about America's past, the same issues that plagued militias back then were the same issues we see today. People have a fear of taking on responsibility, people have attractive domestic lives with comfort and security, people like to talk about the glory but not actually walk the walk, etc... All kinds of incentives were offered by local towns and the state for militia service, but often little result came of it but fraudulent "enlisters". 

 

A little uncomfortable opinion here that few feel like talking about... the unalienable right to keep and bear arms...applies to the alien as well as the citizen...and also the felon. The states and feds have their own opinion, but once one defines a right as "unalienable", then one had better not have a stance to limit that right.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BuryTheHatchet said:

If you don't see people on a weekly basis, don't expect to form much of a bond or commitment. 

sad but true....i call them patriots for a day...goes back to respect is earned not given

Edited by Ripcannon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The Resister said:

Somehow, the premise is being lost.  The consensus is you have five or so guys that are well trained, but trained to do what, exactly?

 

I am a S.P.I.K.E.graduate (Specially Prepared Individuals for Key Events)  While Bo Gritz no longer conducts the program, it is basically the same skill sets taught to Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, Green Berets, etc.  Gritz never turned out an SF operator from us, but most of us that completed the course would give the average ground pounder a run for their money - AND we have skill sets not taught to regular forces.  But, what can you do with those skill sets and half a dozen guys?

 

http://bogritz.org/training.htm

 

http://www.spike-team.com/home/origins/

 

 

  We have a corrupt government...  Back to my list

 

5)  IF you can get people to focus on the first four things I brought up, you then have to acquire a working knowledge of the legal and political system.  You have to know a lot of history as well.  I continue to ask people if they are supporting the Constitution, which one are they supporting:  the living Constitution or the original intent advocates.   You'd be surprised to find you which side of that argument many right wing positions are really on.  So, before you can embark on any plan to defend America, the citizen part of the citizen soldier must address the social, political, legal and historical aspects of their ideology.  You genuinely need a think tank of people to sit down and carefully weigh each issue and the strategies. 

 

6)  So far, we're still talking about the size of each unit... not what they are training for; not what they are going to do; not what they believe in; not how they are going to finance their activities, etc.  Sometimes this, is in my opinion, is like herding cats or asking a construction crew to build something of which nobody has examined the blueprints for.  As Hannibal Smith used to say on tv's the A Team, "You gotta have a plan."  Until you have the above preliminaries out of the way, you're not ready to recruit and you're not ready to train.  So, step 6 is to get yourself a notebook, some pencils, and go old school writing each step down and answering the questions for yourself.  GIVE POTENTIAL RECRUITS A CAUSE THEY CAN BELIEVE IN.  More importantly, writing these steps down will help you chart a course so that you can achieve something.  Your thinking must be deeper than we're going into the woods and play soldier so that if we have to we can defend the Constitution.  That is way too vague and inadequate.

 

7)  AFTER you've completed the above  preliminaries and determined things like how big you think a militia should be, how you can recruit and whether or not you want a select militia... and then justify it by telling potential recruits by what authority your militia exists you might start thinking about recruiting.  As we saw, it's simply not that easy to say we have a Right to keep and bear Arms, so we're militia and we're going to defend the Constitution.  Armed with that you hit boards like this one, establish a Fakebook account, maybe slap up a website, and even hold public events:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU9THDZ2S5k

 

A few months after the news stories disappear from the headlines, so do the groups.  Culprit?  The way the modern militia is being conducted is like a reactionary force.  If you want something to last; if you want people to be with you through thick and thin, you have to become a PROACTIVE FORCE.  That is the main reason you need a think tank.  

 

As Ripcannon and our second in command in Georgia can attest, you won't be meeting no hard core patriots on Fakebook and most militia leaders won't come to boards like this because year in and year out, they have a hard time recruiting and see outlets like this as a threat to their piece of the pie.  In fact, if you were in a militia, publicly posting upcoming events you were holding wherein the public is invited, inside of six months you would have more potential recruits than you could handle.  That is why this board is so important.  Many are coming here daily, but they don't see any upcoming events that the same dozen of us posting.  It's time we got serious about changing things up.  Get ready... when I post again, we'll get to the end of this long harangue.... or at least most of it.  

 

Another great post there...

