Megatron

Marxist masquerading as militia

I agree that the state can call up the militia and/or unorganized militia and it becomes the organized militia under the state for those that will answer that call.  I don't agree that the state is the sole determination of the organized militia though, any group of citizens that come together to train and drill on a regular basis is also an organized militia.  Some states have made citizen run militia groups illegal.  Some state governments are just as bad as the federal government or in cahoots with them in usurping individual citizen''s rights and freedoms.  Such would prefer to turn them into privileges they control,  often with intent to infringe or take away eventually.   

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 2:43 PM, Let_Freedom_Ring said:

I don't agree that the state is the sole determination of the organized militia though, any group of citizens that come together to train and drill on a regular basis is also an organized militia. 

This is were we disagree. The state/local government has always been the purveyor of the organized militia. Groups of citizens getting together and training/drilling on a regular basis isn't necessarily against the law, yet some things that group does can be construed as against the law, however, they are not an "organized militia" in any sense of the word. Your group can call themselves anything they want, they are looked at as a group/club by the state, not a legal or constitutional militia as some infer.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:43 PM, Let_Freedom_Ring said:

Some states have made citizen run militia groups illegal.  Some state governments are just as bad as the federal government or in cahoots with them in usurping individual citizen''s rights and freedoms.  Such would prefer to turn them into privileges they control,  often with intent to infringe or take away eventually. 

They made them illegal based on recognized Court Opinions.  You don't have a right or a freedom to create a citizen/private militia.

As to rights and freedoms, every right/freedom can be limited or taken, it is accepted simply by living in a society.

Yes, any rights can be limited or taken if the people let it happen, I will agree that can happen and sometimes does.  I'll agree to disagree on the other point of what constitutes an organized militia.