The Resister

Militia of Georgia update

Posted (edited)

We have a young man in Georgia that wants to reorganize the Militia of Georgia.  The members are still looking to me as a primary organizer since we've not held an election in several years.  This guy has no military experience and he would be the first state officer (other than one guy who falsified his application and did not finish his probationary period) to serve in the Militia of Georgia.

I wanted him to know what a militia is and I was also asked by someone else to help educate those who did not know what the militia is all about.  I couldn't reinvent the wheel, so this is what I had to say to anyone who wants to know what the militia is:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/usmilitias/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=78&p=335#p335

It was too long to post and some of the expected responses may not be fit for consumption here,  but left the link just for the curious.  The question I have here is, would anyone join a civilian militia that had a young guy with a physical disability and no military experience as its primary organizer?  

Edited by The Resister
  • Thanks 1

The only copy I have left is my own copy.  A former member (that was dishonorably discharged) refused to return the original cd and she made sure to hack my computer back in those days, so when we sold out of original handbooks we didn't print them up again.

If we begin recruiting again, we'll probably retype and revise the book and keep it stored better than when I knew nothing about saving stuff to something other than my computer.   I also have the old US Militias manual by Dan Shoemaker and don't think it's available anywhere on the net.  Anyway, got a lot of original material.  Just need an easy way to get it scanned so that we can make it available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Megatron said:

Dishonorable? 

Fedex will scan it for a few bucks 

Thanks.  I might do that if we get any feedback on turning the new guy into the chief organizer.

The story about the dishonorable discharge is in the Know your Georgia militias thread.

depending on the disability...a smart guy whos only book smart is useless unless he can apply it....if hes just ugly alls well but im more a lead from the front guy....im guessing his mobility is impaired so as long as he can operate a utv of some sorts a civilian militia will be fine 

21 hours ago, The Resister said:

physical disability and no military experience as its primary organizer?  

idk if id want someone without experience to plan a op for me in a shtf scenario.so that and ftx would have to be figured out(maybe  he should lead with that)...if he'll sweat with me ill call him brother no matter what....i got exploits under my belt ive got disability's im still recovering from a broken pelvis that happened a while back plus i got multiple steel rods in me...its how you deal with it that matters...but if the guys willing to work hard i dont see the problem...all that being said ive met people that have military experience and have no disability's besides being over weight and i wouldnt follow them it fall on his character and if hes a solid dude people will follow.    

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Ripcannon said:

depending on the disability...a smart guy whos only book smart is useless unless he can apply it....if hes just ugly alls well but im more a lead from the front guy....im guessing his mobility is impaired so as long as he can operate a utv of some sorts a civilian militia will be fine 

idk if id want someone without experience to plan a op for me in a shtf scenario.so that and ftx would have to be figured out(maybe  he should lead with that)...if he'll sweat with me ill call him brother no matter what....i got exploits under my belt ive got disability's im still recovering from a broken pelvis that happened a while back plus i got multiple steel rods in me...its how you deal with it that matters...but if the guys willing to work hard i dont see the problem...all that being said ive met people that have military experience and have no disability's besides being over weight and i wouldnt follow them it fall on his character and if hes a solid dude people will follow.    

People have a lot of ideas about what the militia is and what it is not.  When I got into the militia, nothing I did in the military prepared me for the militia.  The Militia of Georgia has always been more than some guys running around in their camouflage BDUs pretending to still be soldiers.

The Militia of Georgia has always worked to be a part of the community and stress the citizen part of the equation of citizen - soldier.   As such the leader of the organization is an administrative functionary, not the guy who will lead you in battle.  In the very first election of the organization, there were maybe six or seven nominees (IIRC.)  A friend of mine had left the Rangers at the end of his hitch to help me recruit.  So, it was a bit uncomfortable when the nominations were revealed and both he and I were nominated to be the Commanding Officer.  Troll, as he was called, stood up to address the members that day when it was his turn and said the he would not run against me.  Neither did he want me to pull out of the running.  

So I stood up and asked him publicly if I accepted the nomination would he agree to run for the Executive Officer position.  He agreed.  We look upon the C.O. as the man over executive actions.  Put another way, Donald Trump is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces in the United States and the closest he's come to the military is shaking hands with military personnel.

Troll understood from our recruiting days that the guy running the organization would deal more with the media and what we could and could not say to them.  The  C.O. would make decisions as to whether or not to post videos, coordinate activities between various units, make sure the Rules Committee made appropriate rules,  allow other militia unit leaders to interact with the media and oversee the training curriculum.  You know, the C.O. handles administrative issues, PR, etc.  The guy who would lead the troops if the SHTF is a different guy.  My personal opinion, however, is that if the vote had come down to me versus Troll, he would have been the first C.O.  He was a former Ranger that had served on one of those unmarked black helicopters that didn't exist at the time.  He did not feel that qualified him for the job of C.O.  He told me that the C.O. dealt with too many political and legal issues.  He had no problem heading up the training end and he had a really good D.I. persona when people showed up to train.  But I digress.

Edited by The Resister
  • Like 1

that makes sense another luxury of numbers... id join knowing that...hell id wish id live in Georgia if pa wasnt so beautiful...why dont you do it? i never seen a person in charge do them things its usually the second ,3rd or a special PR command, i even heard a guy call his position media intelligence if that aint a double negative. As long as the guy in charge can hold his own and get respect without asking all should be well...let me know how things go.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Megatron said:

What did you do in the military and for how long 

Megatron, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but elsewhere you asked me where I went to basic.  As you recall, when I answered that, you began attacking me and my service.

My view is that when you denigrate a person's service to this country just because you do not understand them from a political point of view, you lose the right to inquire about that individual any further.  If I answer that question, then comes another and another... and each of them drawing your criticism as if I need validation from you.  Whether publicly or privately, you have shown nothing but disdain and disrespect toward me.  Add to that, my shadow likes playing the same game you do.  

When I told you about the years I have been in the militia and who I was involved with, you accused me of "dropping names" so the net result is, you and I are not having a conversation.  You are engaged in an interrogation and when you call me names and commit other cowardly acts toward me, we are not face to face.  That puts me at a distinct disadvantage.  Of course, once you've posted your dd214 you might have cause to challenge me, but let me save you some trouble.  When my stalker / shadow is publicly identified, I'm going to post my information that you nor he can find.  A lifetime of having my name changed several times has given me advantages you cannot begin to fathom.  Since people are using the Internet to harass and intimidate others anonymously, it makes me not want to be cooperative.  Your short answer is, I served long enough to get an honorable discharge and be asked to re-up.  Virtually all the gun play I've ever witnessed in my life was in the private sector and I did construction work in the military.  It's about as non-distinct and unimportant as life gets.  I can say that the government giving me college money was the greatest thing government ever did for me.  

If I were ever on a battlefield, this might make a rat's rear.  What I did in the service did not make me any more competent in any area that I wasn't already competent in.  So, it doesn't count for anything.  I worked in the family business doing construction jobs and that is what I did after I left home... until I got an education.  

Edited by The Resister
  • Like 2