 

The militia days of America's youth required trained persons better then an "average" citizen. The minute-men were the rapid reaction force frequently trained in weapons and tactics drills. Having "specialized" groups in a modern day patriot group has precedent and relevancy. 

 

Reactionary forces versus proactive forces.... A reactionary force is not going to be public with training or operations. Specific skill sets are maintained and an individual has a specific role. On the other hand, a proactive force is going to involve the local community on many levels and would not necessarily require specific skills. They could look like people doing these things...

participating in rallies and protests involving any aspect of liberty,

serving in soup kitchens or meals on wheels,

working with veterans on their jobs/housing/food needs,

neighborhood watch groups,

handing out water bottles to firefighters/police on duty, 

manage an emergency phone tree for local patriot groups or other community groups,

weather watchers,

manning a booth at local fairs and social events on political parties and issue awareness

having monthly contact with the county sheriff or a deputy on what it means to be a constitutional sheriff

participate or help out with 2A events involving youth (hunters safety courses, group activities like skeet shoots or sporting clays events, maybe paintball clubs)

holding monthly classes on foraging or food gathering, possibly outdoor events like shelter making, fire starting, etc

 

The list above could go on and on...and be used as a tool for gaining involvement and potential recruits from those that would be turned off by "armed guys wearing camo playing in the woods". Remember that frequent involvement builds relationships...and people get to see you for the person you really are.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Resister said:

Somehow, the premise is being lost.  The consensus is you have five or so guys that are well trained, but trained to do what, exactly?

 

I am a S.P.I.K.E.graduate (Specially Prepared Individuals for Key Events)  While Bo Gritz no longer conducts the program, it is basically the same skill sets taught to Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, Green Berets, etc.  Gritz never turned out an SF operator from us, but most of us that completed the course would give the average ground pounder a run for their money - AND we have skill sets not taught to regular forces.  But, what can you do with those skill sets and half a dozen guys?

 

http://bogritz.org/training.htm

 

http://www.spike-team.com/home/origins/

 

 

  We have a corrupt government...  Back to my list

 

5)  IF you can get people to focus on the first four things I brought up, you then have to acquire a working knowledge of the legal and political system.  You have to know a lot of history as well.  I continue to ask people if they are supporting the Constitution, which one are they supporting:  the living Constitution or the original intent advocates.   You'd be surprised to find you which side of that argument many right wing positions are really on.  So, before you can embark on any plan to defend America, the citizen part of the citizen soldier must address the social, political, legal and historical aspects of their ideology.  You genuinely need a think tank of people to sit down and carefully weigh each issue and the strategies. 

 

6)  So far, we're still talking about the size of each unit... not what they are training for; not what they are going to do; not what they believe in; not how they are going to finance their activities, etc.  Sometimes this, is in my opinion, is like herding cats or asking a construction crew to build something of which nobody has examined the blueprints for.  As Hannibal Smith used to say on tv's the A Team, "You gotta have a plan."  Until you have the above preliminaries out of the way, you're not ready to recruit and you're not ready to train.  So, step 6 is to get yourself a notebook, some pencils, and go old school writing each step down and answering the questions for yourself.  GIVE POTENTIAL RECRUITS A CAUSE THEY CAN BELIEVE IN.  More importantly, writing these steps down will help you chart a course so that you can achieve something.  Your thinking must be deeper than we're going into the woods and play soldier so that if we have to we can defend the Constitution.  That is way too vague and inadequate.

 

7)  AFTER you've completed the above  preliminaries and determined things like how big you think a militia should be, how you can recruit and whether or not you want a select militia... and then justify it by telling potential recruits by what authority your militia exists you might start thinking about recruiting.  As we saw, it's simply not that easy to say we have a Right to keep and bear Arms, so we're militia and we're going to defend the Constitution.  Armed with that you hit boards like this one, establish a Fakebook account, maybe slap up a website, and even hold public events:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU9THDZ2S5k

 

A few months after the news stories disappear from the headlines, so do the groups.  Culprit?  The way the modern militia is being conducted is like a reactionary force.  If you want something to last; if you want people to be with you through thick and thin, you have to become a PROACTIVE FORCE.  That is the main reason you need a think tank.  

