THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION.

Light Infantry Tactics fro small teams is not particularly a good book for the militia. This book is designed for infantry of a large army. A small team can sweep an area and if they find something, (like being shot at) they can call for air support, reinforcements, and MedEvacs. While the title says small team, the tactics are not of a small team completely independent of the larger army.

A militia can not afford losses like the Army can. The militia does not have the resources and support of a real army. The militia should be following the tactics of guerrilla warfare. Tactics of units that don't count their members as mere numbers, but as vital, irreplaceable, elements of their mission.

• Like 1

Correct in militias need to adapt a guerilla warfare aspect to their SOP. Which is why I always wonder why there are so many guys decked out in 30lbs worth of plates with only 4 mags and an obvious disregard for PT trying to mimic the exact gear load out and setup as active units.

On the book. It's subjective to your COA. If your plan is to operate in a city and run hit and run tactics back to your safe house then only a couple things can be taken as useful.

But if your chosen terrain is deep thick forested areas; ergo Pacific NW, then it has alot of merit. IMTs, Danger areas, Listening/ Secuirty halts, linear/ L shape ambushes, are all going to be the same or slight variations even for guerilla forces operating in these enviros. I believe this really comes down to how your unit SOP is set up along with a serious METT-TC and COA consideration.

There are some units out there that only specialize in Comms or cyber security. Their SOP is completely different from others.

• Like 1

I am in the Pacific North West. I agree that there are a few good tidbits in that book. I was forced to read it in Basic Training. I am just saying it is dangerous for a militia to adapt too much from this book.

I am in the Pacific North West. I agree that there are a few good tidbits in that book. I was forced to read it in Basic Training. I am just saying it is dangerous for a militia to adapt too much from this book.

You are right. But you can learn their tactics to form your own. I was told by a general in the first gulf war "the best way to beat your enemy is to know your enemy". So I will take what you said and put it into my units training manual.

• Like 1