So 2 presidential elections in my life would have went the other way if popular vote prevailed, often debatable which method do you think is best and why?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Resister said:

I would go back to the original system:

Senate is picked by the STATES

Congress is picked the VOTERS

Supreme Court is decided by a presidential nomination and confirmation by the SENATE.

The electoral college keeps us from having all the power concentrated in places like New York and Los Angeles

It is the only way to truly have a Republic with a system of checks and balances.

Was property ownership a requirement for voting back in the founders' day for an election?

Did individual states have their own voting requirements in each of their state constitutions?

20 minutes ago, The Resister said:

I would go back to the original system:

Senate is picked by the STATES

Congress is picked the VOTERS

Supreme Court is decided by a presidential nomination and confirmation by the SENATE.

The electoral college keeps us from having all the power concentrated in places like New York and Los Angeles

It is the only way to truly have a Republic with a system of checks and balances.

of course you'd say this.ha...i hope everyone agrees with you on this...hopefully before we're dead and gone we can see this....but to my defense your answer wasn't on track with the question it was electoral college vs popular vote.not being a dick,,,i just said popular was the right answer but when you said

26 minutes ago, The Resister said:

it made me think and your right good answer...im still a popular vote kinda guy just not in this case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fixer said:

So 2 presidential elections in my life would have went the other way if popular vote prevailed, often debatable which method do you think is best and why?

Popular vote not taking into account voter fraud by the Democratic Party but that's another thread.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Resister said:
6 minutes ago, The Resister said:

But, I'll support your Right to support a democracy.  

i support this democracy....but i'd prefer a republic...if that makes any sense...to be honest i try to support are way of things but im not for" control of an organization or group by the majority of its members."to make this response more confusing

14 minutes ago, The Resister said:

I'll support your Right to support a democracy.  

i try to support are way because thats the patriotic thing to do?....but honestly im not for "control of an organization or group by the majority of its members."...ever since i was a kid i was for a republic...it gets confusing witch is right or are they both right

• Like 1