 

As Ripcannon and our second in command in Georgia can attest, you won't be meeting no hard core patriots on Fakebook and most militia leaders won't come to boards like this because year in and year out, they have a hard time recruiting and see outlets like this as a threat to their piece of the pie.  In fact, if you were in a militia, publicly posting upcoming events you were holding wherein the public is invited, inside of six months you would have more potential recruits than you could handle.  That is why this board is so important.  Many are coming here daily, but they don't see any upcoming events that the same dozen of us posting.  It's time we got serious about changing things up.  Get ready... when I post again, we'll get to the end of this long harangue.... or at least most of it.  

 

 

 

So what skills did you focus on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, The Resister said:

it is basically the same skill sets taught to Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, Green Berets, etc.

how to live

Edited by Ripcannon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Resister said:

  As Hannibal Smith used to say on tv's the A Team, "You gotta have a plan."  Until you have the above preliminaries out of the way, you're not ready to recruit and you're not ready to train.  So, step 6 is to get yourself a notebook, some pencils, and go old school writing each step down and answering the questions for yourself.  GIVE POTENTIAL RECRUITS A CAUSE THEY CAN BELIEVE IN.  More importantly, writing these steps down will help you chart a course so that you can achieve something.  Your thinking must be deeper than we're going into the woods and play soldier so that if we have to we can defend the Constitution.  That is way too vague and inadequate.

read this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

........wait....... Did you just actually post that you are more skilled and squared away than a 11B, or 0331? Do you have any military or combat experience to gauge it? If not then that claim is not only boisterous but in fact disrespectful to all of the combat vets on this page. 

Going to 4 week bartending college doesn't make you a seasoned bartender. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool maybe the two of you OPERATORS can plan a raid for us ,"average ground pounders".  I'll give you a starting grid point, grid point, unit size and equipment. Please denote RPs on all RTs. Primary, seondary, and emergency RTs. 

Timetable. Possible PB or LUP postions. SOI and PACE plan. Actions on OBJ and Actions on contact. Possible LDAs. ROEs. Special teams. 

Make sure to do a METTTC analysis. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SPECTRE 6 said:

........wait....... Did you just actually post that you are more skilled and squared away than a 11B, or 0331? Do you have any military or combat experience to gauge it? If not then that claim is not only boisterous but in fact disrespectful to all of the combat vets on this page. 

Going to 4 week bartending college doesn't make you a seasoned bartender. 

 

Oh come on.  A four week bartending college?  The course, if you read the links is the equivalent to three and half years training.  Most of us had prior military and you really need to read this thread.  I made no such claim against the military and am offended that you suggest so.  I said we could give the average ground pounder a run for their money.  There is a Hell of a lot more to being a citizen soldier than military skills.

 

If your average grunt got separated from his unit and had to survive in the wild, he's received little to NO training in that.  If your average grunt had to make improvised weapons, he'd be lost.  If your average grunt had to navigate without a map and compass, he'd be up stink creek.  I think you're looking for an angle to make it look like I'm denigrating the military because I took training that the military does not get and I find that to be offensive, dishonest and divisive.  

 

The military does not teach political guerrilla warfare, psychopolitics, nor extensive first aid to regular soldiers.  They don't even teach gunsmithing so, at best you can disassemble your weapon, clean it and put it back together.  The people in Vietnam got their butts kicked by a people that didn't own as much as even a helicopter.  So, don't make the mistake of thinking that guerrilla forces can be underestimated.  Can every grunt you know rappel?  Original S.P.I.K.E. grads could.  Our X.O. said that he received more individual weapons training at an Appleseed shoot than he did in the USMC, including boot camp.  So, no, it's a point I've made more than once... if you read the thread.  What can I do with the training?  Combat experience gives you an advantage, but then, again, training - especially in areas you can't possibly say you learned in the military have their own inherent advantages.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, The Resister said:

Combat experience gives you an advantage, but then, again, training - especially in areas you can't possibly say you learned in the military have their own inherent advantages.  

 

the only thing you take with you from combat is knowing how one will react for the next time... most people only no about pulling security around there individual transport...ill just say every situation is different being trained at all is a plus it helps with confidence and frankly ive done things so many times i can kinda tune out and do what needs done.....Any REAL COMBAT VET can do the same....lets get back to the post forum w/e you call it...were all friendly's here:ph34r:

Edited by Ripcannon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Your Privacy Is Important To Us Learn More: Privacy Policy